Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Delia out

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Well the fact they will hang on until it’s too late probably means it will go south after they walk away. They have utterly wasted so many excellent opportunities and moments when we would have been attractive to invest in. 

To be fair when you say "invest" in, thus financially, the most attractive would have been when in League One. Which you most certainly didn't praise them for making us financially attractive to investors for, but is the reality...

5 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

The word “pedant” comes to mind.

Simply looking for you to add some substantive content to phrases that have no meaning unless you explain what is meant by them. Otherwise that represent nothing more than the outburst of futile frustrations of an angry man. I was assuming you must know what you mean by phrases such as "Motivation to drive things forward", or you wouldn't be saying that Delia lacks that drive, whatever it is supposed to be. Was hoping you might enlighten us, as it sounds very important.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

All of our promotions to the premier league. Utterly wasted. 

The best time to sell/attract an investor is when your stock as a club is at it's lowest, not when it is in good shape - and despite relegation again, we are nowhere near being a basket case that could be bought on the cheap, which is what many investors want.

• Like 1

We all know that financially the current owners can only do so much, and I suspect most of us will accept that, failing a billionaire strolling in (which let's face it is never gonna happen) then it is what it is. 

I think what is upsetting people is the perceived arrogance and disconnect with the fans, the lack of communication and the total PR disaster that is Webber.

I suspect the owners hope is, we start next season well, and that after a few wins we'll all stop complaining and be happy.

• Thanks 1

are we really sitting here saying "let's give Delia and whatever his name is another go, and if they need us to pay to tarmac the car park we will chip in"? If so, we have lost our club.  its a joke. 

What, now?  Does this even make sense?

if you don't see the point, you will be chipping in. Bank details to NCFC

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Simply looking for you to add some substantive content to phrases that have no meaning unless you explain what is meant by them. Otherwise that represent nothing more than the outburst of futile frustrations of an angry man. I was assuming you must know what you mean by phrases such as "Motivation to drive things forward", or you wouldn't be saying that Delia lacks that drive, whatever it is supposed to be. Was hoping you might enlighten us, as it sounds very important.

I suspect most people understand what is meant by “motivation to drive things forward”, probably even you.  It might even have been on the list of essential qualities when you were applying for that job with Deloitte.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

I suspect most people understand what is meant by “motivation to drive things forward”, probably even you.  It might even have been on the list of essential qualities when you were applying for that job with Deloitte.

I genuinely have no idea what you mean by it. But if you say most people understand what is meant by it, surely you can explain it to an old fool like me. I would love to know what it is that Delia is lacking regarding "the motivation to drive things forward", so I can decide whether I should criticise her for that lack. Ditto the other failings you list. I would be most grateful!

Believe it or not I agree with Hoggy. Delia out is meaningless. Its just an emotion that illustrates how we feel.

We have to have a serious contender. It won't be anytime soon either. We cannot make her sell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I genuinely have no idea what you mean by it. But if you say most people understand what is meant by it, surely you can explain it to an old fool like me. I would love to know what it is that Delia is lacking regarding "the motivation to drive things forward", so I can decide whether I should criticise her for that lack. Ditto the other failings you list. I would be most grateful!

We’ve just had a dreadful season, and you’re asking for a multi-page business paper to explain in minute detail the qualities that might be beneficial for a future owner to possess.  Well, I’m not going to pander to your silly pedantry.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

No, but if youre going to demand something it 100% is your responsibility to understand the potential repercussions, which they most certainly did not. They also stopped as soon as questioned.

Maybe the human solution will find a way? No point in relying on young people too much, after all most of them don't know how to boil an egg. Perhaps if we had some footballers old enough to know how to boil an egg, we may improve.

No one is saying she has done wrong, no one is saying what she has done baldly. If no one wants to buy the club then fine we'll continue as we are, but let's at least try. Let's see what's out there and who wants to buy the club.

• Like 1

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

We’ve just had a dreadful season, and you’re asking for a multi-page business paper to explain in minute detail the qualities that might be beneficial for a future owner to possess.  Well, I’m not going to pander to your silly pedantry.

