Sign in to follow this  
CardiffCanary

Matthias Norman

Embodies everything that was wrong with this season.  Like Gilmour (also crap) came with a big reputation… Played well a few times, got injured, completely invisible now…. return to sender.

Great long throw 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CardiffCanary said:

Embodies everything that was wrong with this season.  Like Gilmour (also crap) came with a big reputation… Played well a few times, got injured, completely invisible now…. return to sender.

Great long throw 🤣

It all went wrong when he went from platinum blonde to brunette. His power evaporated 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, CardiffCanary said:

Great long throw 🤣

After injury, he returned to a manager who played him in a different role, and didn’t give him the attacking freedom he’d enjoyed previously, therein lies the problem. See also Max Aarons.

• Thanks 3

I was wondering if the injury was a bit of a cover story. He seemed the last few games he played to have chucked it tbh.

Edited by Jambomo

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

After injury, he returned to a manager who played him in a different role, and didn’t give him the attacking freedom he’d enjoyed previously, therein lies the problem. See also Max Aarons.

Something of a problem being as he was the closest thing we had to a defensive midfielder. 

Webber really did mess the midfield up this season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Something of a problem being as he was the closest thing we had to a defensive midfielder. 

Quite right, not one of them has had a 6/10 season. They do all compliment each other though in being consistently crap. 

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Don't forget the defence! We cheaped out in getting Ajer beacause we did not want to pay a little extra on the wages or just a few extra million and well, look at him now looking like a top defender at Brentford. Where are they again? 13th? oh well- At least we got Kabak instead!🙃 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can you blame him?

If the atmosphere at Colney under Webber is so toxic that he'd rather return to Rostov to live under the bosom of Putin's Russia, then I'm seriously worried. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

After failing to land any of his defensive midfield targets, Webber took the plunge with an already injured Normann. Another appalling piece of business. The sooner Webber the earlier we, as a club can start to move forward. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can you blame him?

Yes. He’s been as much a part of the problem as anyone else, missing half the season and then invisible when he has played since coming back. At least the rest are turning up and at least trying to put in a performance till the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

After failing to land any of his defensive midfield targets, Webber took the plunge with an already injured Normann. Another appalling piece of business. The sooner Webber the earlier we, as a club can start to move forward. 

I get the frustration, but landing preferred players is a major problem for Webber.  We don’t offer the same salary as others which I think is more the factor than the purchase price, we were not (at the time) certain of staying up, we are not a big club, we are not based in a major city / area like London, North West which is attractive to perhaps most younger players…..and all this trying to balance the books.  He’s a tough job in my view and overall while we have been massively uncompetitive again, the financial risk taken has been relatively small specifically to the loan players. So we need more dosh to attract the quality that is certainly out there, that remains our Achilles heel as forever debated amongst these pages. 
Plus a slice of luck, like Pukki, we’ve seen little (well none!) of that this season.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If the atmosphere at Colney under Webber is so toxic that he'd rather return to Rostov to live under the bosom of Putin's Russia, then I'm seriously worried. 

If ifs and buts were coconuts...

8 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

I get the frustration, but landing preferred players is a major problem for Webber.  We don’t offer the same salary as others which I think is more the factor than the purchase price, we were not (at the time) certain of staying up, we are not a big club, we are not based in a major city / area like London, North West which is attractive to perhaps most younger players…..and all this trying to balance the books.  He’s a tough job in my view and overall while we have been massively uncompetitive again, the financial risk taken has been relatively small specifically to the loan players. So we need more dosh to attract the quality that is certainly out there, that remains our Achilles heel as forever debated amongst these pages. 
Plus a slice of luck, like Pukki, we’ve seen little (well none!) of that this season.  

Alas, somebody with some actual sense

1 hour ago, Danbury Yellow said:

If you read Michael Bailey’s piece, he pinpoints wages and a failure to pay the going rate (preferring to wait for a discount) as the key reason we lost out on our first-choice targets last summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Agreed

He wasn’t even that good when he was “good”. Hopefully he has already gone. He’ll never play in the premier league again.

• Like 3

In fairness when he came in he played with that 'who are you and why should I care' bullish approach last seen in the Lambert years. He was pulling out tricks and doing keepy-uppies mid game, full of confidence.

When he returned from injury he definitely showing the same signs of PLTSD as in a lot of our squad, and looked half fit. Probably had a bit on his mind as presumably his country of permanent residence is currently at war, too.

Can't really say its worked out for either party 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

If you read Michael Bailey’s piece, he pinpoints wages and a failure to pay the going rate (preferring to wait for a discount) as the key reason we lost out on our first-choice targets last summer.

Yep. Perhaps because we can’t afford first choice selection which perhaps, as we all know is the major problem. 

The biggest problem is that, as much as I have criticised Kenny McLean he's been our best midfielder 

He's limited, generally does a head in hands moment every game but no one works as hard as he does and he's the only player I ever hear shouting and having a go at others

7 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

There were a few tweets going around saying he's already left the club.

Oh dear what a pity 

8 hours ago, CardiffCanary said:

Great long throw 🤣

But Unlike Gilmour at least he played well a few times 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

There were a few tweets going around saying he's already left the club.

They are wrong. He lives opposite. I saw him putting his bin out the other day and his cars still there now and there are lights on.

3 hours ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Yep. Perhaps because we can’t afford first choice selection which perhaps, as we all know is the major problem. 

The Bailey article says that we are paying Normann about the same as the first choice anyway (forget his name began with an A).

This suggests that the real problem was not the wage amount itself (about £60,000, which we pay a few others) but rather it was the the relegation wage reduction. Obviously with a loan the reduction doesn't apply.

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

They are wrong. He lives opposite. I saw him putting his bin out the other day and his cars still there now and there are lights on.

Oooooooh what is he wearing? 

• Haha 1