Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

New Manager

On 12/05/2022 at 07:48, Capt. Pants said:

I am totally underwhelmed by a Smith on many fronts. I think there is a real danger Pukki will say enough is enough and consider moves elsewhere, he was a forlorn figure 2nd half, barely touched the ball. 

Give Smith until October and if we aren't top 6 then sack him. 

Smith joined us too soon from Villa. It's too cosy, too convenient. Typical Norwich.

Fair but who would you have instead - on the basis of affordable, available, experienced?

Well Ian culverhouse has just left Kettering over disagreements with the owner . Mainly over playing style. Ketterings pitch is not suitable for the possession based style that our ex sweeper wanted to implement

After watching Luton last night, and reading about the club on the Beeb sports pages today, I wouldn't be opposed to Nathan Jones as our next manager. He has got Luton playing a good brand of football and they have had an amazing season for a club their size! One negative is that he's contracted till 2027 so serious compensation would need to be paid which I presume would rule this out!

I wonder if Gary Neville will have to be careful about saying managers have been sacked prematurely after his board sacked Gary Bowyer because they didn't make the playoffs after 14 months in the job.

On 14/05/2022 at 20:30, hertfordyellow said:

Based on what? His team is full of loans, his best players are being linked with Premiership moves. If they don’t get promoted in the play offs they will have a squad stripped of talent and half the budget of ours. 

This self flagellation is tiresome.

If they don’t go up Forest will be getting their delayed relegation. They have, if my maths is right, 16 first team regulars who are either loans, out of contract or have one year left. Apart from the loans and Johnson, most of the rest of the squad is as mediocre as their last couple of seasons suggests. They need a complete rebuild. Even if they go up, that will be needed and spending £100m wouldn’t take them a lot past making the loans permanent, tying down Johnson and the loan fees for another 4-5. If they were serious about trying to establish on promotion they’d take the money for Johnson and strengthen the team rather than rely on a winger with no defensive capabilities who will be completely starved of the ball most games. 

Cooper is great at making a silk purse from sows ears but has not yet shown what he can do with a budget. If they stay down I think he’ll be gone. His teams also have no plan B. Yesterday they were distinctly second best and looked much less a PL team than Sheff U. 

• Thanks 1