Erm! I simply asked if you could explain one short phrase. That phrase was "...the motivation to drive things forward", something you said Delia lacked. I'm not sure what businesses you have worked for, but I don't think you would find many requiring a "multi-page  business paper to explain in minute detail the qualities that might be beneficial for a future owner to possess", when all you have been asked is to explain what you mean by one short phrase. I'm beginning to suspect you might not really know what you mean by it either. How disappointing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdncfc said:

Whatever happens next can't be worse than the shower of ****e that has been dished up this season

Of course it can. Were you not at the Colchester game? Or any home game between 1996 and 2001? Or any game under Roeder? It can get a lot worse than this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Erm! I simply asked if you could explain one short phrase. That phrase was "...the motivation to drive things forward", something you said Delia lacked. I'm not sure what businesses you have worked for, but I don't think you would find many requiring a "multi-page  business paper to explain in minute detail the qualities that might be beneficial for a future owner to possess", when all you have been asked is to explain what you mean by one short phrase. I'm beginning to suspect you might not really know what you mean by it either. How disappointing!

The desire to initiate, guide and maintain behaviours in pursuit of a goal, and the ability to maintain that momentum to ensure the goal is achieved.  Something that most people in their 80s struggle to do.  Now please go away.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The best time to sell/attract an investor is when your stock as a club is at it's lowest, not when it is in good shape - and despite relegation again, we are nowhere near being a basket case that could be bought on the cheap, which is what many investors want.

So we carry on with the same people failing over and over...great! 

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Of course it can. Were you not at the Colchester game? Or any home game between 1996 and 2001? Or any game under Roeder? It can get a lot worse than this.

And thankfully those did not happen under our current owners.... oh hang on...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well, speaking as a professional investor (no, not in football to be fair), the best investments are made in "potential" - either partially realised (ie. more to come) or "not yet realised". You don't want to buy something that's already making profit as big as it can, or something which is losing too much to recover. You also don't want uncertainty, vanity, thinking too small or bad management.

It's actually very difficult to assess NCFC's "potential" because of the yo-yo last 4 years BUT if I'm very hard-hearted about it, I see a ground which could seat an extra 8000 or so fans, a single club county with a huge potential community, a squad which despite relegation is probably still worth more than at any other time in our history and no debt. All good.

What I don't see is any kind of plan. I do see lots of uncertainty, appalling communication, small town thinking and very poor management. Very bad. So, on my standard criteria it would be one to avoid because my money would go down the toilet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

No, but if youre going to demand something it 100% is your responsibility to understand the potential repercussions, which they most certainly did not. They also stopped as soon as questioned.

What a hero!

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Always a reason isn’t there. Why we are basically the ONLY club in the top 3 divisions who nobody wants to buy/take over. There are two main reasons actually and they are both in their 80s now. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

We all know that financially the current owners can only do so much, and I suspect most of us will accept that, failing a billionaire strolling in (which let's face it is never gonna happen) then it is what it is. 

I think what is upsetting people is the perceived arrogance and disconnect with the fans, the lack of communication and the total PR disaster that is Webber.

I suspect the owners hope is, we start next season well, and that after a few wins we'll all stop complaining and be happy.

Was Webber even there today. Not in his usual seat again. 

Pointless thread. Loads of fans are constantly going on about this and we all know perfectly well she’s not going to sell. Some of the posts I’ve seen on this subject are ridiculous. From what I’ve read it seems like loads of fans would be happy if she sold us to the likes of the Glazers/Mike Ashley

I’m happy for Webber to stay as well and I don’t think he can be criticised for his recruitment this season. He’s done great for us in the Championship and I think the reason his recruitment this season was poor was simply because he had a very tight budget and couldn’t sign the players he needed - we all know that there is quite a difference in price between an experienced PL player and experienced Championship player, the difference between the Championship and League One isn’t as much

• Haha 1

Delia's time will soon be at an end and thank goodness if it means we can avoid this tried old debate. 

I hope one day that someone will express an interest in buying the club and moving us forward. 

But the fact no one has done so since 2008 probably suggests there is no one out there with enough funds or interest to transform a provincial football club in need of a new stand.

2 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Who's with me?

All the best.

Big Keith Scott 

I've been with you since 1996.

She was always going to destroy the club and so it turned out to be.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

it was under Delias's ownership we did go down to Lg1 ,

yes she has had success but also has failed very badly sometimes 

Exactly this

Since Delia bought out GW, we spent maybe 15 years under her ownership trying to keep our heads just above water and ultimately relegated to our worst league position for nearly 60 years.  Even since then we've been one James Maddison away from being screwed.

