Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

New Manager

I am totally underwhelmed by a Smith on many fronts. I think there is a real danger Pukki will say enough is enough and consider moves elsewhere, he was a forlorn figure 2nd half, barely touched the ball. 

Give Smith until October and if we aren't top 6 then sack him. 

Smith joined us too soon from Villa. It's too cosy, too convenient. Typical Norwich.

• Like 1

I've just heard on the radio that Smith said something along the lines of "our heads got frazzled when the first goal went in". That's been happening since he's been here, has he only just realised? Also isn't it his job to ensure heads don't get frazzled? I watched the Man City game last night, completely different beast I know but when Wolves equalised you didn't see them "frazzled", in fact it galvanised them to put more effort in and play better.

Farke was given a season to implement his philosopy in the championship. Smith deserves time as he's walked into one of the worst PL squads there's ever been and tried to make do with the severe limitations that came with it.

People need to stop dismissing our style this season as Smith's style. Absolutely nothing says that's what we'll play next season and a very quick glance at his management styles previously points to the opposite being what he'll get us playing. He simply tried to play to the very few strengths we had and limit the weaknesses (the non existent midfield).

Farke and Webber threw away our identity, not Smith. They continued to make us an embarrassment in the top league. Why are fans so quick to bash the current setup with no analysis of the context behind it? Such fickle, inpatient, ill informed views (in my opinion of course).

Smith couldn't perform a miracle and get this incredibly weak squad to stay up (however he did show promise until injuries hit, so the change was working), surprise surprise. Next season with his squad and his style is when he will be judged. It's stupidity to throw away an experienced and successful manager so quickly. Incredibly stupid.

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Paul warne 

🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

And people think Dean Smith's football is negative. 

On 11/05/2022 at 23:02, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s not guilt free but it’s the two layers above him that are the problem. 

Spot on.

I have a bit of sympathy for Smith, he's inherited a very poor squad and not made one signing of his own. I'd like to see him given a pre season, a transfer window and a chance to mould a squad of his own but at the sane time if the club decided to go down a different path then so be it as long as it was somebody with similar pedigree.

On 11/05/2022 at 22:36, canarybubbles said:

You must be joking. Have you any idea how much damage this man could do given a transfer window? Bye-bye Pukki for a start.

He doesn’t sign the players you Luddite. Why would Pukki go, we are about to give him his biggest contract yet?

On 11/05/2022 at 22:22, CANARYKING said:

So all this talk of sacking Smith, who else is out there?

I'd give less than 1% chance of Smith not being here come August.

They've probably been discussing potential new targets, positions since January. I think it would be a big risk for him to go now.

The only issue is I think because of how this season has ended it won't take long for it to turn ugly. Need to be a decent start in our first 6 games.

On 11/05/2022 at 22:59, TIL 1010 said:

And during his time here to date we have completely lost our identity, our soul and our confidence.

What identity did we have under Farke this season? What lovely soul we had when we won only one game in the opening dozen. Smith inherited a buzzing dressing room did he? Pure revisionist nonsense.

• Like 2

Top 2 by October or show him the door.

I'd rather get him out now and replaced, think Knutson was always a no go but that would be nice.

On 11/05/2022 at 23:04, mannings bandy legs said:

Steve Cooper please. NOW...........Although he's prob got more chance of promo with Forest.

Based on what? His team is full of loans, his best players are being linked with Premiership moves. If they don’t get promoted in the play offs they will have a squad stripped of talent and half the budget of ours. 

This self flagellation is tiresome.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Top 2 by October or show him the door.

I'd rather get him out now and replaced, think Knutson was always a no go but that would be nice.

Jesus wept. Why mention Knutson if it was always a no go?

38 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Based on what? His team is full of loans, his best players are being linked with Premiership moves. If they don’t get promoted in the play offs they will have a squad stripped of talent and half the budget of ours. 

This self flagellation is tiresome.

He's also a manager with a track record of doing very well at the start but petering out. Done a fantastic job at Forest and I genuinely hope they get promoted because I have a soft spot for him - but I'd have mixed feelings if he turned up here. 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's also a manager with a track record of doing very well at the start but petering out. Done a fantastic job at Forest and I genuinely hope they get promoted because I have a soft spot for him - but I'd have mixed feelings if he turned up here. 

I’m asking why he thinks Forest are a better promotion candidate than us? I’m not commenting on him as a manager

5 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I’m asking why he thinks Forest are a better promotion candidate than us? I’m not commenting on him as a manager

And I am commenting on the manager. 

Just now, hertfordyellow said:

So commenting on a point I’m not making then. 

It's a message board mate, unless you haven't noticed. I'm not legally obliged to only pass comment on what you're talking about. 

I bet you're a barrel of laughs down the pub aren't you?

It's a message board mate, unless you haven't noticed. I'm not legally obliged to only pass comment on what you're talking about. 

I bet you're a barrel of laughs down the pub aren't you?

You are if you quote me mate.

Honestly, you are an absolute pedant aren't you? 

No it’s common sense. If you didn’t want to talk directly about the point I was making then don’t quote what I said with your observation. It’s pretty simple.

On 11/05/2022 at 22:22, CANARYKING said:

So all this talk of sacking Smith, who else is out there?

My top three;

1. Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield)
2. Paul Warne (Rotherham)
3. Mark Robins (Coventry)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

No it’s common sense. If you didn’t want to talk directly about the point I was making then don’t quote what I said with your observation. It’s pretty simple.

Yes, you're an absolute pedant. 

On 11/05/2022 at 22:36, canarybubbles said:

You must be joking. Have you any idea how much damage this man could do given a transfer window? Bye-bye Pukki for a start.

If you were Webber and a £7 -£10m bid came in for Pukki, what would you do? Year left on contract, 32 years old…. 

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yes, you're an absolute pedant. 

Maybe. But I’m also right. This is why you are slinging insults.

2 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

Jesus wept. Why mention Knutson if it was always a no go?

Because it was a no go because he wanted to finish the season, things might have changed?
Anythings better than Bodger and Fu*king Badger in place at the moment.

9 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Because it was a no go because he wanted to finish the season, things might have changed?
Anythings better than Bodger and Fu*king Badger in place at the moment.

With all due respect, if you think Knutsen would consider a move here as his next move, you really need a reality check.

His team has knocked out some pretty big teams in Europe this season, he’ll be on bigger fish’s radar.

Then if he doesnt want to commit career suicide by joining some half floating tin pot prem or worse a top flight with expectation team what better than Englands 21st best team?!?! Makes perfect sense

On 11/05/2022 at 23:46, chicken said:

Robbins? He does very well with a limited budget. Would be interesting to see how he could do with a bit more of a budget and still getting the most out of it. Cons would be he knows the club and would perhaps be a bit too respectful? Would be a good manager with new owners perhaps?

To be fair having new owners doesn't come into the ' knowing the club ' equation. It's been all change personnel-wise since he left Carrow Rd 27 years ago. Even our current owners and dear ol' Micky Foulger weren't on the Board until the following year.

In terms of otherwise ' knowing ' the club I accept that it's probably not a good thing to go back but unless Doris the tea lady is still trundling along Robins won't know anyone from his time there.

On 14/05/2022 at 21:32, Terminally Yellow said:

My top three;

1. Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield)
2. Paul Warne (Rotherham)
3. Mark Robins (Coventry)

Paul warne 🤣🤣🤣 hilarious