Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the PUPs Season 15 Week 40

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare.

This weekend we have @sonyc selecting the final six results. Sonyc’s had an up and down season (15/21 71% winning picks) because he’s had periods away from the board. However he’s never been far away from our threads and supports from the background when he’s on sabbatical. I was pleased he agreed to come back to take his turn in the hot-seat so let’s help him get us a win in the last final six week with our very best selection from the games played Saturday, Sunday and Monday of this weekend and are listed on Bet 365 web-site.

Although this is the last week for the six results there is one more week for the Norwich picks. I’ll explain at the end.

We have @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man making the final picks for our penultimate game at Wolves. Wacky has been great for us since he joined and usually gives a different option for the PUPs in the hot-seat. I see him as our Serie A expert as he often make great picks from there. He’s been unlucky the last twice when making these picks so let’s help Wacky make it third time lucky with some great suggestions from those on Bet 365 and Bill Hill. We once again have PUPanons insurance of £1 on Wolves to win the game.

As always a massive thank-you to our benefactor PUPanon for making the Norwich match picks possible. Also to all the Pink Un posters who send me pledges and donations. And to our wonderful sponsors Turner European Consulting and Cavell Healthcare. The sponsorship, pledges and donations all go straight into the presentation pot. It makes a massive difference to the amount we raise and I know the CSF and our DS and Pan-disability boys and girls really appreciate this support. For more information on our sponsors take a look at their websites below :-

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.cavellhealthcare.co.uk/

** After 9 seasons of bankrolling the Norwich picks our wonderful generous benefactor known as PUPanon has had to step back from funding the picks next season. I know this was a tough decision for PUPanon and he told me how much of a privilege it’s been for him to help raise money for such a good cause. I just looked back and the presentation in 2013 was for £381.91. Nine seasons later and we’re presenting £4,000. PUPanon’s been a great part of that success so next week will be a ‘Rays Funds Special’ just for the Spurs game with PUPanon making the final picks. This gives us all a chance to thank him for those nine seasons. Thankfully, the poster who is PUPanon will remain part of this community because we need all you brilliant PUPs and more besides.**

Now I’ll hand the thread over to Sonyc and Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome and pan-disability boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Steven and Owen the thread is yours.......🙃...

Edited by nutty nigel

Big thanks to PupAnon!

To cap off my woeful season I've gone straight to my favourite league which only ever provides dodgy picks, but I like the country so what the hell...

Koreans!    1403080593611_850.jpg.5c1b6d1da8b2f8a4b3362e94b605493b.jpg

Multiple champions Jeonbuk had an awful start to the season however since they've nearly won every game while over that time their opponents form has stank. What can go wrong?

Korean-League 1 - Jeonbuk v Gangwon - Home Win

For Wacky - hard to predict when we'll turn up so I'll go with Norwich to score a penalty.

I'm getting in early this week as I'm off to Wales tomorrow and probably won't even have a mobile signal.

For the Final 6 I'm going for AC Milan v Atalanta, HOME win. AC are top and need to keep their foot on the gas to make sure they don't lose out to Inter. The odds are 8/11.

For the Norwich game, a lot of the usual bets won't show on William Hill until the Leicester game is finished, but if it comes up as an option, how about a Double of both Jimenez and Pukki to score.

Good luck to sonyc, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man and to all you lovely PUPs out there.

Staying at home this week with

Tottenham to win at home vs Burnley

For the match bet, out on a high. City to win and both teams to score. 

Best of luck Sonyc, WWIAFTM, and all you PUPs. 

Bologna v sassuolo home win

Wolves to win & BTTS

Good luck everyone 

OTBC 💛💚💛💚

Thank you Nutty. It's true I've been on a couple of sabbaticals in the last year. I've just logged on for the first time in a long while.  I'm sorry because it isn't conducive to the continuity needed for a PUP season. I reckon though I will be a supporter in the future (and read that to be in terms of contribution rather than pure moral support). Just not sure yet if to post.

I've loved the quiet, silent support to the cause provided by PUPanon over the years - a wonderful thing to do. Indeed it is a kind of  'elegance' (if that's the right term?)...the kind I think is full of the right spirit.

The above makes such a contrast to some content on the wider forum here. I have been dispirited with our season like many ... but have increasingly been dissuaded from posting as much because of folk getting on at each other. Posts gets derailed or become personal very easily. Lots of anger seems to be expressed and even poster against poster. Just for having a different view! Folk goad one another, or they are passive aggressive. Now, I realise that is what life is about but it's not something I've felt I wanted to be involved with. But I did want to (try to) explain my comings and goings. It's been a bit of a conflict for me and my chosen response has been to be quiet. 