A couple of years of no parachute payments will really show up the limitations of having someone like her at the helm.  

She's not this wonderful being that a declining number of people would have you believe.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Segura said:

Delia's time will soon be at an end and thank goodness if it means we can avoid this tried old debate. 

I hope one day that someone will express an interest in buying the club and moving us forward. 

But the fact no one has done so since 2008 probably suggests there is no one out there with enough funds or interest to transform a provincial football club in need of a new stand.

It's not a fact... its a fact that we haven't been told of any potential investors. Its a fact that our current owners made comments about not wanting camels walking up CR. It's also a fact that many many other clubs of all sizes and geography have been able to find investment since 2008.

I'd say it's actually very far from a fact that there have been no approaches since 2008  

It's just not as binary as 'Delia In' or 'Delia Out'.

I think the club is stagnating a bit and fresh ideas and/or investment are greatly needed, but it will take a significant groundswell of active and intelligent opposition from the fanbase to speed up that process.

Not sure what kind of protest there was after the game... I saw a group of people on top of the wall opposite the directors' entrance holding a banner, but I didn't hang around to see what happened.

On the way to the ground, I followed a group of maybe eight to ten people wearing Delia/Webber masks with 'OUT' emblazoned across their foreheads in red letters, not sure if anyone else saw them? They shambled their way down King Street joking to each other about doing coke in the toilets, and shouting stuff like 'we f**king hate Delia she's a wh*re' or words to that effect. I wanted to interject but frankly didn't have the guts to confront them, and neither did anyone else.

The problem is that a lot of the vocal anti-Delia contingent are coming across as ignorant idiots, thinking that shouting 'sack the board' is actually going to effect change. They're actually part of the problem; there are a lot of reasonable and moderate people who would welcome a discussion on the future of the club, and who probably feel that Smith and Jones have taken the club as far as they can, who don't want to get behind people who behave like that.

On the other hand you have people like Gary Gowers, who has eloquently expressed his thoughts and feelings on the current ownership... and while I don't agree with all of what he says, people like him are a much more powerful tool for change than the booze-and-coke-fuelled 'fans' displaying vulgar aggression and no considered plan for what happens next.

Before anyone jumps in with any of the divisive 'happy clapper' bullsh*t, I left on the final whistle like the majority of other fans who had no interest in sharing any more time with this group of players after the season we've had. When Michael Bailey tweets this, you know the door is open for some serious soul-searching about the future direction of this club:

"That lap of appreciation was probably the most sorry thing I have ever witnessed inside this stadium since I first came here aged 8."

Probably about time for us to all remember that we all support the same club, and we all want to see it move forward positively after what has been an unarguably dreadful season. I just hope that come August we can build a bit of positive momentum on the pitch to galvanise our fanbase again. If that doesn't happen, things could get pretty unpleasant in a hurry.

Take care of yourselves, and enjoy the summer. OTBC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Pointless thread. Loads of fans are constantly going on about this and we all know perfectly well she’s not going to sell. Some of the posts I’ve seen on this subject are ridiculous. From what I’ve read it seems like loads of fans would be happy if she sold us to the likes of the Glazers/Mike Ashley

I’m happy for Webber to stay as well and I don’t think he can be criticised for his recruitment this season. He’s done great for us in the Championship and I think the reason his recruitment this season was poor was simply because he had a very tight budget and couldn’t sign the players he needed - we all know that there is quite a difference in price between an experienced PL player and experienced Championship player, the difference between the Championship and League One isn’t as much

If you can’t criticise Webber for the recruitment this season then you can never criticise him for anything. It’s been laughably bad. He appears not to be able to see the blindingly obvious in terms of what the team really needs.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

It's not a fact... its a fact that we haven't been told of any potential investors. Its a fact that our current owners made comments about not wanting camels walking up CR. It's also a fact that many many other clubs of all sizes and geography have been able to find investment since 2008.

I'd say it's actually very far from a fact that there have been no approaches since 2008  

Oh I dont doubt there has been interest but why has no interested party not gone public since 2008?

Any serious investor would surely have done so.