Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

What's been your favorite home kit in recent years?

2018-19 for me though its easy to like a kit where the team does well in it.

18/19 gets the mix just right. It's difficult to have a stock football shirt look in yellow + green.

In general, though this might be a little revisionist history, whenever a kit gets released and my first reaction is a grimace we dont seem to do well. The last 4 relegation kits have all been poor IMO, but one that bucks this trend is last years Championship winning effort which I didn't like when it came out

16 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

18/19 gets the mix just right. It's difficult to have a stock football shirt look in yellow + green.

In general, though this might be a little revisionist history, whenever a kit gets released and my first reaction is a grimace we dont seem to do well. The last 4 relegation kits have all been poor IMO, but one that bucks this trend is last years Championship winning effort which I didn't like when it came out

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Yep, 18/19 wins this one.

norwich-city-18-19-home-kit-2.jpg

And now only one of the three remain...😢

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

norwich-city-18-19-home-kit-2.jpg

And now only one of the three remain...😢

I mean technically Argos is still our player so.... 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hence why I said one of three😉

Oh yeah 😂😂😂 sorry about that 😂😂 don't know what i was thinking there. 

Maybe I momentarily slipped into the multiverse where we have a 25 year old Alex Tettey commanding our midfield..... 

Or I've now blocked out the season and so stuck thinking he's still here and Wee Billy is no where near Norfolk 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

18/19 which was ruined by the hideous sponsor. Imagine that kit with Lotus. How nice would that of looked?!

Being both a NCFC fan and petrolhead, I had promised myself a ‘Lotus shirt’ this season, but held off because the previous Lotus / Proton sponsored season was so appallingly bad. History thus repeated itself. I dont think I can bring myself so wear a shirt with so many ****-poor memories from this season.

2010/11

iconic bright yellow, epic derby victories and Simeon Jackson vs Derby blazed into them.

a classic

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I like the simplicity of 2011-12 and 2020-21, and 2014-15 was a good effort as well. 

2015-16 was hands down the worst.

I concur, 2013-14 and 2019-20 were awful as well (we were relegated both years)

But of all the recent kits 2018 -19 is the best. It's almost plain but has enough decoration to keep it interesting. 

Now if we can just work on the almost unnecessary away kit - revert to mainly white or green shirts please.

Edited by Surfer

2014-15 for me. Love the green chunk ‘v’ at the top. The black and maroon away kit that year was a beauty too 

A bit before this list ...but the 1986/87 hummel kit remains our best ever. Despite being 36 years old, would still look good today

Hummel have always made decent kits and still do. How is it that Cambridge United can have a better looking kit than we do??

s-l400.jpg

0_Taft-angle.jpg

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

That Hummel kit is definitely our best IMO - would love to see a retro-style version for next season.

Edited by Branston Pickle

What about the all yellow Colman's kit ... vivid images of Eadie running around in one that looked 3 sizes too big for him - baggy used to be fashionable!