Sign in to follow this  
baldy09

Cantwell

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

If I was a friend of his I'd be telling him if he wants to be a footballer, to forget all the other stuff, social media, image consciousness, contract issues, ambition, personality clashes, or whatever  - and do your talking on the pitch.  In other words focus.

I dunno, I thought he looked pretty hot in his Puma ad campaign. 👀🤪

Puma ambassador Cara Delevingne hits up an #arcade for her Basket Heart  shoe photo shoot | 8-Bit Central

• Haha 1

Surely Cantwell's 'Second Chance' was the loan at Bournemouth.

Seem's he is surplus to requirement at Bournemouth too - not seen as EPL standard for them.

Yes he can come back here and try a recover his career but he'll have a lot to prove!

The ideal scenario is he gets his head straight, plays well for us and wins the fans back over before signing a new deal. How likely that is nobody can say but it would be such a shame to see such a clearly talented player fall away like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh really? I'd missed that! Good news if true. I'm surprised that Huddersfield have already decided they don't want him, despite not yet knowing what division he'll be in next year. Must have decided he's not good enough for the Prem, and too expensive if they stay in the Championship.

I guess that it depends upon the option that was agreed. It could have been an option whereby all three parties had to agree - sellers, buyers and player?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I guess that it depends upon the option that was agreed. It could have been an option whereby all three parties had to agree - sellers, buyers and player?

To be honest that would be a pretty pointless option to put in there.

Pleased to see him back, does need to keep his head down and concentrate on his football, fans also need to give him a chance 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hucks6 said:

Don’t want to see him in Norwich shirt again simples

Why? Did he do something that was THAT bad?

Well this has not really gone to plan for anyone 

IF he has a problem with club or a person at the club i imagine he will return and be loaned out for rest of his contract 

IF he has had personal problem outside football hopefully a break away in sunny Bournemouth has done him good 

He may be more inclined to focus on his football career now that the acting role has finished...........

ErrinTodd.jpg.13a1a7144ea9b2c80777fbaf06d0ae5c.jpg

• Haha 1

Mind you, that would explain his departure when Dean Smith arrived...........

sister_smith.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

I dunno, I thought he looked pretty hot in his Puma ad campaign. 👀🤪

Puma ambassador Cara Delevingne hits up an #arcade for her Basket Heart  shoe photo shoot | 8-Bit Central

That really could be Todd. 

5 hours ago, king canary said:

To be honest that would be a pretty pointless option to put in there.

Yes. An option where all three parties all have to agree isn’t an option. The “option” is by one party based on predetermined conditions . 

I do hope he really knuckles down ,has there is a decent young player there, just need to clear his head out and focus on really establishing himself with city for the next year or two and then look again to progress with a larger prem club- also benefit us with a large sell on fee if  do move on

We've triggered his extension just to get a fee for him. I'd imagine we've told his agents to get him a move.

Amongst the information that Michael Bailey's been fed by the club recently was the comments that Smith and Shakespeare had tried every trick in the book, putting them arm around him and then kicking him up the ****, but nothing worked. So unless Cantwell literally came begging, I can't see any way back for him. Especially as towards the end he wasn't getting in the match squad because he wasn't training hard enough. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Cantwell back at city- Bournemouth not taking up option to sign- this should bring him back to ground and perhaps he can settle down and be a good solid player for city again 

Bad news for City and TC.

The fall of this lad is really quite sad
When he played well he wasn't half bad.
But it got to his head and from Norwich he fled
Now he's back and the subject of dread

• Like 1

TC is rubbish. We need to stop dreaming of a good fee for him, offer him a contract worth whatever another club would actually pay for him as of now if they were signing him. He couldn’t argue with that as a fair deal as if he says no then fine, he goes and gets that money anyway, but likely to be at a club potentially slightly behind us in terms of promotion potential (not that I’m too optimistic). If we really wanted to be ****ty we say ‘sign this or we won’t play you and when you do get a move you’ll be on league 1 wages at best’. Obviously that’s be a little harsh, but fair to say he’s been dining out at our expense without repaying us on the field for some time. If he really is good enough he’ll take the offer and then can stick two fingers up to us when epl teams come calling. I suspect he may start to think he isn’t and might be in his interests to start justifying his meal ticket if he wants it to last into his late twenties 

I honestly think him deleting his social media is more of a kick in the nuts for us. I don’t rate him as a player but his social media profile being linked to our club has potential revenue as an outwardly fashionable player with still some profile increasing interest from the yoof. Not good enough reason by itself to keep him but now we have the rubbish player with none of the profile - he is the gift that keeps on giving 😂

On 20/05/2022 at 12:36, king canary said:

The ideal scenario is he gets his head straight, plays well for us and wins the fans back over before signing a new deal. How likely that is nobody can say but it would be such a shame to see such a clearly talented player fall away like this.

I would love this, but he hits form and excels I would not expect him to sign a contract as he can leave for free in 12 months, and if he does not hit form the club willn’t want to extend his contract.  It is a really tricky situation for all involved.  If Tzolis, or Rowe as even close the club should give them the opportunities ahead of Todd as they are under contract.

On 20/05/2022 at 09:51, WD40 said:

Not getting my hopes up for a positive outcome on this one. Seems the type to pout and sook rather than prove the doubters wrong. It’s always the case you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone and Farke was the perfect manager for Todd. Played him in a position that suited him in a shape that suited him. Nurtured him. But he got too big for his boots and downed tools. Then he goes and plays in a midfield 3 and he’s all at sea. The regret must be real. 

Regret takes self-awareness a a reflective nature. Not convinced a player who has got himself into such a position has this

On 20/05/2022 at 12:36, king canary said:

You have to hope there’s some senior/ex Pros who can have a ‘chat’ and get through to him.  For instance Eadie (broke through to the PL as a youngster so knows what it’s like) or Holt (went around the houses before his PL break). It would be a shame if he ended up a lower league journeyman, he’s better than that but needs to prove it..whether with us or elsewhere.

On 20/05/2022 at 11:29, Tetteys Jig said:

Yh remember Emi got that ban and we all shat ourselves that it might stop us going up? Todd came in, wasn’t as good but did a job and we drew 3 games.

What that also showed, as an early warning side, was how lost we were without Emi

Watching Patrick Roberts and Alex Pritchard plying their trade in the third tier play-off really should be a warning to Cantwell. Let's hope he's watching too, and taking note

• Like 1

On 20/05/2022 at 10:46, A Load of Squit said:

The last time Todd returned to us when the club he was loaned to got promoted he had a brilliant season.

Interesting definition of brilliant season. Scored one goal and most of his 24 games were substitutions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Interesting definition of brilliant season. Scored one goal and most of his 24 games were substitutions.

Must've been the one after that. 😀