BroadstairsR

Bonuses for the Chumps.

Like most, I suspect, I am totally nonplussed regarding our chances for next season.

On the one hand, and having been privileged to the hapless displays of late, I consider a mid-table placing to be a distinct possibility next season. On the other, I am reminded of the gap in quality between the two leagues and the fact that parachute laden relegation sides usually end up as promotion sides when pitted against the best that the Championship has to offer. There is a distinct possibility that our players could actually be a class above. 

On the one hand I have cooled to Dean Smith, his selections fail to suit me, his tactics seem difficult to discern his grip upon things in general seems weak, his touchline persona is as limp as a filleted lettuce leaf and his impact negligible. On the other, I am reminded that he has not once benefitted from a fair wind, that the playing staff are not of his own choosing and may therefore not conform to his tactical intentions and that the SAS team are very highly respected in the footballing world.

What Carrow Road happenings might then enhance our chances next season, and how likely are they to happen?

Todd Cantwell returns to the club a new man? With his troubles behind him, he instantly resurrects his best form of old and sweeps the Chumps all before him.  Less likely than likely?

Young Tzolis finally comes of age and, fully acclimatised, lives up to every column inch of the hype that surrounded him when he arrived? Scores, assists and becomes our first £40m sale. More likely than unlikely, except for that transfer fee?

Sargent becomes a fan's favourite and the first City player ever to clock a thousand miles a season on the field of play, and even manages to plant himself firmly at the top end of the Championship goalscorers list. More likely than unlikely, except for the goal-scoring?

Idah picks up where he left off. Bullies and scores in equal proportions and becomes the next to be sold for big money. Quite likely?

Pukki has another thirty goal season. Unlikely?

Rashica stays at Carrow Road and ploughs a deep furrow down the left wing. One of his crosses eventually finds a City forward. Extremely unlikely?

Webber finally signs that midfield cruncher. That permanent CDM that the team has had a crying need of since the dreaded Bradley Johnson was sold to Derby. No chance!

Some pruning of the rest of that nondescript midfield area. Let Gilmour not be the last to leave. Possible? 

The defence seems fine for next season. Wouldn't want to lose Hanley or Omo in a hurry, though. 

It is not all bad after all. The prognosis could be very good. Likely or unlikely?

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

You have a lot of hands apparently 

and too much time on them.

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

and too much time on them.

I'd get on the golf course.... 

Just now, Greavsy said:

I'd get on the golf course.... 

Just come off.

Got a hole in two and celebrating my prowess in style.

How's about you?

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just come off.

How's about you?

Trust me, you don't want to know what my day is. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just come off.

How's about you?

Was that the windmill or the clowns mouth?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Just come off.

How's about you?

Ever done Ashbury Broaders? Just back from there. Go every year. 5 courses to choose from.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Was that the pirate crazy golf or the jungle one? 😜

For me:

Todd Cantwell returns to the club a new man? NOT A CHANCE

Young Tzolis finally comes of age. 100% If played - lad is quality.

Sargent becomes a fan's favourite. Nailed on favourite, he has everything to be this.

even manages to plant himself firmly at the top end of the Championship goalscorers list. NOPE, Hardworking ballwinner and thorn.  But don't think he'll be prolific scorer.

Idah picks up where he left off. Bullies and scores in equal proportions and becomes the next to be sold for big money. 10-15 GOALS.  Not big enough to go for big money

Pukki has another thirty goal season. Should be on for ~25 if he stays

Rashica stays at Carrow Road and ploughs a deep furrow down the left wing. One of his crosses eventually finds a City forward. Think he's gone

Webber finally signs that midfield cruncher. That permanent CDM that the team has had a crying need of since the dreaded Bradley Johnson was sold to Derby. 100% YES (If Webber is here)

Some pruning of the rest of that nondescript midfield area. Let Gilmour not be the last to leave. Big cull (IMO) 

It is not all bad after all. The prognosis could be very good. Two outcomes for me:

1. Webber gets pushed, Delia stands down as no longer can deal with the emotional and mental toll, and we're left with Tom & Neil Adams.  Unknown outcome here.

2. Webber stays and we continue to progress these youngsters and long-term development of the club - We have a very good season.

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Ever done Ashbury Broaders? Just back from there. Go every year. 5 courses to choose from.

No, never. Sounds very good indeed. What do you score these days?

My golfing horizons have been fairly limited and restricted to the Birmingham area and the South East. That does include the Belfry (Brabazon with Sevvy's plaque at the 10th,) and Royal St. George's (stopped scoring after teeing off at the 14th. Hopeless!) though. 

