Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Jake Daniels Blackpool

23 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

A womans body is her own. How much more simple do you need it?
When you know someone who has been assaulted and does not want to carry that baby to term come back and spout that inhumane poison. 

What inhumane poison?  You stated that: 

”A womans body is her own and I could not give a rats carcass about pro life arguments. End of argument.”

I responded by saying that this was a simplistic non-argument.  Despite your assumption, I didn’t give my opinion or position regarding abortion.  So I ask again, what inhumane poison?

Edited by Naturalcynic

By saying it was a simplistic argument you imply you disagree - ergo you are wrong - ergo its inhumane poison.

Given your holier than thou approach i would expect a superior intellect like yours to be able to 1+1=2.

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

As a Christian you have every right to say, you think being gay, is wrong, those that disagree with that have every right to call it bigoted.

Ps Nurses who refuse to do legal procedures have no right to be in hospitals putting at risk patients.

Thankfully we have laws that restrict bigotted views.

Which legal procedures are you referring to?

15 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Fair enough. I’m just saying a person’s bedroom life, in my opinion, is the least interesting thing about them. I think there is far too much fanfare around coming out these days, people celebrated in the media as if it is heroic and virtuous and they have done something just amazing…. when, in truth, the battle was won years ago and that lifestyle is positively trendy these days. Schools have gay month AND gay history month. To claim it’s edgy is odd- pushing against an open door more like. Society currently adores lgbt- every institution promotes and celebrates it, every school endorses it…so how was it brave? 

17 year old lad coming out and IS THE ONLY CURRENT PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER IN THE UK THAT HAS. It’s incredibly brave and the fact that schools have been ‘endorsing’ lgbtq+ issues (weird choice of word) is hopefully something which made him feel more able to come out in an incredibly judgemental section of society. It’s not his own supporters that’ll be the issue, it’s every other set of supporters looking for an easy target. Putting yourself knowingly up for this abuse is beyond brave. Try having a conversation with most lgbtq+ community and compare their life experiences with yours in terms of their targeted discrimination. Just because a few articles say that ‘we’ve come a long way’ it doesn’t mean we’ve come all the way, we are just better off than when being gay was illegal and people like Alan Turing were chemically castrated to the point of suicide. Yes, compared to then we have. But the ratio of knuckle draggers in football crowds is disproportionately high and the dismissive nature of your post not only fuels their ‘it’s just PC correctness gone mad’ or ‘it’s a choice’ or ‘he’s only doing it for the media profile’, but it tends to suggest you have some animosity held towards gay people. Maybe not but you clearly don’t understand the circumstances fully and are ill informed, so, with respect, wind your neck in a bit

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

By saying it was a simplistic argument you imply you disagree - ergo you are wrong - ergo its inhumane poison.

Given your holier than thou approach i would expect a superior intellect like yours to be able to 1+1=2.

Playing devil's adovoate, and because my two Taliskers have put me in a mischievous mood, are we to assume that you disagree with UK legislation, that an abortion of a healthy foetus after 24 weeks is illegal? After all, a woman's body is her own, even after 24 weeks of gestation.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

To reduce the abortion argument to the statement that “A woman’s body is her own and I could not give a rats carcass about pro life arguments. End of argument” is indeed simplistic.  The arguments around abortion are complex and nuanced, having to take into account not only the the rights of the woman but also of the foetus, and clearly there may be many other factors that might also come into play.  At no stage have I stated my position on the subject.

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

1. Not allowing a gay couple to use your hotel. You maybe a bigotted idiot but if you run a hotel for instance, you can not legally ban people due to their sexuality.

Theres one..lots of other.. go research

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

1. Not allowing a gay couple to use your hotel. You maybe a bigotted idiot but if you run a hotel for instance, you can not legally ban people due to their sexuality.

Theres one..lots of other.. go research

No gay person should be excluded from a hotel for their sexuality, regardless of the owner's warped views.

But you said nurses who refuse to do legal procedures have no right to be in hospitals.

This is not correct.

Edited by canarydan23

22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Playing devil's adovoate, and because my two Taliskers have put me in a mischievous mood, are we to assume that you disagree with UK legislation, that an abortion of a healthy foetus after 24 weeks is illegal? After all, a woman's body is her own, even after 24 weeks of gestation.

I haven't indicated anything of the sort. Just the fact that abortion is a woman's right.

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I haven't indicated anything of the sort. Just the fact that abortion is a woman's right.

But if a woman's body is her own, then surely if she wants an abortion at 28 weeks then she can have one, right?

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

But if a woman's body is her own, then surely if she wants an abortion at 28 weeks then she can have one, right?

