Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Picture of Todays Protest

Oh please! This is what makes me wish we had never seen premiership football at all!!!!

i wish u hadnt too mate [;)]

Can''t take someone seriously when they only post when we win? I am afraid Dickie does not do that as I can witness for as many others who have frequented this site for yeas now. I think this must be at least my fourth year posting and reading this site/board. And again for a successful argument please don''t provide me with ammunition - why should we take many of the Worthy outers seriously (myself included like Trent under that banner) if most of them have only used their voices when we have lost.

- i havent seen u here much this season Chicken, but if u have been viewing the Baord Regularly this season u will know that "Dicky" has been coming on here, gloating, insulting and being genreally big headed to everyone who doesnt share his point of view, when questioned, he doesnt answer the questions but tries to defelct them or change the subject... after the 5 game unbeaten run he was full of himself... only to quickly disapear when it all went boobs up in January.. same with Brighton and Derby.. theres Dicky having a go at us all, saying how wrong we are, criticising us.... only to oddly vanish after last weeks Capitulation.... Before the win at Crewe Earlier when it looked Like worthy was on his way out Dicky Disapeared too... funny that isnt it????

I ask where they all were after Sheffield and many of the wins earlier in the season when it was less clear what the outcome would be. The strange thing is we are more or less in the same position now as we were then - we may be one or two places different but we are again 6pts off the play-offs.

• 6 points off the playoffs indeed... behind a team with THREE games in hand... doesnt look so tasty now eh? ive been Worthy out since August.. and the sheffield Wednesday home game was the first protest of the season.... its been the same since... we havent protested every game i''ll admit, but then doing it after a big win is hardly going to ram the point home is it?

To be fair to dicky if you look at a lot of those photos - they do seem to reflect a large number of younger people, I don''t like to use the term children because people tend to attach some ageism to it and suggest that they are not old enough to form their own opinion which is wrong.

--Agreed, i have looked at them again since....

As for Worthington at Blackpool - man almighty do you really want to dig that up? I think Worthington proved that that was history by the success he has given this club. I admit at the time I was slightly surprised to see him appointed as manager but then if you remember Hamilton brought him in as his assistant and he earned his position with the backing of the supporters after he totally turned things around as caretaker manager.

-- And didnt everyone Hamilton Bring to the club turn out to be a success!!! fact of the matter is anyone could probably have turned that Hammy Season round.. hammy had lost the dressing room, and so of course once he''s gone the players are going to start playing again... its not Rocket science really is it?

Now I don''t disagree that there is grounds for call for a change unless the disfunction of the squad is not fixed. But as trent and others have said - do you really need to do it in such an abbrasive mannor? Why are you trying to blow things out of proportion when this could in itself sink the whole campaign?

And as for others that complain that we are sinking into the depths of the championship - 10th and 6pts off the play-offs is not any sort of gloomy depth! Bottom half of the table and I would be more inclined to give it to you but not our current position - which is quite impressive when you consider the "atmosphere" or lack of it at carrow road at the moment.

See where we are come May.... it wont be in the playoffs thats for sure. and with our Strike force and so called Midfield shouldnt we be higher?

jas :)

I want Worthy out but this ridiculous debate over the exact number who attended the demonstration is childish and pointless from both sides of the argument. Lets just say that a large group of supporters are fed-up with the manager, they protested... leave them alone and let them get on with their democratic right. Those that don''t want the manager out, obviously didn''t attend. I believe that the hard-core of both points of view probably number around the same. The vast majority are the ones who don''t give a hoot either way.

chicken wrote "And as for others that complain that we are sinking into the depths of the championship - 10th and 6pts off the play-offs is not any sort of gloomy depth! Bottom half of the table and I would be more inclined to give it to you but not our current position - which is quite impressive when you consider the "atmosphere" or lack of it at carrow road at the moment."

look chicken the play-off where gone in february when to reach the usual points tally we would need to win 11 in 12 games. admittadly we have won 3 out of 4 since but now come the hard games and if we play anything like we have in most of these we are gonna get shat upon yet again....

And you are completely diregarding the fact that preston have 3 games in hand over us....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Oh please! This is what makes me wish we had never seen premiership football at all!!!!

i wish u hadnt too mate [;)]Can''t take someone seriously when they only post when we win? I am afraid Dickie does not do that as I can witness for as many others who have frequented this site for yeas now. I think this must be at least my fourth year posting and reading this site/board. And again for a successful argument please don''t provide me with ammunition - why should we take many of the Worthy outers seriously (myself included like Trent under that banner) if most of them have only used their voices when we have lost.

