Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

McCarthy Sacked!

The only downside to this would be that we''d end up with McCarthy - just the kind of big ''Chuckling Uncle'' type that the current board loves - all work ethic and passion, with absolutely no ability in the transfer market  and a pathalogical distrust of skill and individual flair. Let''s be careful what we wish for here, eh ?!

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]How can a club sack a Championship winning manager [/quote]

oh the Irony!!!! wait a few months and u''ll find out at Carrow Road.....

To be fair im suprised McCarthy has gone.. sunderland arent the wealthiest of clubs and its pretty apparent they arent going t battle it out with the likes of West ham and Wigan to spend money and bring in good quality...

I would of thought theyd of kept Macca this season... used their parachute payment well next season.. and gone back up bigger and better with a squad equipped to stay up....

jas :)

I live up north and the mrs is a mackem and from what I''ve heard more people blame the board than Mick as he has had no money at all.  The problems she hear''s from me about our lot worry her as its the way they went under Reid when he basically lost the plot, played players out of position, dropped them for no apparent reason and then spent money like no tomorrow on utter rubbish.... Sound familiar?  Think we could be Sunderland in a couple of years!  Oh Joy!