Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Official* lappinitup last match of the season match thread

Never thought I'd be glad to have missed a season of attending carrow road... Jheez... Hopefully things will have turned back around by next season when I can return!! 

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Sorry if that upset your enjoyment of the game you witnessing 

Thanks for proving my point. 😘

Disgrace today .. serious questions over 90% of players … and manager and board.. even Watford can score at Chelsea we have offered nothing .. nothing .. worse season ever in 40 years .. pathetic.. wanted to give manager a chance but not even sure about smith now .. 

Edited by Wirecanary
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Gerrard must have the hard on of his life at the minute. 

I hate to bring this “up” again, but he might be in need of a little blue pill now

6 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

WAit until full time and city players do there lap of appreciation -you will hear the happy clappers  very clearly

I’m not there, as the West Ham game was enough for me. But if I was I’d be giving Zimmerman a good hand.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Thank God that torture is over. Wholesale clearout needed.

Including our board and owners... disgrace

• Like 3

Well, thank f**k that's over. Let's file that season in the folder labelled "bin", let's hope some of our youngsters start doing an Omobamidele in pre-season and streak their way into first team contention, let's hope Omo and Idah come back fully fit and healed, and let's hope this hasn't too badly scarred the lads.

I really thought we could have pulled off a win today, but sadly this was not to be.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, beanbag said:

I really thought we could have pulled off a win today, but sadly this was not to be.

Can I ask what you’d seen in the past 37 games that gave you ANY evidence that we’d get a result today?!

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Can I ask what you’d seen in the past 37 games that gave you ANY evidence that we’d get a result today?!

My guess is pink elephants and talking mushrooms. 

I still don't blame Smith. He didn't create this sh*t team of sh*t players

He inherited cr*p, and hasn't been able to improve it. I really hope there is a complete overhaul.

And it should start with the board, and end with a complete refresh of this squad!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I hate to bring this “up” again, but he might be in need of a little blue pill now

He might need a good dry cleaner. 

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

He inherited cr*p, and hasn't been able to improve it. I really hope there is a complete overhaul.

And it should start with the board, and end with a complete refresh of this squad!

Smith was thrown onto the sinking titanic with a mop and was told to save it. Of course, this won't please the smith out crowd that demand we change managers once every two months but hey ho, even Pep could not save us

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Samwam27 said:

I don't blame Smith, equally I have seen nothing from him that gives me any confidence that he will do much next season, even if we do give him money to spend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scot-e-dog said:

I don't blame Smith, equally I have seen nothing from him that gives me any confidence that he will do much next season, even if we do give him money to spend.

No nor do I Scot. I just hope he can shape a squad he wants, and WEbber/Board back him.

And then I'll judge him around Christmas

Just now, Samwam27 said:

No nor do I Scot. I just hope he can shape a squad he wants, and WEbber/Board back him.

And then I'll judge him around Christmas

Seems fair

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smith was thrown onto the sinking titanic with a mop and was told to save it. Of course, this won't please the smith out crowd that demand we change managers once every two months but hey ho, even Pep could not save us

FFS Cambridge give it a rest, we've had 2 managers in 5 years hardly ****ing Watford. 

Smith is a diabolical manager, I'd rather Delia Smith as manager 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, beanbag said:

Beany this a either a wind up  or you are smoking something . I never dreamed of getting anything today . Neither did any of the few thousand sat with me. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bye Webber, **** off up ya mountain

Exactly  💯 

48 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s impressive quite how accurately some posters on here are able to see into the future. 

Yet no-one has yet used these powers to win Euromillions and buy the club.

I'll have you know I won £3.20 a few weeks back 👍

• Haha 1

I don't blame Smith, Dean. But we are so far off it is embarrassing. We look like a non league team, there is a chasm to bridge. It is possible to have inferior players but still make a fist of it.....

We’re stuck with the Shakey 2, I’ll go with the Norwich way, give managers time, but afraid I’m thinking when has a coach done so badly, clearly not improved on the last incumbent, and kept his job?

Time for Smith to apologise for the shower of crap and give the supporters some hope for next season .. I await his post match comments .. 

12 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I have to agree. Also, just as he figured out a system that seemed to work, Ida and Josh get injured.

I think Josh will be amazing next season.

• Haha 1