Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Stuart Webber - Stay or Go?

Webber Stay or Go? (Poll)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should Stuart Webber remain at the club this Summer?

• Stay
    • Go

I'm really not sure that 88 people (as of now) agreeing that he should go is truly representative. If it was 65% of 20,000 season ticket holders it would have more impact, but I doubt it is anywhere near that. Play well on Sunday, even in defeat, add a couple of signings, win the first game next season and he'll be top man again.

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

I notice that every poll consistently has SW Go!!! @ 65-75%

I'm surprised it isn't 90%

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I'm really not sure that 88 people (as of now) agreeing that he should go is truly representative. If it was 65% of 20,000 season ticket holders it would have more impact, but I doubt it is anywhere near that. Play well on Sunday, even in defeat, add a couple of signings, win the first game next season and he'll be top man again.

I don't agree with you at all about this. It's not just that he's failed this season - I think fans would forgive this if we get off to a good start next season - it's the fact that he has treated fans like they are dogsh*t on his mountaineering boots. 

• Like 1

He doesn't even want the job. He has stated he is going to move on. Lets help him now and give the job to someone who really wants it.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I'm not convinced we are. We're back in the championship again, with sellable assets, as we were when he arrived. 

But the McNally reign that he followed was also a successful one, we may be in the same position but with stronger facilities & debt free now.   So still an improvement even if you want to view it less than positive.

What this does show is that by recycling you end up relatively in the same place in a footballing sense - surely that supports sticking with the project and continuing to build on it?

I don't think we'll be so lucky if we twist once more.  Moreso, I don't know who'll be tasked with finding a replacement for Webber, or indeed if we stick with the model. 

On 13/05/2022 at 18:52, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Poor analogy.

Very, very different times between now and the Bond years.

I'm trying to point out that we have always been a smaller club but we've had managers in he past who have been able to build a team that can box above our weight, using the limited resources available. Usually by acquiring bargain basement players and motivating them. Of course it takes a special manager to do that  - something Webber is not.