Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Lampard - Everton Hero - Statue Ordered?

Honestly, Everton celebrating avoiding relegation like they've just lifted the Premier League title is a bit OTT. Lampard talking about it being "one of his career highlights". Everton should never be anywhere near the bottom 3... they almost got relegated. Surely fans should be demanding an enquiry as to how that situation happened in the first place? Lampard ALMOST took Everton down. I mean, with their resources... that's quite embarrising?

Imagine celebrating your club not being relegated after a miracle escape. Would never be me, I would sit there silently and quietly and not do or say anything if we avoided relegation thats for sure😉

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine celebrating your club not being relegated after a miracle escape. Would never be me, I would sit there silently and quietly and not do or say anything if we avoided relegation thats for sure😉

Imagine. One can only Imagine. I wonder if Webber got big Frank's autograph in Dubai . Crazy scenes  last night . But guess what they survived. 

45 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Honestly, Everton celebrating avoiding relegation like they've just lifted the Premier League title is a bit OTT. Lampard talking about it being "one of his career highlights". Everton should never be anywhere near the bottom 3... they almost got relegated. Surely fans should be demanding an enquiry as to how that situation happened in the first place? Lampard ALMOST took Everton down. I mean, with their resources... that's quite embarrising?

It’s an average achievement, nothing more, nothing less. When Benitez left, they had 1 win in 15 after a bright start to the season. Lampard started terribly but fair play to how he turned it around the last couple of months with those wins vs Man U and Chelsea for example.

It's a bit pathetic really, Lampard has scraped avoiding relegation and being hailed as a brilliant manager.

Kind of sums up how the press have always reacted to his managerial performance (and I'd even argue much of his playing career!)

20 minutes ago, rock bus said:

It's a bit pathetic really, Lampard has scraped avoiding relegation and being hailed as a brilliant manager.

Kind of sums up how the press have always reacted to his managerial performance (and I'd even argue much of his playing career!)

Appearances 609
Goals 177
Assists 102

Well Sunday regardless of the result we'll be on our backs with our legs and arms waving happily in the air waiting to have our tummies tickled.....We're going down with not so much as a whimper.....

Much to the relief of the club hierarchy..... 

• Like 1

After being two nil down and then winning to avoid the chance of the drop would have had me rejoicing and possibly on the pitch if allowed. Those fans follow their club just as much as we do. They get emotional and excited. I cannot see why there is derision.

Nice to see the true football fans in the city of Liverpool supporting their team. As opposed to the plastic tourists and their irritating sense of entitlement.

Everton fans were a bit OTT but that's how football gets you. Lampard has ultimately done the job and probably won't last long much into next season, if they get off to another bad start.

Just wish we had shown a bit more fight, on and off the pitch.

Lampards record at everton is exactly the same at chelsea and derby, left each in exactly the same league position as when he took them over.  There is no managerial miracle from the self made myth maker. 

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You wouldn't be there.😂 Or were you referring to your bedroom chair?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

You wouldn't be there.😂 Or were you referring to your bedroom chair?

Implying I can afford a chair, you seen the rising costs of living by any chance? 

6 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Well Sunday regardless of the result we'll be on our backs with our legs and arms waving happily in the air waiting to have our tummies tickled.....We're going down with not so much as a whimper.....

Much to the relief of the club hierarchy..... 

Rolling On The Floor Laughing GIF - Rolling On The Floor Laughing Emoji -  Discover & Share GIFs