Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Todays presser:"we have the advantage of knowing where we are next season,we can plan early"..........dear god!!!

Didn't we know early last year that we were promoted, didn't speed up our incoming transfers. He certainly doesn't inspire much confidence.

• Like 3

We can’t plan early as Webber is ****ing off in June, climbing again!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why’s this a problem?  It’s definitely true!

Unlucky Everton, Burnley & Leeds we know we won't be in the prem next season so we have one up on you 🤣.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

Unlucky Everton, Burnley & Leeds we know we won't be in the prem next season so we have one up on you 🤣.

Precisely 🙂.  

We certainly know we don’t have to sign any of our amazing loan-to-buy players!

Edited by Branston Pickle

Some people seem to jump on any slightest thing Dean Smith says.... taking my inspiration from others on this board.. do they have an agenda?

🤪

• Haha 1

What are we expecting him to say exactly?

'Well we're already down, it's a bit **** and the supporters should stay indoors all weekend having a strop'

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

"I feel that we've got bodies here that can score goals".

Add to this, swapping Normann and Gilmour for a couple of zombies should help the goal contributions from midfield.

Apples

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Which cupboard at Colney are they being kept in?

If you are going to take a quote, please don't leave out the important piece - “I feel that we've got bodies here that can score goals. Creating them is certainly an area where we need to bring in people

I agree with him, we have goalscorers, but our creativity is carp. That is as important to improve as much as getting that elusive defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why’s this a problem?  It’s definitely true!

It's a problem because we have been told repeatedly by Webber in the past that they plan well in advance (i.e. certainly before now) and often for two different scenarios when it hasn't yet become clear which league we will be playing in so the fact that we now where we will be next season doesn't really help at all because we should already have a plan for playing in the Championship next season in place.

In truth, for this particular season we should have planned for the possibility of relegation right from the outset, and actually much of what Webber said last summer seemed to indicate that we had - all that guff about us signing young players with great potential that weren't expected to have an immediate impact but would greatly strengthen the squad in the long term. Yes, those same youngsters who within a few weeks morphed into players which Farke wasn't geting the best out of. Of course that hopeless Fake also didn't get the best out of our non-existent CDM who was (supposedly) the number 1 priority in last summer's plan!!

So for DS to make that comment now suggests that Webber has been telling us complete **** about this as well as complete **** we now he kept telling us about succession planning for staff, viz. the Head Coach.

The best plan for us now IMO, would be for the Board to dispense with both Webber and DS and start again because I don't believe that either of them have the ability to turn around the shambles they have turned us into this season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

If you are going to take a quote, please don't leave out the important piece - “I feel that we've got bodies here that can score goals. Creating them is certainly an area where we need to bring in people

I agree with him, we have goalscorers, but our creativity is carp. That is as important to improve as much as getting that elusive defensive midfielder.

Its easy to forget we still have Cantwell on the books, although given him going AWOL at the start of the season, and then sent out on loan (which hasn't been a huge success) I don't imagine we will see him in a Norwich shirt again, which is a great shame and also a big hole ine squad.

Josh Martin and Dowell both look to have plenty of ability but have never really had a serious run in the first time to establish whether they can cut it or not - certainly Dowell I would imagine will be looking to move somewhere in the summer which offers him more chance of playing especially if DS is still here (likewise Sorensen).

From what I've heard/seen from DS I don't think creatively is particularly high up on his list of priorities and well behind some thugs that can run flat out all afternoon.

15 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

It's a problem because we have been told repeatedly by Webber in the past that they plan well in advance (i.e. certainly before now) and often for two different scenarios when it hasn't yet become clear which league we will be playing in so the fact that we now where we will be next season doesn't really help at all because we should already have a plan for playing in the Championship next season in place.

In truth, for this particular season we should have planned for the possibility of relegation right from the outset, and actually much of what Webber said last summer seemed to indicate that we had - all that guff about us signing young players with great potential that weren't expected to have an immediate impact but would greatly strengthen the squad in the long term. Yes, those same youngsters who within a few weeks morphed into players which Farke wasn't geting the best out of. Of course that hopeless Fake also didn't get the best out of our non-existent CDM who was (supposedly) the number 1 priority in last summer's plan!!

So for DS to make that comment now suggests that Webber has been telling us complete **** about this as well as complete **** we now he kept telling us about succession planning for staff, viz. the Head Coach.

The best plan for us now IMO, would be for the Board to dispense with both Webber and DS and start again because I don't believe that either of them have the ability to turn around the shambles they have turned us into this season.

