Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Rob Green's article

“As a manager you do things that you think are right at the time. He''d probably say he''s doing the same things as in the previous two years. Yes, we got relegated last year and it was a step into the unknown, but there were a lot of positives to take from the season. But I am sure he feels he is doing the same as he has done since he took over and it hasn''t happened so far this season.”

Seems to imply worthy isnt trying anything new to rectify the problem - no surprises there from our imaginative leader.

“It''s ironic that ever since the noticeable protests outside the ground of more than 10 people we have won three on the bounce, scored seven and conceded one, which was a free kick,” he said. “If they could turn up at away games that would be a great help.”

It would be helpful if Greeno and his playing chums actually turned up at away games before he asks protesters to come along. Perhaps he should realise that many of those protesting go to the away games, which is much of the reason why the protests are happening in spite of the 3 dire home wins.

Also did you here his post match interview where he said "well we went out to win the game which is what the supporters want...  I think"

I Think!!  , well I think greeny has been looking on the message boards and this is a direct comment because he has seen the MANY posts advocating losing so that worthy is sacked.

“It''s ironic that ever since the noticeable protests outside the ground of more than 10 people we have won three on the bounce, scored seven and conceded one, which was a free kick,” he said. “If they could turn up at away games that would be a great help.”

So what Greeno is saying is that the players are now more motivated by proving the protesters wrong than by what the manager says!?!  Time to protest at every game then if it means we win!  [;)][:D]

heard greeno on radio broadland suggesting all the players were 100% behind worthington.  trouble is for me, it doesn''t look that way on the pitch.  the first half against a sorry stoke team (1 win in 10) was boring frankly and we did no more than match them. stoke were worse than brighton, who at least were playing for their lives, russell was perhaps there best player - who wouldn''t even get into worthy''s side probably. Why was it then we scaped home after nearly conceding in the 89th minute?  We should be stuffing these teams out of sight, shouldn''t we? on 35 mins, fans were streaming out to the bars where we sit in lower barclay, right under wallers nose in the radio norfolk commentary box.  Considering its a favourite soundbite of his, ''fans streaming towards the exits'' - usually said on 85mins+   did anyone hear him report this obvious fact on the radio? at least the players have stopped talking about the play-offs now.  make no mistake though, if we gain a draw or win against leeds or sheff.utd they will start harping on about gaining promotion next year - platform to build on etc.

no zipper, stop looking for conspiracies! he''s just saying that when

the protesters show up before the home games we win and that if they

did the same at the away games we might win them too!

Not sure we should be stuffing them but the quality of movement, passing and tactics again were too poor for the overall ability of the squad against the performance that Stoke put out - if we cant get a comfortable home win against stoke we are unlikely to have another comfortable hom win all season;

We should have been able to play fluid football against Stoke yet were limited to too many long balls to strikers who had no support when they got hold of the ball. 

At this level effort and passion are not enough; tactics and quality football are also needed.

but isnt it Motivation that wins games... and isnt it the managers job to motivate Away as well as at Home..

Greeno isnt a stupid Boy but surely have a think before u open ur motuh lad!

as for Greeno saying about us winning bla bla... its all well and good.. but even he must relaise that against mediocre teams we might just scrap it and get lucky, like we did on saturday.. but against Leeds this week if we play liek that then Greeno should have his weetabix before the game to save the shots...

either that or change his name to "shirley" because his head will be in the net alot..... when he bends down to fish the ball out of it....

i know a good chiropractor greeno!

I dont want us to lose but lets face it, the way we played Saturday, and VS palace, a defeat is far more likely than a win!

jas :)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Not sure we should be stuffing them but the quality of movement, passing and tactics again were too poor for the overall ability of the squad against the performance that Stoke put out - if we cant get a comfortable home win against stoke we are unlikely to have another comfortable hom win all season;

We should have been able to play fluid football against Stoke yet were limited to too many long balls to strikers who had no support when they got hold of the ball. 

At this level effort and passion are not enough; tactics and quality football are also needed.

[/quote]take your point about the general level of play.  my point is -  this season is history.  i''m looking to next season and if we want to gain promotion then be should be stuffing sides like stoke, just as preston did to us at home - they looked the biz and we never got near them - although we have a sronger side in place now, on the basis of saturday''s performance, they would have beaten us easily again, make no mistake!

Is there a historical reason why Green seems to be the team''s defacto press person? Id have thought that''d be the Captain''s job, but Green seems to be the guy to go to for quotes, stories, match previews, what have you.

Maybe, just maybe, Greeno was being a bit dry. Perhaps we shouldn''t take this quote too literally and accept that sometimes people try to make a joke....