Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

New Manager

10 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

So all this talk of sacking Smith, who else is out there?

Webber needs to go first , then let the New DOF decide 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No thanks. Give him next season.

You must be joking. Have you any idea how much damage this man could do given a transfer window? Bye-bye Pukki for a start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Webber needs to go first , then let the New DOF decide 

Not sure that we need a DOF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

You must be joking. Have you any idea how much damage this man could do given a transfer window? Bye-bye Pukki for a start.

**** me, the nonsense that gets posted on this forum.

Do you really think keeping Smith will make any difference whether Pukki stays or goes? 

• Like 7

Just now, Making Plans said:

Not sure that we need a DOF.

no i like the idea of old school Manager but he would have to have a lot of experience to do it alone 

Dean Smith has a lot to do to win me over i am afraid as i just don't see what he has brought to the party since his arrival.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Do you really think keeping Smith will make any difference whether Pukki stays or goes? 

Yes, I do. Pukki's old enough and experienced enough to recognise a third-rate manager when he sees one. If you think he wants to end his career playing chase ball in a side coached by Smith, then I don't think I'm the one spouting nonsense.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dean Smith has a lot to do to win me over i am afraid as i just don't see what he has brought to the party since his arrival.

Smith got the job because the guy before him who had won loads of games for us at lower levels couldn't win at this level with the squad he had. Smith proceeded not to win with that same squad. This suggests to me that the main issue was with the talent level of the squad for this level of football rather than the manager's nouse. 

In other news, Smith has a good pedigree at Championship level, which is where we're playing next season, coincidentally, so I'm inclined to stick with Smith. 

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Smith got the job because the guy before him who had won loads of games for us at lower levels couldn't win at this level with the squad he had. Smith proceeded not to win with that same squad. This suggests to me that the main issue was with the talent level of the squad for this level of football rather than the manager's nouse. 

In other news, Smith has a good pedigree at Championship level, which is where we're playing next season, coincidentally, so I'm inclined to stick with Smith. 

And during his time here to date we have completely lost our identity, our soul and our confidence.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

And during his time here to date we have completely lost our identity, our soul and our confidence.

But we are purchasing more boxes of PG Tips for Carra an' Colney to quench his insatiable thirst....

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He’s not guilt free but it’s the two layers above him that are the problem. 

• Like 3

I feel sorry for him as he has been massively let down by the owners and the senior staff who now just let him face the press whilst they promote their own interests and show utter contempt for us suffering fansv(option1) / entitled few (option2).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

All your posts follow the same dynamic. 

You start off by swearing and then attempt to ridicule other posters with the same nonsense.

It's predictable. Do you bore yourself?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Like potential buyers for the club... there are plenty of them out there but we never seem to find one.

And I wonder why that is?

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Robbins? He does very well with a limited budget. Would be interesting to see how he could do with a bit more of a budget and still getting the most out of it. Cons would be he knows the club and would perhaps be a bit too respectful? Would be a good manager with new owners perhaps?

As for people saying we could do without a director of football - no. I think much of the success under Farke was that he could focus on the first team and not be distracted with transfers constantly throughout the season. Not only that but it seems a lot like people forget the other things it entails. There is no way a manager would be able to oversee the academy and training facility developments either.

The clear problem we have had in the past is that the first team squad and the academy were not always on the same page. We've had more youngsters come through and play for the first team in the last 4-5 seasons than I can remember us having since the 1990's. Especially to then kick on and be important members of the squad and even regular starters. Even excluding Godfrey and Maddison who we signed to develop further - Murphy x2, Idah, Omobamidele, Aarons, Lewis, Gunn (jnr), Cantwell and now it looks like Springett and Rowe will be joining that number with Tomkinson and Gibbs also very much in and around the squad these days too.

42 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I feel sorry for him as he has been massively let down by the owners and the senior staff who now just let him face the press whilst they promote their own interests and show utter contempt for us suffering fansv(option1) / entitled few (option2).

Excellent post Kenny. Smith is basically trying to cover every angle outside what his remit is. It's pathetic watching all this sh!t about people's ambitions and promoting books . Norwich City has become secondary to further people's egos.. its criminal what has being going on recently.  And Deano has been hung out to dry and tried to cover for their egos. It's very distressing to watch. I do have sympathy for the SAS. Webber cannot remain hear a moment longer. He does not give a f*ck about the institution that is Norwich City. He really does not care. He's finished.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelm Canary said:

All your posts follow the same dynamic. 

You start off by swearing and then attempt to ridicule other posters with the same nonsense.

It's predictable. Do you bore yourself?

Yep. Seems to think he has authority to 'swear' at others for voicing an opinion he doesn't agree with then gets all huffy when the same is done back to him. A right ****.

• Haha 1

On the new manager subject, we should stick with Smith, although it's difficult to get enthused by him at the moment, he has to be given a proper chance and not dismissed after 75% of a season with a terrible squad. Even if we don't have a great year next year I still think he should be given time. My only caveat being that the football can't continue in this hoofball manner. If we start next season pumping it long I'll lose patience by October!

• Like 1

I'd be in favour of sacking Smith and starting all over again. There's no reason we shouldn't be competing at the top end of the championship next season, but if we come back to this league again it should be with a near completely different starting XI. The signings upon relegation last time did smack of making sure we got up instead of thinking what we would do once we got there. Hugill being the obvious example, but also signings like Placheta, Dowell and Sorensen, who were seen as good championship level players with the ability to maybe step up as they hit their primes (they're all 24). Ultimately we left ourselves with too much to do in the summer and it meant we could afford very few missteps, as it turned out every transfer we made was just about one. 

The only problem with sacking Smith and bringing someone new in is that we could be seriously lacking leadership for the football side, unless Webber decides to commit to the role again. Adams I can't see being trusted with it, and it feels too late to bring in a new sporting director who would then find a new coach.

The next manager of our club is currently at Swansea. Knows the club inside out, knows the staff and how NCFC wish to play.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

The next manager of our club is currently at Swansea. Knows the club inside out, knows the staff and how NCFC wish to play.

And would be an ideal puppet for the owners as a yes man 

28 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

And would be an ideal puppet for the owners as a yes man 

If the owners wanted a yes man they would never have hired Webber.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

And he was getting loads of stick in his final games from some quarters, short memories 🤔

20 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If the owners wanted a yes man they would never have hired Webber.

Never realised Webber was the manager 🤣🤣

As has been stated in several places Smith has recently bought a house in the area and moved his family here. He wouldn't have done that without an assurance that he'll be here at the start of next season making talk of a replacement head coach academic - for the time being.