Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Webber must be keeping his powder dry

I have been a vocal critic of Webber and his culpability in this disgrace of a season. The silence from him and the board has been damning and maddening. 

However, can’t help but feel the silence is because he’ll dig all these players out when he does speak. Yes he recruited them, but he can claim they’ve been out tight disappointing. If he speaks now he can add a player revolt to his fan revolt and the whole thing implodes.

When he does finally come out of the bunker it will be appointment viewing. 

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I have been a vocal critic of Webber and his culpability in this disgrace of a season. The silence from him and the board has been damning and maddening. 

However, can’t help but feel the silence is because he’ll dig all these players out when he does speak. Yes he recruited them, but he can claim they’ve been out tight disappointing. If he speaks now he can add a player revolt to his fan revolt and the whole thing implodes.

When he does finally come out of the bunker it will be appointment viewing. 

He'll be gone before then.,avoiding all the flak. ....or it'll be like Woy after losing to Iceland....."don't know what i'm doing here".........

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I hope he walks. The Board won't sack him. They will take it out on the office staff as usual.

I sincerely  hope he walks very soon. This last few weeks have been very embarrassing on and off the pitch. 

21 points , 7 goals conceded none scored last two games, bottom of the league, most spent on players in our history and 11th highest in europe seemingly...lucky to have him and his team. Go Delia...

I think that the fallacy that is Stuart Webber has finally been revealed. Every player bar one which we have sold for large fees since he arrived had already joined the club before he did. We have not succeeded because of his recruitment we have succeeded in many cases in spite of his recruitment. 

Maddison, Murphy x2, Lewis, Godfrey, all had been recruited prior to Webbers arrival. If anything it goes to show what a wonderful job the youth scouts had done prior to the overhaul. Even now two of our most saleable assets in Aaron’s and Cantwell has been here prior to Webber’s arrival. Buendia is the expectation not the norm when it comes to Webber and his self funding psycho babble. 

If he does decide to blame the players ultimately he’s only blaming himself as he’s the one who brought them in. We won the championship at a canter and some how managed to go up a league and build a worse squad. Shambles. 

• Like 7

Delia looks very grumpy, very sad. For her sake she needs a way out. That magical rich owner who loves Norwich can't come soon enough. In the meantime Webber needs to do the decent thing and fall on his sword.

• Like 1

I don't think he will say much.

He will do what Boris Johnson does and say we should draw a line under it and move on. Don't you know there's war on?!

Lawyers out there?  Can Webber be let go for poor performance or not fore fulling his contract without a pay off?

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Lawyers out there?  Can Webber be let go for poor performance or not fore fulling his contract without a pay off?

You mean the stated ambition of being a top 26 club? He’s achieved it 4 seasons on the trot. 

Just now, WD40 said:

You mean the stated ambition of being a top 26 club? He’s achieved it 4 seasons on the trot. 

Please dont mention that because it will cost us a bonus

I believe Dean Smith said a few days ago he didn’t expect a big influx of players this summer. We shall see, but I suspect it won’t be so few, albeit probably not as many as the eight additions to the first-team squad after the last relegation.

Webbo will be the justified sacrificial lamb and the support will then be pacified and have their pound of flesh....whilst the old ewes and rams hide in the barn until the slaughter-men have gone back to the abattoir....and will allow them to keep their golden fleece...

9 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think that the fallacy that is Stuart Webber has finally been revealed. Every player bar one which we have sold for large fees since he arrived had already joined the club before he did. We have not succeeded because of his recruitment we have succeeded in many cases in spite of his recruitment. 

Maddison, Murphy x2, Lewis, Godfrey, all had been recruited prior to Webbers arrival. If anything it goes to show what a wonderful job the youth scouts had done prior to the overhaul. Even now two of our most saleable assets in Aaron’s and Cantwell has been here prior to Webber’s arrival. Buendia is the expectation not the norm when it comes to Webber and his self funding psycho babble. 

If he does decide to blame the players ultimately he’s only blaming himself as he’s the one who brought them in. We won the championship at a canter and some how managed to go up a league and build a worse squad. Shambles. 

A man highly responsible for a fair few of these “jewels” was Greg Broughton. I doubt we could persuade him back now as  he has a good job at Bodo Glimt (ironic given the manager link) and I think he was treated quite poorly when we got rid of him and many of the other academy staff but if Webber goes we could do a lot worse than look at him as a replacement director of football. 

Edited by Jim Smith

9 hours ago, Mengo said:

I sincerely  hope he walks very soon. This last few weeks have been very embarrassing on and off the pitch. 

But the chances are low now his wife is on the board. However the chances of him being sacked are even worse.

9 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

But the chances are low now his wife is on the board. However the chances of him being sacked are even worse.

Not sure they are that low. He strikes me as the sort who could storm out in a huff and go and concentrate on his mountain climbing. Doesn’t need the money given how much those two have been paid in recent years. 

• Like 1

He's never wanted to communicate with fans when things aren't going well, hear a lot more from him when we're top of the Championship, one of the reasons I want him gone.

Kick in the teeth when he then does an Interview behind a paywall, happy to sound off to their middle class London readership who still think that Jeremy Goss was a class player when he spent most of his career here sitting on the bench, but won't get in front of a camera for the Pink'un to talk to address the paying customers who contribute towards his wages will he. 

Chaps a bit of a coward really, and doesn't demonstrate good leadership at all when he goes missing when the chips are down, can't wait for the next regime. Shame that Farke had to be sacked the way that he was to buy Webber another 7 months of salary, hope people remember that when Webber is asking for donations to his charity.

Time for him to go, get out of our club.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's never wanted to communicate with fans when things aren't going well, hear a lot more from him when we're top of the Championship, one of the reasons I want him gone.

Kick in the teeth when he then does an Interview behind a paywall, happy to sound off to their middle class London readership who still think that Jeremy Goss was a class player when he spent most of his career here sitting on the bench, but won't get in front of a camera for the Pink'un to talk to address the paying customers who contribute towards his wages will he. 

Chaps a bit of a coward really, and doesn't demonstrate good leadership at all when he goes missing when the chips are down, can't wait for the next regime. Shame that Farke had to be sacked the way that he was to buy Webber another 7 months of salary, hope people remember that when Webber is asking for donations to his charity.

Time for him to go, get out of our club.

When did Smith and Jones last talk after a relegation? Maybe we will hear from all three in a pre mountain climb special. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

When did Smith and Jones last talk after a relegation? Maybe we will hear from all three in a pre mountain climb special. 

I wouldn't want them talking in case their false teeth fell out, and Delia might fall asleep halfway through a sentence.