Stop trying to twist the argument. It depends on the law of the country that she is in. I am not saying someone can have an abortion past the legal limit. I am saying that abortion should be an option for all women.
You would assume that outside of odd situations like the woman going into a coma and coming out at 30 weeks to find shes pregnant most people would realise they were pregnant and make a decision on what to do rather than decide that at 24 weeks + what seemed like a good idea 2 weeks ago is now a bad one.

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

It depends on the law of the country that she is in.

Ah, so your moral compass points in the way that the law of the country you are in dictates?

Again, I'm just in a mischievous mood prompted by a mixture of whisky and this comment;

"A womans body is her own. How much more simple do you need it?"

As you now seem to accept, it really is anything other than simple.

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ah, so your moral compass points in the way that the law of the country you are in dictates?

Again, I'm just in a mischievous mood prompted by a mixture of whisky and this comment;

"A womans body is her own. How much more simple do you need it?"

As you now seem to accept, it really is anything other than simple.

Lay off the whisky then because rather than mischievous its turning you into a tool.

I will be blunt. 
Someone is assaulted they have a right to abort rather than carry that child to full term. A woman's body is their own.
No man woman or fictional deity has the right to say that that woman does not have a choice to an abortion.

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Lay off the whisky then because rather than mischievous its turning you into a tool.

I will be blunt. 
Someone is assaulted they have a right to abort rather than carry that child to full term. A woman's body is their own.
No man woman or fictional deity has the right to say that that woman does not have a choice to an abortion.

Yes. They do, in certain situations. In the UK, after 24 weeks the law says a woman, even the one to which you refer, is unable to have an abortion.

Maybe you need to get on the whisky?

Edited by canarydan23

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I've not heard of that, unless it's that study that pretty much proved a link between a massive and sudden reduction in crime figures in the US 16-21 years after Roe v Wade. Essentially, the criminals were no longer being born!

Nope, totally different. Guttmacher Institute research in question simply focuses on the proportion of kids that aren't planned.

As for condom use, that is covered by separate research, but the proportion of men who don't use condoms at all, especially in the USA, is bewildering. Even in the UK and Western Europe, men are still pretty damn gauche. Worse still, the proportion of men using them every time seems to be falling.

That's the elephant in the room when it comes to abortion-related matters. All the abortion restrictions end up borne by women - but much of it is simply caused by men who just won't wrap it up.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes. They do, in certain situations. In the UK, after 24 weeks the law says a woman, even the one to which you refer, is unable to have an abortion.

Maybe you need to get on the whisky?

or you off your high horse?

This is going well now. Probably best to move it to join the Brexit and next Tory leader type threads on the non football pages. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Abortions are legal in this Country

Anyway, lets get back to the central point of this thread and praise the young man who has taken the very brave move, to come out, whilst still playing professional football. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Abortions are legal in this Country

And nurses and midwives can choose to not to perform them and are protected from punishment, contrary to your original comment.

13 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Strange that these gay people seem to think they are so interesting. Get on with it and just be who you are wthout telling the world where you choose to park your car.

It's football and football should be all about football.

This is one of those posts I read and think "Ah, how can you completely miss the point?"

Then I see who posted it and realise it's an Ipswich fan.

Abortions

Bisexual’s

Transsexual’s

Gays

Lesbians

Whats next Championship Football for the near future 

7 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

And nurses and midwives can choose to not to perform them and are protected from punishment, contrary to your original comment.

How enlightened.. anyway great on the lad for coming out and I'm sure you support him 100%?

Edited by Kenny Foggo

52 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

How enlightened.. anyway great on the lad for coming out and I'm sure you support him 100%?

I wouldn't say enlightened, just sensible.

And yes, good on him. Hopefully he's opened the doors to others to not have to feel they need to hide a part of themselves.

About 5 years ago a Rugby League player announced he was gay. The BBC suddenly became very interested in Rugby League and despatched a team up north for the game he was playing in that night. They stopped a likely looking character outside the ground and asked him if he'd heard the news. The fan hadn't so they told him the news that one of his team was gay. "Thank God for that, I thought you were going to say he was injured". 

That sums up the general degree of interest in other people's sexuality. The BBC in particular can't seem to grasp that hardly anyone is bothered. It's only news because the media seems to be desperate to make it so. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I am surprised this thread has developed into a 5 page row.

who'd have thought it? 😉

Although very little of it has anything to do with the original subject.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Although very little of it has anything to do with the original 

Pity because it should all be about a brave soul setting an example for others.

39 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Pity because it should all be about a brave soul setting an example for others.

But then again if we always kept solely to the original subjects then most threads would be much shorter, less interesting and even more repetitive than they already are.

11 hours ago, hogesar said:

This is one of those posts I read and think "Ah, how can you completely miss the point?"

Then I see who posted it and realise it's an Ipswich fan.

You need another page in your joke book lad.