Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Sam Ryder

Yes, well done Sam. Has given all the Eurovision fanatics hope for the future. Any other year and he would've won....actually no, we'll have pis sed off Europe again by next year.

• Haha 1

Well that was a few hours wasted - at least in terms of any sort of trueĀ competition, the result was all but guaranteed. Ā WellĀ done to UK for finally not finishing nearly last!

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well that was a few hours wasted - at least in terms of any sort of trueĀ competition, the result was all but guaranteed. Ā WellĀ done to UK for finally not finishing nearly last!

Donā€™t be miserable! That was the best year for years.Ā 

Ukraine wins Eurovision shocker!!!!

They had their name onĀ thatĀ trophy the day Putin's boys marchedĀ into the country.

Might as well give them the World Cup too.

6 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Unfortunately it rarely is actually a music contest

I've often thought that but is it more a case that the UK's taste in music is different to mainland Europe? I don't like Europop and I didn't like the UK entry which seemed to me to have been written to appeal to a Europop audience.Ā 

I liked the Moldovan entry which didn't do well but the UK public vote was

1. Ukraine (obviously)Ā 

2. Poland (well done the Polish community šŸ‡µšŸ‡±)Ā 

3. MoldovaĀ 

If the people who decide on the song set out to write a Euro song well done to them. They got it spot on.Ā 

Although I didn't like the music and I don't usually like talent shows I actually enjoyed the night. I must be getting old.....Ā 

Edit - unusual voting patterns identified in 6 countries šŸ¤”

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Good on Ukraine for winning. How anyone could have hoped or expected anything else is beyond me. The fact we came second is truly beyond my comprehension;Ā so used to seeing us in last place. Our song is also a pile of **** so really well done; the power of social media I guess. Also pleased to see Germany and France suffer over their lack of support for Ukraine.Ā 

UK - Europe doesnĀ“t hate you. It never did. ItĀ“s all about having a decent song and good performer. The UK has the best music in the world. I could get a band out of any town in England, even Ipswich (ENT, Stupids), who would put up a good show

Iceland - See that? ThatĀ“s what happens when you donĀ“t send the best band youĀ“ve ever had. RVKDTR have been ripping up Europe for years, and would have smashed Eurovision

Russia - Big mistake not having a Russian entry.Ā ItĀ would have been a perfect platform for PĆŗssyĀ Riot

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

Some quality thread archaeology to exhume this one. Fair play to whoever did it! šŸ˜„

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I could be wrong I could be right.

Lydon lived in Norwich for a while.

Hid dad ( Irish) worked at Bacton gas terminal for a while