I'd say Crystal Palace might be a decent fit for him

Looking at their right backs Joel Ward and Martin Kelly (both 32) and Nathanial Clyne (31) are going to need replacing

..although I saw yesterday that Man Utd could beclooking to offliad Wan Bissaka so maybe he might return there?

We know that Southgate will look there as he's picked both Guehi and Mitchell recently.

Admittedly I would have had higher hopes for him a couple of seasons ago and Croydon isnt quite Barcelona but their money is aa good as anyones if they pay the asking fee.

There seem to be many decent right backs around now that he's slipped down the pecking order.

If Byram can stay fit ,he's more than good enough at RB (unless Dean Smith now sees him as the new Craig Fleming?)

Great professional and very loyal. I hate the way his name his now branded around like some sort commodity now we're ready to move him on. 

I wouldn't swap him for 10 Cantwell's.

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Great professional and very loyal. I hate the way his name his now branded around like some sort commodity now we're ready to move him on. 

I wouldn't swap him for 10 Cantwell's.

Sadly this is the way of a 'self funded' model

We wont have saleable assets all the time

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Sadly this is the way of a 'self funded' model

We wont have saleable assets all the time

I don't think we'll have any saleable assets after Aaron's. The self funded model will run out of steam soon. 

Players like Rashica and Tzolis we are probably due to make a loss on.

If Webber is still here then no, what's the point in selling Aarons for £15m . 

That's essentially what Webber spent on Sargent and Hugill. 

He'd end up buying some Bulgarian under 21 international right back from the Lithuanian league and we'll be stuck with him for 4 years. 

If Webber leaves then yes, we need to sell to provide a transfer budget.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If Webber is still here then no, what's the point in selling Aarons for £15m . 

That's essentially what Webber spent on Sargent and Hugill. 

He'd end up buying some Bulgarian under 21 international right back from the Lithuanian league and we'll be stuck with him for 4 years. 

If Webber leaves then yes, we need to sell to provide a transfer budget.

Smith has been told that we don't need to sell to buy, he'll have funds.

We'll have to shift some players on regardless because our squad is huge for Championship level. 

11 hours ago, GJP said:

Needs to improve his final ball - as has been the case for some time now.

This !!!

Lacks the finishing touch and polish more often than not .

On 20/05/2022 at 01:10, Tetteys Jig said:

Is it all that inevitable he goes? His stock is at a bit of a low at the moment but he still has plenty of time on his contract. I just can’t think where he would go or who is going to stump up the money we’d demand for him.

Say we want £20m. There’s so many right backs that have come through that would cost even less and represent the same gamble like Djed Spence for example, I’m just not sure the right market is there at least domestically. Newcastle got Trippier, Everton got that Scottish lad, the Japanese lad has settled in at Arsenal and Doherty/Royal are doing a job at Spurs, just not sure who would take a punt at the moment. He’s hardly pulled up trees at prem level and Jamal Lewis has been a disaster at Newcastle after a similar development.

Its a huge shame as that’s basically his reward for being professional, not kicking up a fuss and getting on with it when he had the likes of Barca, Bayern and Roma looking at him. It feels inevitable he needs to go this summer but I’m just not sure where.

Perhaps he’ll go for a really pathetic fee like under £10m to Brentford or something…

Problem for Aarons this summer is Wan-Bissaka and Spence both right backs will be moving on in the summer. Spence probably cheaper and Wan Bissaka with a bigger reputation(rightly or wrongly is debatable) than Max.

Can see him going somewhere like Southampton, rumoured to be after a RB with Livramento ruled out for 9 months.