I'm currently using Banyan,  Hua Hin in the Land of Smiles. The temperatures  can quickly reach the thirties here, so an early start is needed if you are not used to it.

It's a picture postcard course. I always reviled those sorts of courses that the Americans usually like so much, but they sure make golfing easier for those with diminishing skills.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Was that the pirate crazy golf or the jungle one? 😜

For me:

Todd Cantwell returns to the club a new man? NOT A CHANCE

Young Tzolis finally comes of age. 100% If played - lad is quality.

Sargent becomes a fan's favourite. Nailed on favourite, he has everything to be this.

even manages to plant himself firmly at the top end of the Championship goalscorers list. NOPE, Hardworking ballwinner and thorn.  But don't think he'll be prolific scorer.

Idah picks up where he left off. Bullies and scores in equal proportions and becomes the next to be sold for big money. 10-15 GOALS.  Not big enough to go for big money

Pukki has another thirty goal season. Should be on for ~25 if he stays

Rashica stays at Carrow Road and ploughs a deep furrow down the left wing. One of his crosses eventually finds a City forward. Think he's gone

Webber finally signs that midfield cruncher. That permanent CDM that the team has had a crying need of since the dreaded Bradley Johnson was sold to Derby. 100% YES (If Webber is here)

Some pruning of the rest of that nondescript midfield area. Let Gilmour not be the last to leave. Big cull (IMO) 

It is not all bad after all. The prognosis could be very good. Two outcomes for me:

1. Webber gets pushed, Delia stands down as no longer can deal with the emotional and mental toll, and we're left with Tom & Neil Adams.  Unknown outcome here.

2. Webber stays and we continue to progress these youngsters and long-term development of the club - We have a very good season.

Pretty much agree with this apart from the big cull, we don't have the resources for that and won't abandon our philosophy. Obviously Gilmour, Normann and Williams are gone, but aside of Rashica (and probably Todd) leaving, I can't see many others having a queue of teams waiting to sign them. Possibly Aarons I guess.

As for Webber,  he has a very good track record of constructing a team that is good enough to get out of the Championship, he'll still be here because if he was going to leave it would have happened by now I'm sure with a very important summer looming. 

Only other thing, as much as I really, really want Idah to succeed, I cannot see him becoming a prolific striker either, more similar to Josh Sargent. 

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

No, never. Sounds very good indeed. What do you score these days?

My golfing horizons have been fairly limited and restricted to the Birmingham area and the South East. That does include the Belfry (Brabazon with Sevvy's plaque at the 10th,) and Royal St. George's (stopped scoring after teeing off at the 14th. Hopeless!) though. 

I'm currently using Banyan,  Hua Hin in the Land of Smiles. The temperatures  can quickly reach the thirties here, so an early start is needed if you are not used to it.

It's a picture postcard course. I always reviled those sorts of courses that the Americans usually like so much, but they sure make golfing easier for those with diminishing skills.

Playing off 12 at the moment. But its a struggle at times. Been trying to get more clubhead speed. Working off the tee but fairway shots can be very mixed. Putting saves me. Got an American one called Sizemore. Heavy and works a treat for me.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Pretty much agree with this apart from the big cull, we don't have the resources for that and won't abandon our philosophy.

I guess I consider a cull to free up resources.  Smith has mentioned the bloat and problems having to leave players out of 11v11's when he first joined.   Potentially in midfield positions this summer, we'll have:

Rashica, Cantwell, Sorensen, Hernadez, Martin, Sinani, Dowell, Tzolis, PLM, McLean, Rupp, Placheta, Sargent, Rowe, Spingett.

15 is pretty heavy, and we need to bring in some physicality in central mid and if we play 2 up top consider our striker options.

Sorry but what have people seen in Sargent to think he will become a fan favourite, is it the fact he runs around? I've not seen anything to suggest he can do more than Hugill and his ball control is possibly one of the worst I've seen at Norwich. 

Same question for Tzolis, the guy is behind our u.23 prospects, I have serious doubts we will even see him play a considerable amount of games for us next season. I see Paddy Davitt has been suggesting that the plan is to loan him out next year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, priceyrice said:

Sorry but what have people seen in Sargent to think he will become a fan favourite, is it the fact he runs around? I've not seen anything to suggest he can do more than Hugill and his ball control is possibly one of the worst I've seen at Norwich. 

Because he's a very likeable character and has the goodwill of the fans behind him.

In terms of ability, his physical traits will propel him in the championship - Like Hucks never had a script in games, Josh is the same -  you can bundle your way through defences in champs, he'll be the left-field master at it.