Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Official* lappinitup last match of the season match thread

Think these two goals sum us up so well and why we are down. Firstly, we go and have our defenders run half way up the pitch against a team that like to play long balls and counter football leading to an open goal and then we go and have Krul passing it to the oppisiton letting in a free goal. It's just sad, such basic mistakes and awful errors that you would expect to see leauge two sides making not top flight sides.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Smith will put Rowe, Springett and Gibbs on at half time who each score two. 6-3 to Norwich final score, you heard it here first.

• Haha 2

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Sam Byram is not a centre back!

Smith agrees with you!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think these two goals sum us up so well and why we are down. Firstly, we go and have our defenders run half way up the pitch against a team that like to play long balls and counter football leading to an open goal and then we go and have Krul passing it to the oppisiton letting in a free goal. It's just sad, such basic mistakes and awful errors that you would expect to see leauge two sides making not top flight sides.

Distinct lack of leadership on and off the pitch now. If Pukki is off as suggested, has even Hanley got the authority left to continue as a senior player and leader?

Looking at that goal, yes Krul should have put his boot through it but Norman should be giving him an angle. Sums up are midfield this season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

That's a bad mistake leading to a goal in four of Krul's last five matches. He hasn't quite been his old self all season, and at 34 years old in this form, it may be time to let him go.

Been linked with PSV today

Looking clear Byram isn't a centre back, and if Smith doesn't fancy Gibson, do we need another CB. Would love top bring someone in to tighten up the back four

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Been linked with PSV today

Groundsman?

• Haha 1

Why would we sell Pukki, he is under contract next season only striker at City.  Turks will need to offer £20m+ unlikely.

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

I bet you dont

Actually I don’t have any opinion either way. Happy to go with whatever Smith decides, he knows more about it than I ever will and sees the players close up daily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And Smith want to keep most of this squad- its a real CARRY ON-

BOOs all around the ground -hope the happy clappers will give the team a rousing send off at full time 

Why is anyone even bothering following our game? Did anyone expect anything different?

I sincerely hope the ground is empty by the time of the lap of "honour"

13 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Man City 1-0 down.

OTBC

Who’s winning this league and who’s joining us to the Championship, exciting 2nd half to come. 

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

I honestly believe we will be looking for a new manager by the 12th game of next season. Smith just doesn’t fit here

Every time you see him on the sideline, he either looks angry or disinterested. Never seems to offering constructive instructions or encouragement. Big mistake.

• Like 1

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Why is anyone even bothering following our game? Did anyone expect anything different?

I suspect it'll be empty by the 60th minute. I'm deliberating staying or ****ing off to the pub to watch Liverpool or City's 2nd halves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I hope some are joining the duvet lads. 

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I honestly believe we will be looking for a new manager by the 12th game of next season. Smith just doesn’t fit here

This, I totally agree. He doesn't belong here, needs to **** off and take his mug with him.... 

• Like 1

I'm completely baffled. I could perhaps understand playing Normann if he'd been playing well but he has been one of the worst. What on earth is the point of playing him? 

• Like 1