Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Stuart Webber - Stay or Go?

Webber Stay or Go? (Poll)  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Should Stuart Webber remain at the club this Summer?

• Stay
    • Go

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’ve voted for him to stay, still believe the problem is higher up than him

Exactly, no matter who replaces Webber we've reached our ceiling under Delia's ownership. It's time for her to go. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Do we really go into next season hoping and praying that we do not get promotion. It feels like that is best option, Players have to play to win. Delia and Michael have done so much our Club. They must feel the pain. But to succeed in The Prem, extra funding is required. It is a necessity. Likewise, Stuart Webber has recruited some good players. This season, recruitment was poor. The season has been a awful watch. like so many of you, the end of the season cannot come soon enough. Really hope The Board are hurting as much as the Fans. It cannot get any worse...............................Can it ?............  Would not be surprised if Stuart Webber resigned

As stated on the other thread 

I think he needs removing from recruitment but think his overall work is decent. I also think it’s too convenient to turn him into the scapegoat given that the real problem, no matter how much some don’t want to admit it, is the ownership. 

I think when someone asks for an extended holiday for mountain climbing they have lost their enthusiasm. I'd get rid of him for even asking.

One of the troubles with Smith is that she seems to struggle with keeping a personal detachment from the club's employees. 

Obviously we're not going to have the funds to survive in the Premier League with the current ownership but just suggesting that the owners sell isn't really helpful. Who to? The only ones I've heard mentioned weren't the answer. Rich but nowhere near rich enough. 

Aston Villa, Leeds, Everton, Southampton and Burnley have all had changes of ownership in the recent past. Three of those 5 have spent fortunes to no avail. Not really gone well has it?

I've previously estimated a spend of £500m to buy the club and possibly keep it in the Premier League for 3 years but there is no guarantee of survival. 

What people don't seem to be able to get their heads round is that sometimes there simply is no solution to a problem and we just have to accept our lot in life however unpalatable it may be. That I fear is what we have here. I'm not aware of any billionaires that support Norwich City and the current owners have been quite clear that they won't sell to the likes of Mike Ashley or the Saudis. I doubt they actually want to sell at all but like everyone else I don't really know. 

I think the halfway house is to replace Webber but the number of people that can do that job well is tiny. Without being rude I don't think Neil Adams falls into that category although I'm sure he has his talents. 

The only light I can see is the rich 7 joining a European Super League and a dose of realistic and enforceable FFP for the clubs that are left behind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The only light I can see is the rich 7 joining a European Super League and a dose of realistic and enforceable FFP for the clubs that are left behind. 

This is the dream, except I'd go further than enforceable FFP and have a full on salary cap.

• Like 1

Stay but he needs to come out, take responsibility for what he has got wrong and assure the fans that hes committed to completing what he started.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

This is the dream, except I'd go further than enforceable FFP and have a full on salary cap.

I seem to remember that EFL clubs challenged a salary cap in the courts and were successful. 

@Badger is well researched in that area. 

5 minutes ago, NR32-Yellow said:

Stay but he needs to come out, take responsibility for what he has got wrong

But we don't know what his remit was, or seen the journey of these players realised as yet.

He's not got ultimate power on the club and can dictate finances - and the board objectively do not want mercenaries at this club and would always support longer term youthful investments which is what he's done.

Unless his aim was survival at all costs, I'm not sure what he needs to apologise for.  He's transformed the mentality and facilities here, we've just failed to compete in a multi-billion league, but he's ensured there's a tomorrow(?).

Thanks for what you have done (And indeed that has been brilliant up to this season) but you dont really want  the job now and we need someone fully committed not 90% and changes are needed.

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think when someone asks for an extended holiday for mountain climbing they have lost their enthusiasm. I'd get rid of him for even asking.

One of the troubles with Smith is that she seems to struggle with keeping a personal detachment from the club's employees. 

Obviously we're not going to have the funds to survive in the Premier League with the current ownership but just suggesting that the owners sell isn't really helpful. Who to? The only ones I've heard mentioned weren't the answer. Rich but nowhere near rich enough. 