Anyway, back to a happier tone, as well as PUPanon you deserve your plaudits too Nutty for your selflessness over the years. It's an inspiration. Truly. PUP posters seem to be very supportive of each other. And I reckon you provide a lead.  It's the best part of the forum. Only for this reason have I logged back on and because of your request.

I will try to give folk time - say 10pm tomorrow night so you get chance for the bets too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A very good afternoon to you Nutty and good luck to sonyc and wacky not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.

The land of the sardine catchers and a HOME WIN for PORTO v Estoril.

For the Norwich game we will keep Wolves down to a 2-0 win.

Finally congratulations to @Parma Ham's gone mouldy on being PUP champion for 2021/22.

Hope to see some of you guys at The Nest Saturday morning.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Thanks 1

Hi PUPs, off to the Bundesliga II where Schalke can take the title NÜRNBERG VS. SCHALKE 04 (away win). 

For the City bet, I really have no idea and hoping the young'uns get a run out so Springett to score (anytime).

All the best everyone! 🏆💪

Apples

6 hours ago, sonyc said:

Thank you Nutty. It's true I've been on a couple of sabbaticals in the last year. I've just logged on for the first time in a long while.  I'm sorry because it isn't conducive to the continuity needed for a PUP season. I reckon though I will be a supporter in the future (and read that to be in terms of contribution rather than pure moral support). Just not sure yet if to post.

I've loved the quiet, silent support to the cause provided by PUPanon over the years - a wonderful thing to do. Indeed it is a kind of  'elegance' (if that's the right term?)...the kind I think is full of the right spirit.

The above makes such a contrast to some content on the wider forum here. I have been dispirited with our season like many ... but have increasingly been dissuaded from posting as much because of folk getting on at each other. Posts gets derailed or become personal very easily. Lots of anger seems to be expressed and even poster against poster. Just for having a different view! Folk goad one another, or they are passive aggressive. Now, I realise that is what life is about but it's not something I've felt I wanted to be involved with. But I did want to (try to) explain my comings and goings. It's been a bit of a conflict for me and my chosen response has been to be quiet. 

Anyway, back to a happier tone, as well as PUPanon you deserve your plaudits too Nutty for your selflessness over the years. It's an inspiration. Truly. PUP posters seem to be very supportive of each other. And I reckon you provide a lead.  It's the best part of the forum. Only for this reason have I logged back on and because of your request.

I will try to give folk time - say 10pm tomorrow night so you get chance for the bets too.

Bravo @sonyc 🙏🏽

Parma 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trying to find a game this week that involves a "still to play" v a "safely on the beach" and here is that game....

Everton v Brentford...Home win.

Everton still have it all to do so I'd expect a good showing from them.

Norwich bet......Wolverhamton and BTTS.

Good luck to Sonyc and Wavy inflatable and to all our fellow pup's. 

Tottenham home win please 

Norwich to lose 3 1 ( sorry) with pukki to score anytime 

Good luck pups 

10 hours ago, sonyc said:

10pm Friday is perfect @sonyc 

I really appreciate all our PUPs. The ones that keep the thread active every week and the ones who support from behind the scenes. You are all great motivation for me and we work together like a well oiled machine.

• Like 1

Good luck PUPS, everyone who goes tomorrow to the nest, have a great time.

For me I’m looking at Spurs home win please.

For Norwich, we are down and dusted, but we need a goal or two so Pukki to score!

OTBC 💚💛

Auxerre(fighting for automatic promotion)to beat Amiens.

For the Norwich game, I fear we will be overrun, so a Neto assist in each half at 40/1.

Very best of luck.

Sticking to the city game this weekend - my (ludicrous) pups suggestion is a away win for us.

As for the match prediction I predict less than 1.5 goals and a red card anytime.

Good luck to everyone.

@Kathy 's picks were...

Dortmund v Hertha home win

Ruddy to save a penalty

@Crabbycanary3's picks were...

Celtic to beat Motherwell, and

a repeat of the 1-0 FA Cup win for us at Molineux

Edited by nutty nigel

Sunday in Italy for Sonyc...

Cagliari          v         Inter Milan          Away Win

For Wacky I'll stick with..

Byram to score anytime

Hello pups

My pick this week is WERDER BREMEN V jahn regensburg Home Win in German 2nd division

For the NCFC bet I’ll go for Hanley to score anytime 

Good luck to all

Also a big congratulations @Parma Ham's gone mouldy unbelievably good picks all season , I tried my best but couldn’t quite keep up. well done

👍😊👏🏼

• Thanks 1

In an attempt to either get one of the biggest priced winners in PUPs history or the “most wrong” pick of all time, I’m going to go for:

Celtic v MOTHERWELL - Away Win

Celtic are confirmed champions, haven’t lost in the league since about 1973 and have already thumped Motherwell this season. Add to that it’s presumably the trophy lift and party time at Parkhead and this should really be 160/1. But… perhaps the foot is off the gas and they won’t really be arsed. Like Fulham last week. If Motherwell win, that clinches 4th spot for them (the prestige!)

