WD40

Farke to Borrusia Monchengladbach

Lucien Favre also in the frame. Guess he isn't planning on being a Director of Football to replace Webber!

Alright, fair play and that's more like it. I did always say going to Russia was odd and I expected him to get a job in Germany so hope it works for him.. And I hope it shuts up the idiots that keep crying about wanting him back

50 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And I hope it shuts up the idiots that keep crying about wanting him back

Certainly won't stop me. I'd have him back anytime.  The only idiots - if you must use that word - are those that wanted him sacked in the first place.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I suspect he will do ok there. The level of defending in the bundesliga is a disgrace, if he has a combo half as good as he did in Buendia and Pukki there's probably 30 goals guaranteed already.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Alright, fair play and that's more like it. I did always say going to Russia was odd and I expected him to get a job in Germany so hope it works for him.. And I hope it shuts up the idiots that keep crying about wanting him back

Considering you never go to games, it’s a bit rich calling people ‘idiots’ for making a decision based on what they see in front of them on the pitch. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The only idiots - if you must use that word - are those that wanted him sacked in the first place.

*Waves*

Was thinking we could get Howe at the time, but left it too late when Newcastle were looking for manager.  Then once Farke was sacked, was thinking that Lampard would be a lift for us, or Knutsen would offer us an injection of magic - happy with either of them.

But we got Smith, and well.. kinda wish we stayed with Farke right now.

Wherever he goes, you'd have to worry about Pukki joining up with him for a few final seasons in europe.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Certainly won't stop me. I'd have him back anytime.  The only idiots - if you must use that word - are those that wanted him sacked in the first place.

Sacking Farke was absolutely the right decision. His top level record is one of the worst around. Sentimentality is not a reason to keep a manager in place. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sacking Farke was absolutely the right decision. His top level record is one of the worst around. Sentimentality is not a reason to keep a manager in place. 

Should have kept him unless we had someone better lined up. We didn't and now we have Dean 😴

His record wasn't great but he didn't have the right support from DoF. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, repman said:

I suspect he will do ok there. The level of defending in the bundesliga is a disgrace, if he has a combo half as good as he did in Buendia and Pukki there's probably 30 goals guaranteed already.

Really? Frankfurt (11th) didn't have much of a problem with West Ham 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Really? Frankfurt (11th) didn't have much of a problem with West Ham 

A fair point, but Frankfurt haven't won a league game since March and during that time also managed to knock out Barcelona. Can't say for certain but it feels like they may have had their priority on Europe. Knockout football can be strange sometimes, especially the Europa League. Rangers managed to knock out both Dortmund and Leipzig but finished 2nd to Celtic.

22 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Sacking Farke might have been the right call, but replacing him with a failing manager wasn’t! It was the cheap option.

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sacking Farke might have been the right call, but replacing him with a failing manager wasn’t! It was the cheap option.

This is pretty much my opinion. I didn't agree with sacking him, though prior to the Brentford game I could understand them doing so (after the Brentford game and our first 3 points and a performance that featured plenty of fight and grit in defending that lead was stupid).

However, sacking him and replacing him for Smith was never going to improve us and there was ample available evidence to come to that conclusion at the time without the benefit of hindsight. In a season of abject performances, Webber has beaten them all with his actions this season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Failing manager 🤣 

Honestly, the hatred towards a manager who has come in, worked his best with a squad of players so utterly lacking in ability, confidence and synergy is utterly breath taking.

Blame the people who put the squad together, not the guy trying to fix this absolute ****storm.  

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

However, sacking him and replacing him for Smith was never going to improve us and there was ample available evidence to come to that conclusion at the time without the benefit of hindsight. In a season of abject performances, Webber has beaten them all with his actions this season.

Absolute **** on so many levels.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Failing manager 🤣 

Honestly, the hatred towards a manager who has come in, worked his best with a squad of players so utterly lacking in ability, confidence and synergy is utterly breath taking.

Blame the people who put the squad together, not the guy trying to fix this absolute ****storm.  

What happened at Villa? 120 million and after 10 games two places and three points better off when sacked? Failing means he was sacked the same as Farke!

Just now, Indy said:

What happened at Villa? 120 million and after 10 games two places and three points better off when sacked? Failing means he was sacked the same as Farke!

He got them into the Premier League and kept them up, that's what happened.

Just now, Indy said:

I think it's fair to say that there was at least evidence of Smith keeping a side in the league. Had it not been for the lockdown in 19/20 that might not have happened, but he did fix them during that period to a large enough extent that they are still a PL club.

1 minute ago, repman said:

I think it's fair to say that there was at least evidence of Smith keeping a side in the league. Had it not been for the lockdown in 19/20 that might not have happened, but he did fix them during that period to a large enough extent that they are still a PL club.

After spending millions we don’t have! How is a sacked manager not failed?

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Really, thanks to a dodgy referee! And he was sacked! He failed there and failed here, he failed to keep us up, even set the side up to actually be competitive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope he goes to Germany. I really don't want us to be playing against him next season. He's gone, and there's no point wanting him back, but I'd prefer it if we can avoid playing directly against him.

49 minutes ago, Indy said:

Really, thanks to a dodgy referee! And he was sacked! He failed there and failed here, he failed to keep us up, even set the side up to actually be competitive. 

No one could have kept us up. You are deluded and thank **** fans like you are not in charge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably true no one could of kept us up, so why Sack Farke. I’m not seeing us any higher up the table under the Shakey 2. Fingers crossed for next season, always liked the Norwich way - giving managers some time. 

55 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Could he have done it without Grealish, though?

I guess we'll find out next season - bloody hope so!!! 🙂

10 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I hope he goes to Germany. I really don't want us to be playing against him next season. He's gone, and there's no point wanting him back, but I'd prefer it if we can avoid playing directly against him.

Perversely I was hoping he would take a Championship job so he could go head to head with Smith. Sacking Farke was the correct decision at the time although possibly too late. 

It remains to be seen if appointing Smith was the right decision. He failed in his first task in keeping us up and needs to hit the ground running next season. He'll never be a Farke, that was a special time on so many levels and will not be repeated anytime soon.

There's no guarantee Farke would want to return anyway, even if we sacked Smith tonight.

4 minutes ago, corbs said:

Probably true no one could of kept us up, so why Sack Farke

I'd like to know if we had a few million to spend in Jan for adjustments mid-season - but sacking Farke and his team, and subsequently bringing in Smith & Co dried up any available funds.

Or if the plan from the start was to bypass that window as we did.

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Absolute c**p, as is sacking a manager as the fall guy for the DoF's failings - perhaps you should be complaining about sentimentality keeping Webber in a job because I can't think of any other reason why he is still here.

• Like 1