- i havent seen u here much this season Chicken, but if u have been viewing the Baord Regularly this season u will know that "Dicky" has been coming on here, gloating, insulting and being genreally big headed to everyone who doesnt share his point of view, when questioned, he doesnt answer the questions but tries to defelct them or change the subject... after the 5 game unbeaten run he was full of himself... only to quickly disapear when it all went boobs up in January.. same with Brighton and Derby.. theres Dicky having a go at us all, saying how wrong we are, criticising us.... only to oddly vanish after last weeks Capitulation.... Before the win at Crewe Earlier when it looked Like worthy was on his way out Dicky Disapeared too... funny that isnt it????I ask where they all were after Sheffield and many of the wins earlier in the season when it was less clear what the outcome would be. The strange thing is we are more or less in the same position now as we were then - we may be one or two places different but we are again 6pts off the play-offs.

• 6 points off the playoffs indeed... behind a team with THREE games in hand... doesnt look so tasty now eh? ive been Worthy out since August.. and the sheffield Wednesday home game was the first protest of the season.... its been the same since... we havent protested every game i''ll admit, but then doing it after a big win is hardly going to ram the point home is it?

To be fair to dicky if you look at a lot of those photos - they do seem to reflect a large number of younger people, I don''t like to use the term children because people tend to attach some ageism to it and suggest that they are not old enough to form their own opinion which is wrong.

--Agreed, i have looked at them again since....As for Worthington at Blackpool - man almighty do you really want to dig that up? I think Worthington proved that that was history by the success he has given this club. I admit at the time I was slightly surprised to see him appointed as manager but then if you remember Hamilton brought him in as his assistant and he earned his position with the backing of the supporters after he totally turned things around as caretaker manager.

-- And didnt everyone Hamilton Bring to the club turn out to be a success!!! fact of the matter is anyone could probably have turned that Hammy Season round.. hammy had lost the dressing room, and so of course once he''s gone the players are going to start playing again... its not Rocket science really is it?Now I don''t disagree that there is grounds for call for a change unless the disfunction of the squad is not fixed. But as trent and others have said - do you really need to do it in such an abbrasive mannor? Why are you trying to blow things out of proportion when this could in itself sink the whole campaign?And as for others that complain that we are sinking into the depths of the championship - 10th and 6pts off the play-offs is not any sort of gloomy depth! Bottom half of the table and I would be more inclined to give it to you but not our current position - which is quite impressive when you consider the "atmosphere" or lack of it at carrow road at the moment.

See where we are come May.... it wont be in the playoffs thats for sure. and with our Strike force and so called Midfield shouldnt we be higher?

[/quote]Should we be higher? Now that is the real question.

Team P W D L F A Pts GD
Reading 37 27 8 2 80 24 89 56
Sheffield United 37 22 9 6 64 37 75 27
Leeds United 36 20 9 7 51 29 69 22
Watford 37 19 11 7 67 43 68 24
Crystal Palace 36 17 9 10 53 36 60 17
Preston NE 34 13 16 5 45 25 55 20
Cardiff City 37 15 10 12 51 43 55 8
Wolves 36 13 15 8 40 30 54 10
Ipswich Town 36 13 11 12 42 48 50 -6
These are the teams above us. Now Reading and Sheff Utd easily have as good a teams as us plus they have the advantage of having a few seasons playing alongside eachother. Sheff Utd were infact ahead of us as favourites to go up the season we did I believe - and for good reasons too.Leeds I would again say have at least the same quality as us - but they seem to have a much deeper squad but have also spent a lot of money.Watford have an acceptional manager incharge in his first season. He looks to have done very well and got players with promise to prove that they have got what it takes.Crystal Palace - similar to us easily as good a squad as us and yet again they have had the benefit of at least two seasons together.I guess that there are only three teams I would say that we are on paper better than, Ipswich, Watford and Cardiff - otherwise its pretty even. And thats the thing about this league its much fairer and therefore much tougher than the premiership.Ofcourse this is my opinion and you may disagree.

Get a life?

