Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Soccerbot

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Has it even been switched on yet? Thankfully we are getting a new swimming pool so though so I'm sure that will do the trick

What, chuck it in the pool? 

4 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Well, the Soccerbot looks like money well spent.

😂

Awesome.. wait until we have the £6 swimming pool... Could we combine the both?

Goes to show no matter how good your training facilities are, it makes no difference if the players are sh*t to begin with.

• Like 1

Reminds me what a youth coach said to me years ago

" that boy over there can juggle the football and do all the fancy tricks but can not play football on a pitch to save his life "

Although I maybe swimming against the tide here I will defend soccerbot.

The club is trying to position itself as somewhere players improve particularly young players. (Yes I know).

It is hard to sell the club as that if the training ground is a bunch of portacabins and some ploughed fields. That is where soccerbot and the pool come in.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The club is trying to position itself as somewhere players improve particularly young players. (Yes I know).

It is hard to sell the club as that if the training ground is a bunch of portacabins and some ploughed fields. That is where soccerbot and the pool come in.

Exactly my thinking. My first thoughts were "have the likes of Rowe, Springett etc. been using it?"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Awesome.. wait until we have the £6 swimming pool... Could we combine the both?

A new leisure centre for the masses!

5 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I think that players come to a club if a) firstly, if you pay them enough b) we have potential to be successful and c) if we are successful.

1 minute ago, yellow_belly said:

I think that players come to a club if a) firstly, if you pay them enough b) we have potential to be successful and c) if we are successful.

I think it is more of if you are showing a 14 year old round the club with his parents who has choice of multiple academies across the south east of the country…..

50 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I think it is more of if you are showing a 14 year old round the club with his parents who has choice of multiple academies across the south east of the country…..

Fair enough, I see where you are coming from.

Now, that other elephant in the corner, the extension / replacement of the City Stand.  Surely that is a put off for most people? Given where the current environment at the Carra has reached an [all-time] low, can I suggest that moving forward with extension / replacement of the City Stand (properly financed of course so as not to impact on the playing squad) might just give everybody a lift and allow everyone to look forward to the future, irrespective of whether this is with Webber or not?  It'll give Ms Ward summat to focus on in his absence.

[Okay there will be innumerable old bor's who'll moan about being relocated to the South Stand but Tilly hasn't got that long to moan about it so .... 🙂😉 ]

Isn't the Soccerbot used in youth development more? it's a very weird thing to take issue with. Especially when it's clear you have no idea what role it has in player development and how long it takes to effectively improve a player.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Isn't the Soccerbot used in youth development more? it's a very weird thing to take issue with. Especially when it's clear you have no idea what role it has in player development and how long it takes to effectively improve a player.

Yeah, the main function is the cognitive development of young players over a medium to long period of time. Who knows if it's a gimmick or will actually be worth the money but the theory behind it seems sound. Of course, it's low hanging fruit so the Pinkun fires away.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Just stick thought a and copy and paste 3 times. Money makes the world go round. 

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yeah, the main function is the cognitive development of young players over a medium to long period of time. Who knows if it's a gimmick or will actually be worth the money but the theory behind it seems sound. Of course, it's low hanging fruit so the Pinkun fires away.

Exactly. It features as regularly part of training to focus on specific player blind spots over a period of time. You don’t ‘do a soccerbot’ on Wednesday and it changes your game for Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, priceyrice said:

The thing cost several million so I think it's a valid question. 

I remember a figure of £750K being quoted at the time!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, priceyrice said:

The thing cost several million so I think it's a valid question. 

It cost 250K to set up and with licences, consultancy and maintenance, the full cost could be 750k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again if the state of the art facilities mean the next James Maddison, Todd Cantwell etc.. chooses us over Spurs or Arsenal then it has paid for itself…..

• Like 1

Its part of our new world that revolves around Data. 
the Data that says Kenny is our best midfielder and that latest wonderful data expected goals🤬

football is 1 team putting the ball in another team’s goal not he ran further than him or he was expected to score 1.4 goals. what is .4 of a goal?

fitness and technique win out everyday not some computergame to wow kids

44 minutes ago, percy varco said:

the Data that says Kenny is our best midfielder and that latest wonderful data expected goals🤬

football is 1 team putting the ball in another team’s goal not he ran further than him or he was expected to score 1.4 goals. what is .4 of a goal?

What data says that Kenny is our best midfielder? 

Also your understanding of expected goals seems quite a way off.

4 hours ago, percy varco said:

Yep. Let's just reject all modernisation while our competitors find more ways to find marginal gains. Just get them running up that hill and switch back to 4-4-2.

Why are people so threatened by science? It's baffling.

• Like 3

If Brentford had one everyone would be asking why we hadn’t invested in one and saying how we were behind other teams. Can’t win, literally at the moment 😁

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

If Brentford had one everyone would be asking why we hadn’t invested in one and saying how we were behind other teams. Can’t win, literally at the moment 😁

Can’t even draw Frank, I’d take a point out the last 2 matches.