He’s talking about planning with certainty. I mean you have a plan ahead of time for both scenarios (staying up or relegation)  as both are possible but you don’t start taking concrete actions (I.e bringing back and looking at loan players) until you know which scenario will happen.

This would be the totally normal way to plan for any range of events. People are looking for things to moan about here, this is not a problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

He’s talking about planning with certainty. I mean you have a plan ahead of time for both scenarios (staying up or relegation)  as both are possible but you don’t start taking concrete actions (I.e bringing back and looking at loan players) until you know which scenario will happen.

This would be the totally normal way to plan for any range of events. People are looking for things to moan about here, this is not a problem.

Precisely,

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

We've know since around October where we'd be next season

No we haven't. There have been opportunities all along the way to get points - and we've come close to picking up more points an several occasions, which could have changed our fortune and changed the season. We didn't take them, but the opportunities were there. No team is relegated in October.

• Haha 2

Saints preserve us. 
Half a yard off the pace Pukkki 

Bambi on ice Sargent

Sicknote Idah

Smith thinks these will set the Championship on fire next season. 

I thought we were giving Smith a chance to bring in players to build a team. Does he know who he wants? 

Go now Smith and save us the pain

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FFS

This time last year we knew exactly where we would be playing and look what happened there! We still didn't have the personnel in time for the new season.

No point in starting Gilmour then!

1 hour ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

I knew Sargent was injured but I didn't think he was 'a body'. I saw Idah walking to the ground last week, so he's definitely not one of them.

26 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Of course it is and that isn't the problem.

The problem is DS saying that us knowing where we are going to be next season gives us an 'advantage' because we can plan 'early'   which makes little sense to me and implies we've done **** all planing so far.

Either way, with only one relegation spot in the EPL and the Championship playoffs to be decided, nearly every one of our competition next season also already knows where they are going to be so where exactly does our 'advantage' lie and in what way are we 'early' compared to the rest of next year's Championship?

Actually you are right that people are looking for reasons to moan, and that is because some people (including apparently Webber, DS & the board) as well as some fans seem to think that Webber & DS should continue to be employed by the club after this season ends - I don't and it seems as though a substantial proportion of NCFC supporters are of a similar mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Didn't we know early last year that we were promoted, didn't speed up our incoming transfers. He certainly doesn't inspire much confidence.

It sort of did... we had Rashica come in straight away.

It also looks like, according to Michael Bailey, that we tried to do a hell of a lot more but couldn't pull it off financially. In fact, if that article says anything it's that we spent to much time and effort trying to land targets that were likely to be a lot harder to land. Again, harking back to Karsa who was behind many of the Lambert era signings, we probably should have put more stock into that "young and hungry" as well as "inbetweenie" mantra. 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Exactly this. Good contingency planning covers all eventualities. The financial difference of being in the Premier League as opposed to the Championship is a big one when it comes to scouting players, but it does mean we'll be less attractive to some who really only want to play in the Premier.

Also, it's a press conference. Why would anyone listen to what is being said in one and try to glean actual insight into what is or isn't going on behind the scenes. 

2 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Buried in the vegetable patch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Its easy to forget we still have Cantwell on the books, although given him going AWOL at the start of the season, and then sent out on loan (which hasn't been a huge success) I don't imagine we will see him in a Norwich shirt again, which is a great shame and also a big hole ine squad.

Josh Martin and Dowell both look to have plenty of ability but have never really had a serious run in the first time to establish whether they can cut it or not - certainly Dowell I would imagine will be looking to move somewhere in the summer which offers him more chance of playing especially if DS is still here (likewise Sorensen).

From what I've heard/seen from DS I don't think creatively is particularly high up on his list of priorities and well behind some thugs that can run flat out all afternoon.

If we were looking to give Martin and Dowell a serious run in the first team we would be looking to avoid relegation next season rather than pushing for promotion.

These are two of the many midfield/wingers that are surplus to requirements that we will find difficult to move on.

• Like 1

FFS Not another thread to rip another of Dean Smiths sentences to pieces. Well he's also admitted today a key target has to be a Buendia type creative player, as that's been a sore point all season. SO at least he's trying to get more attacking players in. He seems to be suggesting that Pukki, Idah & Sargent are the players he sees scoring goals, but midfield has been woefully short of goals and assist.

I see that as a positive statement of intent. Over to club to arm him with the required ammunition. Oh hang on, Webber said he'd sone that at start of this season!