chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Wolves (PL/A) *****

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Another issue with this lineup is no wingers and quite frankly no pace or speed. We have Aarons and Dimi running down the wings as full backs but that's never worked for us. Why not rowe on one wing and Rashica on the other? Least they have pace and put an effort in. All a bit odd and slow without wingers.

I think you answered your own question. Giannoulis and Aarons are the pace and width. Whether it works or not though... PLM could drop in when they push on.

I'll be honest, I  have been in the pub and had a few so my comments may well be tinged but  i really cannot understand the mantra of we fight for every point and put out this line up with two games to go.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

I think you answered your own question. Giannoulis and Aarons are the pace and width. Whether it works or not though... PLM could drop in when they push on.

Exactly. It looks to me like Smith wants to gunk up the middle and attack down the flanks.

Another Tombola machine team selection I see or perhaps a perm any 11 from 16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'll be honest, I  have been in the pub and had a few so my comments may well be tinged but  i really cannot understand the mantra of we fight for every point and put out this line up with two games to go.

Playing loan players that will be off after next match makes zero sese. I know we have injuries but it is silly

The line up is irrelevant tbh although I concur that it is completely pointless to continue playing the loanies.

We'll play well for a period in the 1st half. Make a couple of decent chances. Not take them.

Get to half time 0-0, maybe 1-0 down. Still some hope.

2nd half we'll let in 2 or 3 more.

Pukki might get one back.

Final whistle goes.

Some fans will sigh and shrug their shoulders. Some will rant. Some will tell them not to rant.

There will be threads appearing about Smith (x2) out, Farke in, Webber out, protesters and Gilmour being sh*t to name a few.

11 Interesting Facts About Nostradamus | OhFact!

OTBC

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I feel like he knows something we dont but soon will..... Krul fed up and wants to not yoyo for the last couple of seasons of his career?

I don't want to speak on behalf of Tim obviously. But when I saw him on Thursday, he said he's happy here (as are his family) and would only look to leave if it's clear he's seen as a number 2. 

Blimey! People moan that Smith shows no imagination, he puts out a radically different formation (and the team he think could best execute it), and people pillory him for showing some imagination. We're already relegated; is it really such a calamity to try something different?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Another Tombola machine team selection I see or perhaps a perm any 11 from 16.

We have a number of players out, so I’m not sure there were that many options?  Given many claim not to care, the amount of complaining is interesting, there would be owning whatever XI/formation we went with.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, horsefly said:

Blimey! People moan that Smith shows no imagination, he puts out a radically different formation (and the team he think could best execute it), and people pillory him for showing some imagination. We're already relegated; is it really such a calamity to try something different?

Not with loanees Horsey. What has Springett done wrong except impress?

Why play Gunn,Gilmour and Norman.

We will lose by a hatful.

Should be playing youngsters.

What the hell do you lot want.We are relegated with this team we might as well go out with this team.

What happens if we did play the youngsters and we did lose by a hatful.You lot would go ballistic.

You would find a way to blame the kids,Delia,Smith and Webber.

Its what you bloody well do.Youve been doing it all season.

Call yourselves supporters.Yeh right you are

I'm glad he is at least looking at a back 3 (hopefully in preparation for next season). There are plenty of reasons to at least try it, and I think it suits a lot of our players, how many of those will be here next year I don't know. I get why people want to see the youngsters play but sending them out on a hiding to nothing also won't do them much good either.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Where would he fit in this formation? I don’t think it’s a case of doing anything wrong

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

As I said, I think he's chosen the players he thinks can best execute this particular formation. Neither Springett, Rowe et al, are replacements for Gilmour or Normann in that set up. So you're really saying he shouldn't play this formation.

I can understand the thinking behind this formation, but not the players. Normann + Gilmour has consistently been a rubbish pair in the middle and we never ever control games when they're there.

However, I do believe we will beat either these or Spurs because it would be total nonsense for us to do so. 

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

As I said, I think he's chosen the players he thinks can best execute this particular formation. Neither Springett, Rowe et al, are replacements for Gilmour or Normann in that set up. So you're really saying he shouldn't play this formation.

Yes I am. Why do our academy boys not fit in?

Page 3 and nobody has mentioned Rashica dropping to the bench but after his lacklustre first half effort last week i am not surprised at his absence.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Yes I am. Why do our academy boys not fit in?

They fit into the squad very well, but when we're playing a wing-back formation they clearly aren't going to start. Who knows, we may see the formation transform during the match into a plan B set up.

• Like 1

Commentators have us spot on, literally no one gets up to support Pukki, it's quite pathetic 

Pukki should have scored. Great counter and fluid move. 

Something the match day posters won't like to hear 😅