Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Official* lappinitup last match of the season match thread

If Smith leaves tomorrow I wouldn't give a ****. I've never felt this detached from a manager and team. Utterly gutless and shocking.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Smith leaves tomorrow I wouldn't give a ****. I've never felt this detached from a manager and team. Utterly gutless and shocking.

Same. I was happy with Smith (I would never have sacked Farke) simply because it wasn't Lampard, but I never wanted Smith. I wouldn't be bothered if he left but similarly with Webber, I'm also careful what I wish for. If he leaves, we have to get someone better; which is not certain.

Smith does now seem like a knee jerk reaction, but he needs time to clear out and rebuild Webber's mess. Still staggered that when Farke left there was no succession plan, that is surely a key part of a DoF's role.....But I think the whole culture is just too cosy and not performance driven. The lack of money doesn't help but we just seem to prepare for,  and accept, failure.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sadly I agree.

and same could be said about the squad. Other than Pukki and Hanley (who ironically will leave) I couldn’t care less if any of the players went as well.

we are in an absolute mess and it’s just embarrassing 

Sadly have to agree, I was actually pleased with the appointment of smith and thought he'd be able to give us something... If they announced he'd walked now, would I be bothered? Probably not no. 

Go get Paul Warne

Just now, overthebordercanary said:

Delias pet Simon lapin is spewing his happy clapper board crap on radio Norfolk

Cringe every time Rob Butler mentions how much of a "legend" Lappin was at the club and how he "always wanted to win", he was in some absolutely dreadful sides. Couldn't think of a more bang average player.

I don't get the not Smith's fault. Did he say during his interview that he couldn't turn it around. Did he say that it was a hopeless cause?

Anyone know what evening the open top bus relegation parade through the city is booked so crowds can gather en route to cheer Delia on the top deck at the front waving her yellow and green scarf, with Webber and the team officials behind her followed by all the players

Smith has had 27 games, not including cup ties. Is there any sign at all of his vision of how this team might play?

He's not useless - he could probably keep Bristol City in the Championship, for example - but if anyone imagines he is going to take us up as Champions, they are living in la-la-land. Compare the guys at Huddersfield and Forest and what they have done. Smith wouldn't be remotely capable of that.

He is mediocre at best. If we're happy with that, fine. I suspect the powers that be at Norwich are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Oh No "  you mention the term  "happy clapper"- some on here really get upset when it being used , 

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This 

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't get the not Smith's fault. Did he say during his interview that he couldn't turn it around. Did he say that it was a hopeless cause?

No improvement, no style, no direction and nothing positive that shows he has a long term vision.

13 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

King of Spain really is insufferable on there isn't he... 

Now saying the recruitment is never Webber's fault... Well then who's is it Simon hey? Is it the fans fault!!?? Jesus f@#king wept

26 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

You can picture a fair few on here holding the microphone and nodding. 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Nothing is Webber's fault. Its naughty posters on here.

Its

all

our

fault

dont forget to text if you hear anybody say a swear

• Like 1

Just keeps saying over and over and over how we went up under lambert and stayed up etc under ThEsE oWnErS .... Oh belt up will you.. we've also been relegated to league 1 UNDER THESE F#CKING OWNERS MATE

Two forwards get injured and Webber starts his mountain training because we have zero money... changing manager is pointless if the same peoplenare still running the club.

Did everyone give the players rousing cheers on their ‘victory’ lap with spontaneous renditions of ‘ For Delia’s a jolly good fellow’?

We need Webber out, followed by Dean Smith out. None of this will happen because that's not what Norwich do. Next season Webber will still be earning silly money for deigning to turn up and do a bit of work occasionally. And Smith will still be spouting platitudes and playing his fifteenth formation without any idea what to do with the players he has.

I didn't bother today. Long journey and like everyone else I knew we'd be soundly thrashed. I, too, don't blame Dean Smith entirely. I don't think he's done very well (obviously), but I 100% blame the players. I don't think they believed from the first kick against Liverpool and have pretty much just turned up every week to collect their inflated salaries knowing that they're not good enough. Not one has consistently performed to an acceptable standard. Even our POTS followed 8 out of 10 games with a 4 or a 5 for several weeks. Hanley had a few 8s. No one else ever got better than 6, and several were seldom above 4.

Imagine that in your own day job - consistently performing at 4 out of 10. What would happen to you?

It's hard to entirely blame owners, shareholders or even the coaching staff when the players themselves are so obviously not good enough to compete in this company.

I don't know who decided to recruit these players. I don't think anyone on here does know, to be fair, but clearly Webber is getting the blame. Even so, I'm not sure how, even if we were to rewind 12 months, we do it any better.

Edited by sgncfc

1 hour ago, corbs said:

We’re stuck with the Shakey 2, I’ll go with the Norwich way, give managers time, but afraid I’m thinking when has a coach done so badly, clearly not improved on the last incumbent, and kept his job?

Farke’s first season perhaps?

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I get that people are upset, although we knew we were relegated weeks ago and Spurs are a top four side, so what did you expect?

But you’ve never felt more detached from a manager? Even Grant and Roeder? Or are you seventeen (or younger)?