Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Any danger of losing Pukki to National Service?

I watched a BBC video yesterday about the huge size (relative to population) of the Finnish Army (including reserves), they can call on almost as much manpower as the UK and this is because there is mandatory national service for all adult males, usually 12 months. Many females opt in voluntarily to complete this too.

Apparently 80% of Finnish men have started and finished their national service before the age of 30. Only, I can't find any evidence anywhere that Pukki has done his yet. You don't get a free pass for being a footballer or a celebrity, so it looks like he still owes a year to military service. That's a worrying thought isn't it, with how crucial he is to our promotion prospects at a time when Finland is getting worried! 

Given we just signed a fairly open ended security guarantee with Finland, I'd say if Pukki gets called up then we will probably have more to worry about than where our goals are going to come from.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Grando said:

If he does can we send Todd in his place?

That'll go well.

"No, Todd. You can't tweet about this or put it on Instagram. Now go secure that hill!"

• Haha 2

If the Pukster were to be called up for military duty for Finland....There will probably be a big fall-out.....a nuclear one.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

That'll go well.

"No, Todd. You can't tweet about this or put it on Instagram. Now go secure that hill!"

Mind you, that's kinda what they are doing in Ukraine.

"Todd, TODD! Why did you stop?!!"
"I found a cute puppy, I had to insta it!"
<types on image 'you know, when you know'>

Meanwhile on pinkun forum:
"ITS A CRYPTIC TWEET!"
"SOMEONE TELL HIM HIS HAIR NEEDS A CUT!"
"HE'S PROBABLY GAY!"

🙄

• Haha 2

Most males here in Finland carry out 7-11 months of National service at the age of 18, the other option is a longer period of community service. I assume Teemu will of completed his NS at the age of 18. If we are invaded by Russia then in theory he could be called up to defend the country as a reservist. Lets hope this will not be needed. In the event of war all males aged 18-65 may be eligible for call up with those  who have already carried out the basic military service being the first to be drafted after the full time service men and women. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

With his accuracy this season,  I doubt they'll want him! 

So true, with goal conversion rate being 1% lower than Salah, he has really had a woeful accuracy. Should immediately terminate his contract as Pool should do with Salah as well.. Or Spurs with Kane who has even 5% lower conversion rate than Pukki. Who would want a striker with rates like that!

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hepphep said:

So true, with goal conversion rate being 1% lower than Salah, he has really had a woeful accuracy. Should immediately terminate his contract as Pool should do with Salah as well.. Or Spurs with Kane who has even 5% lower conversion rate than Pukki. Who would want a striker with rates like that!

Yeah you're right. I guess my total disappointment with the squad is not justified to Pukki. He is better than this team made him seem. 

• Like 1