Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Player of the Season

39 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Do you and Vince compare sizes. What is your definition of ‘big’ ?

10 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It was on the web site.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/voting-open-for-war-paint-for-men-player-of-the-season-award

Have they said that there will not be a presentation on Sunday?

The 32-year-old has been presented with the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy at Lotus Training Centre by Danny Gray, founder of War Paint for Men.

Copy and pasted from the club website and there is a photo of the presentation also.

With regard to your link it shows it as posted on the website 9 days ago which was last monday week with a closing date of last Thursday so 3 days to vote.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Clearly club saw the reaction and have slotted it in on match day now too. The fan of the season award has been presented too despite the fact it’s usually presented by Michelle Dack’s family. Ward may be a good administrator but on her watch any fan communication/empathy has gone right out of the window.

Usually 100% with you Jim but puzzled as to how Ward is a good administrator?

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The 32-year-old has been presented with the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy at Lotus Training Centre by Danny Gray, founder of War Paint for Men.

Copy and pasted from the club website and there is a photo of the presentation also.

With regard to your link it shows it as posted on the website 9 days ago which was last monday week with a closing date of last Thursday so 3 days to vote.

There's going to be a presentation on Sunday, no-one ever said that there wasn't going to be a presentation at the last home game.

Fans have had plenty of time to decide who they wanted to vote for, if it takes you more than 3 days to decide then maybe you're over-thinking it.

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

There's going to be a presentation on Sunday, no-one ever said that there wasn't going to be a presentation at the last home game.

Fans have had plenty of time to decide who they wanted to vote for, if it takes you more than 3 days to decide then maybe you're over-thinking it.

Rightly or wrongly some fans are claiming insufficient notification. The Club could let us know the total votes cast relative to previous seasons as that would give a clue.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Rightly or wrongly some fans are claiming insufficient notification. The Club could let us know the total votes cast relative to previous seasons as that would give a clue.

But it would have to be on a votes per day basis otherwise you're (again) trying to post some stats without context.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

I am sure you will have an explanation as to why it was not advertised on any of the clubs social media platforms or in the local media as has been the norm in previous years.

It is not the amount of time it takes you to decide who to vote for but how to go about it and where it is possible to do so.

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure you will have an explanation as to why it was not advertised on any of the clubs social media platforms or in the local media as has been the norm in previous years.

It is not the amount of time it takes you to decide who to vote for but how to go about it and where it is possible to do so.

Perhaps you should ask the local press why they missed it, can't be too dificult to load the web site for the club you are reporting on and look at the news page.

23 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Perhaps you should ask the local press why they missed it, can't be too dificult to load the web site for the club you are reporting on and look at the news page.

Think you're missing the point that Tilly is making, in past years the pots voting link is always advertised on all the social media outlets by the club so we know it's happening. This time it was just on an email along with lots of other stuff so people missed it.

14 minutes ago, Diane said:

Think you're missing the point that Tilly is making, in past years the pots voting link is always advertised on all the social media outlets by the club so we know it's happening. This time it was just on an email along with lots of other stuff so people missed it.

I'm not missing any points being made. The vote always takes place at this time of the year, it was publicised, if people missed it then maybe they didn't look hard enough or read the email properly.

If you feel comfortable blaming someone else for your lack of attention that's up to you but everyone had a chance to vote.

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm not missing any points being made. The vote always takes place at this time of the year, it was publicised, if people missed it then maybe they didn't look hard enough or read the email properly.

If you feel comfortable blaming someone else for your lack of attention that's up to you but everyone had a chance to vote.

I did vote but only because I saw Tilly's post on here, maybe I should make time to read ncfc regular emails more thoroughly 🙄

11 minutes ago, Diane said:

I did vote but only because I saw Tilly's post on here, maybe I should make time to read ncfc regular emails more thoroughly 🙄

You should read all of your emails thoroughly. 😀

Quite simple really. All the Club has to do is advertise the vote adequately and ensure an adequate time window for people to vote. Don't know whether they did exactly that but a report on the total number of votes cast this year relative to other years would prove the point one way or another.

They don't have a problem advertising when it suits. Take the luxury coach trip to Aston Villa as an example. I guess that went well?

46 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You are though. The vote does always take place at this time of year.

Equally, around the same time each year Norwich work their social platforms as they're supposed to, to communicate with fans and let them know. It is bizarre that they didn't bother spending literally a couple of minutes to ensure all fans felt they were communicated with.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You are though. The vote does always take place at this time of year.

