Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Thank God that’s over….

Well, that was pretty dreadful - all across the park we weren’t good enough often enough.  The main issue being that the signings we made were poor, and nowhere near good enough to improve the squad we had - that failure has to lie at Webber’s door, fair and square.

Dean Smith deserves a chance to rebuild and get them going again - he had little chance with the players at his disposal, particularly taking covid and injuries into account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My sentiments exactly. 

Now we need to work out who wants to be here. I don't care what league we are in but I want to see players who care about my great club, which has been dragged through the dirt. 

What is over? Same owners. Appalling record with a club that has an amazing history of being in the premier league so may times. The city and county has a right to tell them to **** off. They have an appalling self righteous attitude to the media, which at least tries to represent the fans- who funded the only positive thing that has come out of their tenure- these owners have a feudal attitude towards season ticket holders and supporters. They are the absolute antithesis of a family club.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ramrod said:

My sentiments exactly. 

Now we need to work out who wants to be here. I don't care what league we are in but I want to see players who care about my great club, which has been dragged through the dirt. 

The thing is that we’ve not even looked competitive in far too many games.  I can’t recall a season where we’ve been as toothless up front and porous at the back - almost as though sides have one or two players more than us.

Losing 4 and 5 nil at home should happen rarely, rather than regularly.  I don’t think there’s any player in the squad who can say they’ve had a particularly good season.

1 minute ago, NCFCInnit said:

What is over? Same owners. Appalling record with a club that has an amazing history of being in the premier league so may times. The city and county has a right to tell them to **** off. They have an appalling self righteous attitude to the media, which at least tries to represent the fans- who funded the only positive thing that has come out of their tenure- these owners have a feudal attitude towards season ticket holders and supporters. They are the absolute antithesis of a family club.

Quite correct, Smith and Jones have dined out on lending the club a few quid for over two decades. Some people never know when to leave a party. 

Nothing is over under the current ownership.

The fans deserve an inquest into this season and some accountability. It's been nothing short of a disgrace. 

The club from top to bottom is a shambles, and everyone, not just the players, have downed tools since that defeat to Brentford. And what's worse, there's a culture of acceptance!!!!! 

Appalling. 

• Like 1

The idea wasn’t for this thread to be anti Smith and Jones - imo it’s the footballing side that’s been most inept.  The simple fact is that player recruitment was pathetic: we could have easily spent twice as much on players and still ended up where we are, or half as much and done much better - the players we bought were simply not good enough.  

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The idea wasn’t for this thread to be anti Smith and Jones - imo it’s the footballing side that’s been most inept.  The simple fact is that player recruitment was pathetic: we could have easily spent twice as much on players and still ended up where we are, or half as much and done much better - the players we bought were simply not good enough.  

Exactly, what we forked out could have made us competitive. That it didn't isn't because of Delia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Exactly, what we forked out could have made us competitive. That it didn't isn't because of Delia.

That’s utterly ridiculous - it’s Webber (and perhaps Farke).  Delia has no input into purchases and as far as we know never has.  You can’t blame the owners for bad transfers if we are getting the players that the guy wants. 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s utterly ridiculous - it’s Webber (and perhaps Farke).  Delia has no input into purchases and as far as we know never has.  You can’t blame the owners for bad transfers if we are getting the players that the guy wants. 

Dan was agreeing with you - you may have misread.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Take a deep breath and re-read.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Dan was agreeing with you - you may have misread.

Oh yes - sorry to Dan, completely misread….”didn’t isn’t” threw me!

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You can blame them though, for lingering about for far too long like a bad fart. 

51 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, that was pretty dreadful - all across the park we weren’t good enough often enough.  The main issue being that the signings we made were poor, and nowhere near good enough to improve the squad we had - that failure has to lie at Webber’s door, fair and square.

Dean Smith deserves a chance to rebuild and get them going again - he had little chance with the players at his disposal, particularly taking covid and injuries into account.

I left on 70 mins 

As well as the usual lack of competitive play giving the ball away and general incompetence, I noticed that players off the ball didn’t want the ball. There is a lot of rebuilding to do. Wanting the ball to play with is a decent start . 

Stop Press. I’ve just checked the goal times and I saw Son score the fifth. So I left on 75 mins . I’m a better suppprter than I thought 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I left on 70 mins 

As well as the usual lack of competitive play giving the ball away and general incompetence, I noticed that players off the ball didn’t want the ball. There is a lot of rebuilding to do. Wanting the ball to play with is a decent start . 

Scary thing is that it’s only 10 weeks until the start of the season….not a lot of time to rebuild confidence and a winning mentality on the playing side, nor to get the fans back onside.

I don’t think anyone inside or outside the club can be remotely happy with how things have gone, but the indisputable fact is that the season starts at the end of July and we have to be ready for it.  

Sadly I doubt it actually is over. Unless you're referring to the recent run of success. Mid table Championship mediocrity beckons unless something radically changes.

I've seen zero from Dean Smith to suggest that he has a coherent plan for getting these players to perform. The Championship is not easy, even if Farke made it look that way.

• Like 1

I watched from Portugal and now celebrating going back to the Championship.  Man City win title but you expect that when you have billions to play with. There is no point being in the EPL unless you can compete .

Why oh why would you leave this in the hands of Smith and Shakespeare 2 of the most inept coaches we've had the displeasure of seeing here?

I really hope the boards first job tomorrow will be to thank them and send them on their way.

15 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Why oh why would you leave this in the hands of Smith and Shakespeare 2 of the most inept coaches we've had the displeasure of seeing here?

I really hope the boards first job tomorrow will be to thank them and send them on their way.

I'd rather the board went before them..