Aston Villa, Leeds, Everton, Southampton and Burnley have all had changes of ownership in the recent past. Three of those 5 have spent fortunes to no avail. Not really gone well has it?

I've previously estimated a spend of £500m to buy the club and possibly keep it in the Premier League for 3 years but there is no guarantee of survival. 

What people don't seem to be able to get their heads round is that sometimes there simply is no solution to a problem and we just have to accept our lot in life however unpalatable it may be. That I fear is what we have here. I'm not aware of any billionaires that support Norwich City and the current owners have been quite clear that they won't sell to the likes of Mike Ashley or the Saudis. I doubt they actually want to sell at all but like everyone else I don't really know. 

I think the halfway house is to replace Webber but the number of people that can do that job well is tiny. Without being rude I don't think Neil Adams falls into that category although I'm sure he has his talents. 

Anyone particular in mind with that quote, Dylan?

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

we need someone fully committed not 90% and changes are needed

You can't dedicate 100% of your life to work, it's immoral to expect that from someone and would only leave you exhausted and incapable anyway.

i.e. Work smarter, not harder.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Go = aka the new era of Neil Adams & Nephew Tom. 

People are increasingly considering this to be worth a punt.

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think it was tongue in cheek… but you never know; this could be the dream ticket! 

On a previous thread I said Webber should stay for one more season because he has a good track record in the Championship.

But now seeing how this season has finished, I don't want us to get promoted under Webber ever again. Because who wants another season of humiliation in the Premier League?

This is a strange position to be in.

• Sad 1

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

On a previous thread I said Webber should stay for one more season because he has a good track record in the Championship.

But now seeing how this season has finished, I don't want us to get promoted under Webber ever again. Because who wants another season of humiliation in the Premier League?

This is a strange position to be in.

Plus I couldn’t take his arrogance if he got us promoted again. Let him go whilst his stock is low.

2 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Worthington.

1 hour ago, yellow_belly said:

Plus I couldn’t take his arrogance if he got us promoted again. Let him go whilst his stock is low.

🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♂️ Norwich City football club is the priority always has been and always will be.

Just go please. We'll manage. Egos are easily replaced.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." 

He’s got to stay.  In fairness, the club being top half of the championship is punching above its weight.  You have to go down as far as Shrewsbury to find a club with a similar sized net worth owner.  So in my opinion, he’s doing an incredible job, if you consider the reality of the mental state of financials within the top flight, we need more cash. Simple, but not simple! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crab man said:

Exactly, no matter who replaces Webber we've reached our ceiling under Delia's ownership. It's time for her to go. 

And get who? Some yank business tycoon who has no affinity or affection to the club? Bumps up ticket and merchandise prices? Be careful what you wish for. 

More money doesn’t just solve everything and recruitment isn’t just like Football Manager. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

And get who? Some yank business tycoon who has no affinity or affection to the club? Bumps up ticket and merchandise prices? Be careful what you wish for. 

More money doesn’t just solve everything and recruitment isn’t just like Football Manager. 

Fear of the unknown isn’t a good enough reason not to roll the dice when it is obvious you are falling behind 

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sensible solution.

Everything else is pipe dreams.

On balance we are where we should be based on our historical level, if not a bit higher. A very rich sugar daddy might put us up a level but I'm not counting on it.

Our cup will always be half empty, but no change there.

OTBC.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Obviously one springs to mind but we're all human. I recently went to Delia's Restaurant and she was sharing a table with Webber and wife. Sorry, but that just doesn't work 

Has to go with Farke returning as head coach and Chris Hughton as DoF

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️ Norwich City football club is the priority always has been and always will be.

Just go please. We'll manage. Egos are easily replaced.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." 

Sorry.., I are you having a go at me and suggesting that I commit suicide. If so, that is rather distasteful and you really are a (nasty) twit. 

3 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

Sorry.., I are you having a go at me and suggesting that I commit suicide. If so, that is rather distasteful and you really are a (nasty) twit. 

I think what I say is all about the man WEBBER  YB.

He's the ego. He's the one who should walk.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." 

And he has in my opinion ok. Hope that has clarified my position to regards the man. The myth. The genius.

• Thanks 1