I was actually there. And can safely say there was more than 250 which some halfwit KTF''er has decided to say.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i wish u hadnt too mate [;)]

Can''t take someone seriously when they only post when we win? I am afraid Dickie does not do that as I can witness for as many others who have frequented this site for yeas now. I think this must be at least my fourth year posting and reading this site/board. And again for a successful argument please don''t provide me with ammunition - why should we take many of the Worthy outers seriously (myself included like Trent under that banner) if most of them have only used their voices when we have lost.

- i havent seen u here much this season Chicken, but if u have been viewing the Baord Regularly this season u will know that "Dicky" has been coming on here, gloating, insulting and being genreally big headed to everyone who doesnt share his point of view, when questioned, he doesnt answer the questions but tries to defelct them or change the subject... after the 5 game unbeaten run he was full of himself... only to quickly disapear when it all went boobs up in January.. same with Brighton and Derby.. theres Dicky having a go at us all, saying how wrong we are, criticising us.... only to oddly vanish after last weeks Capitulation.... Before the win at Crewe Earlier when it looked Like worthy was on his way out Dicky Disapeared too... funny that isnt it????

I ask where they all were after Sheffield and many of the wins earlier in the season when it was less clear what the outcome would be. The strange thing is we are more or less in the same position now as we were then - we may be one or two places different but we are again 6pts off the play-offs.

--Agreed, i have looked at them again since....

As for Worthington at Blackpool - man almighty do you really want to dig that up? I think Worthington proved that that was history by the success he has given this club. I admit at the time I was slightly surprised to see him appointed as manager but then if you remember Hamilton brought him in as his assistant and he earned his position with the backing of the supporters after he totally turned things around as caretaker manager.

-- And didnt everyone Hamilton Bring to the club turn out to be a success!!! fact of the matter is anyone could probably have turned that Hammy Season round.. hammy had lost the dressing room, and so of course once he''s gone the players are going to start playing again... its not Rocket science really is it?

Now I don''t disagree that there is grounds for call for a change unless the disfunction of the squad is not fixed. But as trent and others have said - do you really need to do it in such an abbrasive mannor? Why are you trying to blow things out of proportion when this could in itself sink the whole campaign?

And as for others that complain that we are sinking into the depths of the championship - 10th and 6pts off the play-offs is not any sort of gloomy depth! Bottom half of the table and I would be more inclined to give it to you but not our current position - which is quite impressive when you consider the "atmosphere" or lack of it at carrow road at the moment.

[/quote]

Should we be higher? Now that is the real question.

TeamPWDLFAPtsGD
Reading 37278280248956
Sheffield United 37229664377527
Leeds United 36209751296922
Watford 371911767436824
Crystal Palace 361791053366017
Preston NE 341316545255520
Cardiff City 371510125143558
Wolves 361315840305410
Ipswich Town 36131112424850-6

These are the teams above us. Now Reading and Sheff Utd easily have as good a teams as us plus they have the advantage of having a few seasons playing alongside eachother. Sheff Utd were infact ahead of us as favourites to go up the season we did I believe - and for good reasons too.

Leeds I would again say have at least the same quality as us - but they seem to have a much deeper squad but have also spent a lot of money.

Watford have an acceptional manager incharge in his first season. He looks to have done very well and got players with promise to prove that they have got what it takes.

Crystal Palace - similar to us easily as good a squad as us and yet again they have had the benefit of at least two seasons together.

I guess that there are only three teams I would say that we are on paper better than, Ipswich, Watford and Cardiff - otherwise its pretty even. And thats the thing about this league its much fairer and therefore much tougher than the premiership.

Ofcourse this is my opinion and you may disagree.
[/quote]

we won promotion at a canter 2 years ago!!! We had Dean Ashton and Darren Huckerby!! proven championship attackers that have single handedly taken teams to above themselves in this division.  we could have kept malky, eddy and svenny would have stayed if we had TRIED to keep him (but he probably said he wanted top leave and Worthy probably said OK then instead of trying to get him to stay)

we should be doing as well as Crystal Palace, Watford, Leeds and Preston at least.  Preston, Leeds and watford have ZERO great players.  Palace have andy johnson, and a good team.

Chicken you are now suffering from the reduced expectations and happy with mediocrity syndrome...  WIth better signings in the summer, better organsiation and better tactics we should at least be challenging for the top 6 with our squad.  even now we have JJ2 and ernshaw!! and we are still underperforming