Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Luton V Huddersfield Championship play offs

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Luton look like another Barnsley

No, they’re at least trying to play. Barnsley under Ishmael were a rugby league team who almost made you feel sorry for Cooper’s dark arts Swansea. Almost. 

I get the feeling Sargent is going to be a god next year! Big Sarge and Idah up front bullying teams, Tzolis in behind dictating play like a David Silva.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thank you. If people who bet don't understand the term 'more than 2' it's not surprising that the Bet365 lady makes £500m a year! 

1.1 Dylan, another goal before H/T and I called a big one in. 

17 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Was it Farke who wanted shot of Sinani as he felt he was'nt good enough.Then Sargent was incoming.🙈🙈🙈

It’s so frustrating- he is exactly what we are crying out for- and we loaned him out with a cheap sale price. Then brought in worse players on big bucks. Would be funny if it wasn’t to sad 

11 minutes ago, Big O said:

I get the feeling Sargent is going to be a god next year! Big Sarge and Idah up front bullying teams, Tzolis in behind dictating play like a David Silva.

Have you been drinking? 

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Have you been drinking? 

Maybe a couple, does it show? 

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

How is it that Sinani never got near our team but looks one of the best players on this pitch? 

You have to question our scouting when you compare him to the suckers we brought in,

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

You have to question our scouting when you compare him to the suckers we brought in,

His set pieces and crosses are very dangerous. Looks quick and good movement. It’s mind boggling he’s been allowed to leave and players like Plachetta are starting premiership games for us when he couldn’t get in the team last year. 

some of the failings of the summer isn’t just who we signed but who we let leave, Sinani, Hernandez and Vrancic would of all improved out starting 11 for a vast majority of the season 

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

What on earth are you talking about???

It was our scouting which brought Sinani here on a free transfer in the first place. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It was our scouting which brought Sinani here on a free transfer in the first place. 

I think the guy who brought in Sinani left for Boro at the end of last season mate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

OK keep your wig on. Shame Farke/Webber didn't have a bit more faith in him. Huddersfield look set to get a very good player for a modest fee.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

OK keep your wig on. Shame Farke/Webber didn't have a bit more faith in him. Huddersfield look set to get a very good player for a modest fee.

Keiran Scott was the head of recruitment when players like Sinani were signed he left at the end of last season to take up a more senior role at Boro I think more than likely it seems he was the real brains of our recruitment 

I think we’re watching Sinani have a good night, look on their forums and views are mixed with some describing him as invisible for a number of games

14 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think the guy who brought in Sinani left for Boro at the end of last season mate. 

Oh brilliant - so lets get this straight - all the good players were brought in by Keiran Scott and all the rubbish ones by Stuart Webber .................... er right............................. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh brilliant - so lets get this straight - all the good players were brought in by Keiran Scott and all the rubbish ones by Stuart Webber .................... er right............................. 🤣

Ultimately the final say on all players has been by Webber, it’s just the person giving the suggestions from the scouting team that has changed so I would assume the type of players they like and suggest has changed. You could try using your brain and not just being a snark. Or would you say it’s just been coincidental that every signing this summer has been awful yet signings in seasons prior under Scott as head of recruitment signings seemed to contribute a lot more? 

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I would take any of those players over our current crop, all of them performed to a decent standard for us. I know Snodgrass is a bit marmite to some but God is he an improvement (in his prime) on what we…have now…yes imo.

I would have done as well, about 10 years ago 😃

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Classic championship ref.. We won't miss VAR but god do I not look forward to the blind and dumb refs

He's one of the new Premier refs isn't he? 

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Classic championship ref.. We won't miss VAR but god do I not look forward to the blind and dumb refs

I have seen him have a few of our games this season. He’s the one who didn’t give the penalty against Southampton I think it was which got given by var 

Sinani may be hit and miss it you do have to question why, with a player still acclimatising and whose ability we didn’t really know, we gave them an option to buy at what is supposedly a relatively low price.

seems a bit silly. If he’d scored 30 goals he’d probably be worth £20m

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thank you. If people who bet don't understand the term 'more than 2' it's not surprising that the Bet365 lady makes £500m a year! 

Still, good to know Stoke are benefitting so much from having a billionaire owner.