Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Player of the Season

Recommended Posts

I have been out of the country for a week but I appear to have missed the opportunity to vote this season. Was this heavily promoted/advertised by the club? I missed it completely although it was never going to be an overly exhilarating experience this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It was promoted, but voting has now closed - it’s not the end of the world..it rather feels like the season Croft won it when it was the best of a pretty rum lot.  I had thought Hanley to be the most likely from a few weeks back, but it seems that Pukki in now flavour of the month.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teemu is the only player to come out of this season with credit. He’s not only the best choice, he’s the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Voted for Pukki.

Even then, I think he's underperformed. Despite being starved of service (he says, contradicting himself).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The voting opened last Monday and closed 3 days later on Thursday so yet another great piece of communications by the club.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The voting opened last Monday and closed 3 days later on Thursday so yet another great piece of communications by the club.

I missed it too! I mean I can kind of understand them not making a big song and dance about it due to the awful season we've had, but it's still a prestigious award dating back nearly 60 years. I don't think I received an email asking me to vote, which I think I have received in previous seasons (can anyone confirm?). My wife and my dad both missed it too, and usually between the three of us we don't miss a great deal in the way of club comms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Pretty sure that @TIL 1010 posted a reminder on here last week?  That's what triggered me.

Must've missed that too, dammit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I missed it too! I mean I can kind of understand them not making a big song and dance about it due to the awful season we've had, but it's still a prestigious award dating back nearly 60 years. I don't think I received an email asking me to vote, which I think I have received in previous seasons (can anyone confirm?). My wife and my dad both missed it too, and usually between the three of us we don't miss a great deal in the way of club comms.

After the West Ham game i thought two weeks to go until it is presented at the last game of the season ( v Spurs ) and i had not seen it mentioned anywhere but found it tucked away on the club website last tuesday. It had been put on there Monday with a closing date of Thursday. You are right about lack of an e-mail wolfie.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Pretty sure that @TIL 1010 posted a reminder on here last week?  That's what triggered me.

I indeed did Googler Bot but i only posted it after i had to go looking for it. It closed a couple of days after i started the thread.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a look through my emails and the club's Facebook page from all last week, and not a dickie bird. I did manage to vote though, so I guess it must've been through the link Til posted on here. 

I get that the club were maybe worried about a Carlo Nash situation or a hijack from Chelsea fans, but it seems a strange way to go about things. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Just had a look through my emails and the club's Facebook page from all last week, and not a dickie bird. I did manage to vote though, so I guess it must've been through the link Til posted on here. 

I get that the club were maybe worried about a Carlo Nash situation or a hijack from Chelsea fans, but it seems a strange way to go about things. 

Straight out of Putins election handbook 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says a lot when one of the posters on here does more to publicise it than the club. 

The opinion of the fans? Oh dear, dear, dear, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

1. Pukki
2. Hanley
 

Not a clue who to come third. 

I imagine this is exactly the same for most who voted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Just had a look through my emails and the club's Facebook page from all last week, and not a dickie bird. I did manage to vote though, so I guess it must've been through the link Til posted on here. 

I get that the club were maybe worried about a Carlo Nash situation or a hijack from Chelsea fans, but it seems a strange way to go about things. 

 

Please outline exactly what the "Carlo Nash situation" was.

Did he get the most votes?  Did the club suppress the real results?  Or was it just a few blowhards who thought it would be funny if Nash won?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The voting opened last Monday and closed 3 days later on Thursday so yet another great piece of communications by the club.

Can't wait for the presentation on Sunday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Please outline exactly what the "Carlo Nash situation" was.

Did he get the most votes?  Did the club suppress the real results?  Or was it just a few blowhards who thought it would be funny if Nash won?

 

At the end of the 13/14 season, they posted the POTS voting on Twitter, Facebook etc., and the polls got hijacked. 😂

Nash romped home and got a ridiculous amount of votes (protest votes, irony votes, angry supporter votes, call them what you will...)

 

The club then U-turned and disregarded all of the results and only counted certain "legitimate" votes (postal votes for player who had played atleast 5 games i think?). Snodgrass eventually won the POTS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pukki is the only one who can take any positivity from this absolute waste of a season, to score double figures in this team is actually pretty remarkable.

 

I think it will be:

1.) Pukki

2.) Williams

3.) Hanley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TheRock said:

 

At the end of the 13/14 season, they posted the POTS voting on Twitter, Facebook etc., and the polls got hijacked. 😂

Nash romped home and got a ridiculous amount of votes (protest votes, irony votes, angry supporter votes, call them what you will...)

 

The club then U-turned and disregarded all of the results and only counted certain "legitimate" votes (postal votes for player who had played atleast 5 games i think?). Snodgrass eventually won the POTS.

Says who? 

Has a local journalist or club employee ever confirmed this, or is it just urban myth?

I would have thought that a vote for someone who DID NOT PLAY was not an eligible one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Says who? 

Has a local journalist or club employee ever confirmed this, or is it just urban myth?

I would have thought that a vote for someone who DID NOT PLAY was not an eligible one.

It was big news at the time, made the national press. He was even interviewed about it and said if he did win he would decline it.

I would also have thought a vote for someone who did not play was not an eligible one. At the time of the vote it wasn't a rule, but they introduced it retrospectively to avoid the embarrassment of awarding it to Carlo Nash, despite him getting the most votes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by the media coverage it has to be Billy Gilmour, he played his socks off and has been the darling of the season.
The poor diamond in the dog turd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Says who? 

Has a local journalist or club employee ever confirmed this, or is it just urban myth?

I would have thought that a vote for someone who DID NOT PLAY was not an eligible one.

I've taken the time to dig out the links for you. 😇

https://www.facebook.com/NorwichCityFootballClub/photos/a.208356169237699/633553273384651

https://www.facebook.com/NorwichCityFootballClub/photos/a.208356169237699/657058074367504

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2014-04-30/norwich-city-fans-stage-comical-protest-at-clubs-miserable-premier-league-campaign

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Voted for Pukki.

Even then, I think he's underperformed. Despite being starved of service (he says, contradicting himself).

Completely agree with this. But in Pukki's defence when you aren't getting chances, and aren't scoring, when you do get chances you naturally start to snatch at them, or start to overthink and take too long. That's exactly what was happening to Pukki, his confidence was shot, but he's still scored double figures again in a ****-poor side to be up there with quite a few big name players.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have voted for Pukki if I saw it. However we seem to sell anyone I vote for so hopefully thats jinxed his "Barry Butler Trophy" move away from Carra Rud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...