Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And so Burnley are coming down with us

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Was gutted it wasn't Leeds. Can't believe they got away with it. 

Absolutely delighted Leeds stayed up, we all should 

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Because they read this board don’t they? Stop being a **** for once and making stupid threads 

Ooooh, spicy. I said it's important AS WE WILL BE PLAYING THEM. Calm down, not good for your health getting angry about threads. Bit odd for someone who claims to not care as well, strange that. If you didnt care why are you here? Could be anywhere else. Doing anything else. Or you could block me, problem solved. easy peasy, takes 5 seconds. Go on, might be good fo your health. 

Am glad it’s Burnley. Think Everton or Leeds would provide too much competition in the Championship 

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the back room staff who will lose their jobs, but if the stories are true regarding Burnleys financial situation, they are in a whole load of brown stuff 

The best result for us in what will be an incredibly weak league next year. 

The only trouble of course is it means we're more likely to go up again next year...

I think Burnley are the best result for us, I just hope Webber or Smith have a clear plan ready for next season

Why be nasty about the other clubs? Be nasty about our own! We are an utter embarrassment. Nicking parachute payments and tolerating a regime that says that the previous regime pissed it up against the wall.

Everton would have been the best result, but one suspects their owners would have just ignored any pretence of ffp and lost £100m+ to get promoted again. Leeds would offer the most competition as they are already set up to be a good champs team and are depressingly relatively well run financially. Burnley are going to have a helluva time adjusting, especially if the stories about loans are true and out if the owners they probably deserve it the most for the way that they bought the club by using the cash reserves the club already had....

27 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think Burnley are the best result for us, I just hope Webber or Smith have a clear plan ready for next season

They've already had 3+ weeks to think about it.

Looking back at the points tally for 17th position, we were already down by mid-February.

34 minutes ago, Bovril said:

The best result for us in what will be an incredibly weak league next year. 

The only trouble of course is it means we're more likely to go up again next year...

Why’s that trouble? Seriously this season has been utter sh!t but I don’t understand why people would rather go back to being a mid table mediocre Championship side.

34 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Why be nasty about the other clubs? Be nasty about our own! We are an utter embarrassment. Nicking parachute payments and tolerating a regime that says that the previous regime pissed it up against the wall.

Why be nasty about our own club?  That sounds stupid, it is not my choice whether or not I tolerate the regime, I really have time for those who say ‘Delia out’ if they have hundreds of millions themselves which they fully commit to waste on my football club, and by the way if they spend it on my club they need to be really clear they will never ask for it back

Probably the best outcome for us. Burnley reportedly have to pay back a sizable loan now and don't have huge pulling power.

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Why’s that trouble? Seriously this season has been utter sh!t but I don’t understand why people would rather go back to being a mid table mediocre Championship side.

Not go back to being mid-table Champ, still win the league but then what genuinely is the reason for accepting the promotion under the current regime?

I'm not anti-Delia (far from it) but we simply can't compete in the billionaire league, we've proven that time and time again under the current model. Something major would have to change. This isn't a doom and gloom or anti-club post but rather a realism one.

• Like 1

Burnley have been stealing a living in the top flight for years, at least we have the decency not to stink the place out more than 1 year at a time. Glad they're down. 

Got what they deserved for bumping off Dyche rather than addressing the real problem, no different to us and Watford really

14 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Why be nasty about our own club?  That sounds stupid, it is not my choice whether or not I tolerate the regime, I really have time for those who say ‘Delia out’ if they have hundreds of millions themselves which they fully commit to waste on my football club, and by the way if they spend it on my club they need to be really clear they will never ask for it back

To be fair, there pretty well-connected financially - they've only been going for a few years and have already raised enough to buy a banner!

We took 4 pts of burnley this season and 0 off Leeds.

Burnley will be in financial trouble next season, and Mee and Tarkowski are out if contract

It would have been funny for a couple of days had Leeds gone down but in the long run its better for us that its Burnley

Quite happy with Watford and Burnley coming down with us

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Who, out of us 3 will end up being the 'stoke' of next year and really struggle? 

Burnley if most of their team leave and they end up in the debt hole they seem destined for. Sure, we might have a lot of players leaving us too but at least our fanances will be sound unlike them

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Burnley if most of their team leave and they end up in the debt hole they seem destined for. Sure, we might have a lot of players leaving us too but at least our fanances will be sound unlike them

No more reactions so 👍 

This was my thinking too.