Equally, around the same time each year Norwich work their social platforms as they're supposed to, to communicate with fans and let them know. It is bizarre that they didn't bother spending literally a couple of minutes to ensure all fans felt they were communicated with.

They did communicate with the fans. Where do you draw the line on what platforms are used? Will someone complain because it wasn't on Tik Tok or Truth Social? 

Maybe they should've told Rebekkah Vardy, she could've leaked it to the newspapers?

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

They did communicate with the fans. Where do you draw the line on what platforms are used? Will someone complain because it wasn't on Tik Tok or Truth Social? 

Maybe they should've told Rebekkah Vardy, she could've leaked it to the newspapers?

Come off it, its been deliberately kept under the radar and the voting period has been shortened/reduced. they were clearly worried it was going to be hi-jacked either as some form of protest or by fans of Chelsea voting for Gilmour etc.

Its good they are now getting Teemu out on the pitch on Sunday but I am very dubious that was the plan until they saw the online reaction to the tweets confirming he'd already been presented with it. In fact, in his interview he talks of there being 2 more remaining games so he was clearly actually presented with it before the Wolves game!

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's all about what can reasonably be expected. You constantly building straw-mans does nothing to help.

Previously, they have always highlighted it, multiple times, every year, on both Facebook and Twitter which is where NCFC have the biggest following. The club set that precedent, so it's entirely reasonable that fans would expect that to continue. It's also, when they want information from fans, the mediums they have used as recently as this season. So why did they suddenly decide not to with POTS?

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Come off it, its been deliberately kept under the radar and the voting period has been shortened/reduced. they were clearly worried it was going to be hi-jacked either as some form of protest or by fans of Chelsea voting for Gilmour etc.

Then they should be congratulated for a job well done. The correct outcome, don't you like it when a plan comes together?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's all about what can reasonably be expected. You constantly building straw-mans does nothing to help.

Previously, they have always highlighted it, multiple times, every year, on both Facebook and Twitter which is where NCFC have the biggest following. The club set that precedent, so it's entirely reasonable that fans would expect that to continue. It's also, when they want information from fans, the mediums they have used as recently as this season. So why did they suddenly decide not to with POTS?

I've no idea but maybe Jim has answered your question, you can DM him, he'll give you the details.

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Then they should be congratulated for a job well done. The correct outcome, don't you like it when a plan comes together?

Trump and Putin would be proud.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I've no idea but maybe Jim has answered your question, you can DM him, he'll give you the details.

Maybe the club could answer it. On a platform they've used for years for all pieces of communication to fans. There's an idea.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe the club could answer it. On a platform they've used for years for all pieces of communication to fans. There's an idea.

You could ask them. Send an email.

23 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

If previous years are to go by most of you would've been in the bar when the POTS is announced, at least this way you haven't had to look up from your pint to see it happen on the TV in the corner.

I'm sure you would have made up for it with your over the top cheering and waving... maybe a little tear? 🤪

30 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Its good they are now getting Teemu out on the pitch on Sunday but I am very dubious that was the plan until they saw the online reaction to the tweets confirming he'd already been presented with it. In fact, in his interview he talks of there being 2 more remaining games so he was clearly actually presented with it before the Wolves game!

I think you've nailed it Jimbo. No doubt if they'd explained what they were doing in advance both your scenarios would have happened. If they had explained afterwards your second paragraph would have been the reaction. They probably think it's safest to say nothing and they're probably right but I have no sympathy because our club has somehow managed to make a rubbish season worse.

I wonder if we'll ever get back to the Barry Butler being decided by the supporters at the game. War Paint could be a separate one for the internet.

I am beginning to think Load of Squit is the new head of supporter services who is taking up the post at the end of June.😂 He should fit in nicely with the culture they have developed towards the fans.

I cannot wait to see what they will make of Home and Away memberships for next season.

Blimey when you have hoggy and wolfie slamming the club over this farce you know the club are in the wrong over this.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am beginning to think Load of Squit is the new head of supporter services who is taking up the post at the end of June.😂 He should fit in nicely with the culture they have developed towards the fans.

I cannot wait to see what they will make of Home and Away memberships for next season.

Blimey when you have hoggy and wolfie slamming the club over this farce you know the club are in the wrong over this.

I've been enjoying the irony of you complaining something isn't on social media.