Sign in to follow this  

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I predict a riot when Dean puts that team news out tomorrow. I reckon Pinocchio Williams will be back at Left back and wee Billy getting bullied in midfield as standard. Planning for next season via loan players who will probably be playing against us on loan again this time at a more appropriate level.

What planning do you actually think will get done in these games? I honestly don’t understand what people think is going to be achieved by players in 180 minutes that hasn’t already been decided on for the summer and beyond.

It’s really clear Smiths only direction right now is to get the club the extra millions by getting above Watford if he can, a not insignificant amount of cash given where we are heading.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Woods, Bowen, Culverhouse, Watson, Bruce, Crook, Gordon, Fleck, Fox to name just nine would walk into this team right now. That is  the difference.

Sadly for the Delia 'creationists' life never existed when they proudly wore a City shirt.

20 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:
48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Woods, Bowen, Culverhouse, Watson, Bruce, Crook, Gordon, Fleck, Fox to name just nine would walk into this team right now. That is  the difference.

Sadly for the Delia 'creationists' life never existed when they proudly wore a City shirt.

Sadly for those that are living in the past, the person in charge in that era all but bankrupted the club, needing someone step in with the finances to stabilise it.....DS and MJW.  Things are never just black or white. Chase - or more correctly the club - never had the finances to cope with the PL which was obvious that first PL season. 

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

LMFAO, that lot would not last 60 minutes with modern fitness regimes etc.
Give me a f**kng break.
I swear half our fan base are as bad as the Binners living in the 1970's. We sit there thinking like late 80's early 90's was some golden team. Oh yeh... we beat Munich... i remember how shocked we all were and how badly Munich played as well.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

7 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

LMFAO, that lot would not last 60 minutes with modern fitness regimes etc.
Give me a f**kng break.
I swear half our fan base are as bad as the Binners living in the 1970's. We sit there thinking like late 80's early 90's was some golden team. Oh yeh... we beat Munich... i remember how shocked we all were and how badly Munich played as well.

I kind of am inclined to agree with you on this.

Watching old football today is like watching modern football at 0.5 speed.

sure, the game was way more physical and they might level a few modern footballers in the first 5 minutes but they’d gas out pretty easily within 15/20 mins I reckon.

Edited by The Real Buh

Interesting - it could easily be said that the players of now wouldn’t last 5 minutes on the crap pitches and with the everyday challenges that they now go down screaming in ‘pain’ from.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sadly for those that are living in the past, the person in charge in that era all but bankrupted the club, needing someone step in with the finances to stabilise it.....DS and MJW.  Things are never just black or white. Chase - or more correctly the club - never had the finances to cope with the PL which was obvious that first PL season. 

Thanks for the lecture fella.

On 14/05/2022 at 11:07, keelansgrandad said:

Agreed success wise but for me, DF made it a beautiful game to watch for the whole 90 minutes.

There has never been a better 90 mins played by a Norwich side than away at Munich in the uefa cup

Saw a tweet stating Smith has 0.73 PPG and using it as justification for keeping him in post hahaha!

He cost us points yet again yesterday with his lack of any sort of tactical awareness; reacting to Wolves' change in shape 10 minutes after they equalised. Useless. 

On 13/05/2022 at 16:21, Samwam27 said:

FFS Not another thread to rip another of Dean Smiths sentences to pieces. Well he's also admitted today a key target has to be a Buendia type creative player, as that's been a sore point all season. SO at least he's trying to get more attacking players in. He seems to be suggesting that Pukki, Idah & Sargent are the players he sees scoring goals, but midfield has been woefully short of goals and assist.

I see that as a positive statement of intent. Over to club to arm him with the required ammunition. Oh hang on, Webber said he'd sone that at start of this season! 

Oh dear - Idah and Sargent has the main attack threat - really concerns me- would be nice to see many of the players whom seemed to gave less than they did be let go and start rebuilding with many of the good young players we have already here

Baldy I agree. I hope Pukki stays, but I've love to see someone who can really push Pukki, and that's not Idah, Sargent (or Hugill). Not sure we have the cash to invest up front though.

On the bright side Normann & Gilmour have added nothing, literally nothing all season, and if we can find some fresh blood once can only hope the midfield will be much more competitive and creative next season.

At least Rowe & Springett have shown we have some exciting talent coming through the youth ranks, and can put pressure on our attacking ranks