cambridgeshire canary

You're the new sporting director. You're given 50 million.

So, transfer window for our new championhip season is here. Delia has relented and let you use up to 50 million. (I mean, yes this is never going to happen but this is a hypothetical so..) so, you have the money. Who's staying in the squad and who's to be sold? Who do you want to see brought in? What's the key positions you will focus on?

Given everyone here seems to have their own ideas as to how things should have been or should be run I thought this might be a little be a fun to distract ourselves with  😉

The reality is that it would buy one player who may well be of premier league standard for £20 million and pay for his wages for 4 years (16 to 20 million) + a little left over for a gamble.

50 Million could be useful, I'd rather have it than not, but unfortunately it it is not a transformative amount. 😣

That's why Wacky's suggestion is probably the most sensible.

• Like 1

Pay Knutsen however much is needed to tempt him into coming here, then let him decide which players to release and sign, rather than force him to take whoever I may want.

I'd go and get a young hungry striker from league one or two . A Scott twine maybe. 

Use some of the money to lower ticket prices next season and introduce incentives so if u buy a ticket you get money off in the shop or a free drink etc. Get the fans back on side as happened when Delia first came on board. 

No loan players for the next 2 seasons no matter what league we are in. 

Free scarf on every seat for first home game of next season. 

Pay the monthly subscription for all pink un members for the next 5 years 😃

Most I would spend on a CDM, the rest on a back up CDM and I like raunds idea of the scarves on seats (would only cost around £90K

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd use it to build a new City Stand. That will last 50 years, whereas the players will last three or four.

Absolutely this, and it's what we should have done last summer.

6 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Is that a euphemism 😁

I am leaving it open to interpretation ☺️

Lots of 5ft9 central midfielders with no outstanding attributes but good running and short passing stats, a fullback who can't defend, a couple of signings from Europe who don't initially want to join us because they're scared of the intensity of English football, a winger who is only quick when he doesn't have the ball at his feet and maybe a slow, relatively short CB who thinks he's Gerard Pique to add numbers for when we get our inevitable injury crisis there.

Think that would be a good use of the money and would really show that we've learned our lessons from our last 2 PL seasons. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Absolutely this, and it's what we should have done last summer.

Or even when we had five players at the same time worth over £100m combined (Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Cantwell, Buendia). We received over £70m for three of them but have largely wasted it on players who won't even be here in a couple of years, and we're going to end up in the Championship anyway.

Stick it all on red, which is an infinitely better plan than the one Webber had last summer. 

I'm sure £50 million could get rid of the old lot and buy us a new fanbase.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Stick it all on red, which is an infinitely better plan than the one Webber had last summer. 

Always bet on black.

I'd build a Go-Kart track at Colney....and purchase a baker's dozen top o' the range racing Karts and spare parts....Fun for the lads....

Edited by Mello Yello
  • Like 1

I would buy 62 more Soccerbot360s so that everyone at the club can be passing at computer screens morning noon and night until they can all pass to each other with their eyes closed and standing on their head.

• Haha 1