Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Official* lappinitup last match of the season match thread

FTMjNkWXsAEMMax?format=jpg&name=small

KICKOFF: 4PM

VENUE: Carrow Road

LAST TIME WE MET: 5th December 2021, Tottenham Hotspur 3 Norwich City 0

So here we are at last, the very last match of the season and quite frankly I feel I speak for many when I say I do feel somewhat glad it's almost over. Now let's just hope that we go out with a bang rather than a whimper.

TEAM NEWS:

Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte says striker Harry Kane should be fit to face Norwich despite feeling unwell.

Kane is thought to be suffering from the same virus which affected a number of staff and players last week.

Norwich City midfielder Mathias Normann has recovered from a knock sustained during last weekend's draw with Wolves.

Billy Gilmour has returned to parent club Chelsea for treatment after rolling his ankle, while defender Ben Gibson is struggling with a back issue.

MATCH FACTS:

Tottenham have lost just one of their past 10 league visits to Carrow Road (W6, D3).

The Canaries have shipped at least two goals in each of their past five clashes with Spurs, drawing once and losing four times.

Norwich City have one win from their past 16 matches in all competitions, losing 12 and drawing three.

The Canaries have two final-day victories from nine previous Premier League campaigns (D3, L4).

Norwich could set an unwanted club record of 13 home league defeats in a season.

Spurs have faced a relegated side on the final day of the Premier League five times, losing three and winning two of those matches, including a 5-1 defeat to Newcastle in 2015-16.

The last six league fixtures involving Tottenham on the final day have produced an average of 5.8 goals a game.

MY LAST THOUGHTS:

Just glad it's all almost over to be honest much as I am partly looking forward to it you can't help but feel much hope. Oh well, onwards and upwards- Least we won't have any VAR next season!😉

*Match only official due to the fantastic match thread maker chicken being away today, and he has personally requested that I take up the mantle today and make a match thread. Sadly I doubt I or anyone for that matter will be able to replicate the great match threads he makes but I have decided to try my best. Get better soon Chicken!

TEAMS:

FTXBqpSWYAAcySZ?format=jpg&name=small

FTXfElFX0AAwykx?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Thanks 5

Going to enjoy some pre match drinks toasting a f*ck you to the Premier league and everything it stands for.

Only to unironically be desperate for us to win the league next season.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

F*ck off back to Chelsea
(Although have just read that Wee Billy Krankie has already done this)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your not fit, Your not fit, YOUR NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT

....Got my team songs ready for the day.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Happy tears more like. 

Joy is an emotion. 😀

• Like 1

I'm going to break with tradition and wear my 'FCK VAR' tee-shirt rather than a Norwich match today.

Can't wait for it all to be over... at least the sun is shining.

Careful what you wish for. Next season won't be easy but the expectation will be. Off to the pub soon to get well oiled and hopefully ruin Spurs next season.

As if...

We are stitched up today. Deano can't experiment or Arsenal will moan. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the usual suspects toiling away.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

We are stitched up today. Deano can't experiment or Arsenal will moan. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the usual suspects toiling away.

"Arsenal will moan" as if they need an excuse

• Haha 1

Exclusive . 

Teemu arrives at ground and has not driven . All of the other players cars are parked as usual . This is most unusual and the cone used to reserve his place was in situ this morning . 

So what does this tell us? He fancies a beer after the game ? Worse ? He is off ? 

My nerves are getting the better of me 

• Haha 1

I just want the final whistle to blow and put an end this most disappointing season.....I'll then bid my fellow fan-folk around me a good summer break. I'm also in two minds whether to hit the pub or go straight home after today's non-event?....

I really can't be @rsed to protest or even stay back if the squad intend to do a lap of apathy afterwards....

Prudence with Attrition....

17 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Exclusive . 

Teemu arrives at ground and has not driven . All of the other players cars are parked as usual . This is most unusual and the cone used to reserve his place was in situ this morning . 

So what does this tell us? He fancies a beer after the game ? Worse ? He is off ? 

I'm going Occam's Razor and saying he fancied a walk

Thanks to chicken for his excellent match threads all season..Ive not paid for the additional pink un +  as a matter of principle so appreciate the effort he has put in . 

Only one outcome today and that is a comfortable home win !!

• Like 1

Didn't get to bed until 4am last night (or, this morning, I suppose). Really can't be bothered with it today. But I'll turn up, nevertheless.

There, did I pass the NCFC first team interview?

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Exclusive . 

Or he can’t afford the petrol

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm going Occam's Razor and saying he fancied a walk

I'm guessing you're not married. If you're using Occam's Razor the first thing you should think of is Mrs Pukki😂

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm going to break with tradition and wear my 'FCK VAR' tee-shirt rather than a Norwich match today.

Can't wait for it all to be over... at least the sun is shining.

So it's all your fault then..... 

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Krul getting his goodbye game.

Gilmour not getting a **** off one...... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Gilmour not getting a **** off one...... 

We might win then! 

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Krul getting his goodbye game.

Rupp will most likely get brought on too to bid farewell. Does feel a bit like the end of an era (and not the beginning of a new one) at the moment. Pretty grim season really, and won't be sorry to leave it in the rear-view mirror.

Sidenote: I might be older than the the whole bench put together! Good to see. (searching for positives)

• Like 1

Got to the ground early to see if Dean Smith is drinking from a mug again.

if he is I might leave before kickoff

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Rupp will most likely get brought on too to bid farewell. Does feel a bit like the end of an era (and not the beginning of a new one) at the moment. Pretty grim season really, and won't be sorry to leave it in the rear-view mirror.

Sidenote: I might be older than the the whole bench put together! Good to see. (searching for positives)

Regardless of the result today hope those that attend can give them a good send off