For the Norwich game, have a poke at double chance Draw/Norwich. They don’t score that many so if we somehow score one we might nick it. 

Good Luck Everyone! 

• Like 1

The Bayern Nord section of the German Oberliga.

Ansbach to win at home against Cham.

With two games left Ansbach still have a chance of taking the one automatic promotion place, but equally need points to stay in the play-off slot. They have won their last eight, with a 30/6 goal difference.

Cham are not hopeless and need points to stay out of the relegation play-offs places, but have a 4-1-11 and 11/26 away record, and have lost their last two games. The odds are around 1/10.

---

Sincere thanks to PUPanon for providing the money for the match bet over nine seasons. For that I suggest a double of Pukki as an anytime goalscorer and a final score of 2-2.

Good luck to all!

I'm going for a home win for Viking v. Jerv in Norway.

Viking are W3 D1 L0 F8 A1 at home and Jerv are W0 D0 L2 F0 A5 away.

Good Luck, sonyc!

For the match bet - Pukki to score any time.

Good Luck, WWIAFTM!

A couple of my favourite posters this week 🤗….

In bocca al lupo 🦮 to the fine @sonyc …e tutti i voi PUPetti 🦮💐

Think a trip to the spectacular Switzerland for:

Zurich W vs Young Boys W - Home win 🏆 

As for @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man’s Norwich bet, not sure I’ll help much…you are the expert here bud 🤗🦮👍🏽….…how about a tricast for value of:

BTTS, Pukki to score (he’s due) and more than 2.5 goals?….💛💚

Thank you @nutty nigel for being who who are and for doing what you do 🥰🦮🙏🏽

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

In an attempt to either get one of the biggest priced winners in PUPs history or the “most wrong” pick of all time, I’m going to go for:

Celtic v MOTHERWELL - Away Win

Celtic are confirmed champions, haven’t lost in the league since about 1973 and have already thumped Motherwell this season. Add to that it’s presumably the trophy lift and party time at Parkhead and this should really be 160/1. But… perhaps the foot is off the gas and they won’t really be arsed. Like Fulham last week. If Motherwell win, that clinches 4th spot for them (the prestige!)

For the Norwich game, have a poke at double chance Draw/Norwich. They don’t score that many so if we somehow score one we might nick it. 

Good Luck Everyone! 

I thought about a similar principle, though glad you did it…great profitability season and cute idea 👌

Parma 

• Thanks 1

Good evening Nutty and Pups. I've sent you some extra so that hopefully on the last weekend we might have three chances instead of one with our sets of six and everyone has their chosen team involved. As ever, it's how to perm them. But, here goes:

First set look odds on (though you just know there could easily be a rogue result):

Celtic (victory parade in front of fans)

Spurs (have looked so strong)

Porto (very low odds)

RP Liepzig (like Spurs)

Auxerre (have the motivation)

Ausbach (as above)

2nd set

Jeonbuk

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Feyenoord (though I am worried about our old Ricky who played really well in midweek for Twente)

Dortmund

Werder Bremen

3rd set

Schalke

Bologna

Viking (is a Monday nighter so a long-ish weekend)

Zurich W

Everton (want them to win so Leeds are put in more peril)

Monaco (my pick Nutty)

That leaves Motherwell! And all I can think of here is to take a pound (or two) off one of the sets of 6 for a long shot gamble😏...however if this ever came off I can agree it would be an historic result. Therefore, I can't see it happening but let's at least believe it might.

Hope you have luck too @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

We need some luck too in this depressing season. I'm going for a Springett goal because that will cheer a lot of us up.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Good evening Nutty and Pups. I've sent you some extra so that hopefully on the last weekend we might have three chances instead of one with our sets of six and everyone has their chosen team involved. As ever, it's how to perm them. But, here goes:

First set look odds on (though you just know there could easily be a rogue result):

Celtic (victory parade in front of fans)

Spurs (have looked so strong)

Porto (very low odds)

RP Liepzig (like Spurs)

Auxerre (have the motivation)

Ausbach (as above)

2nd set

Jeonbuk

AC Milan

Inter Milan

Feyenoord (though I am worried about our old Ricky who played really well in midweek for Twente)

Dortmund

Werder Bremen

3rd set

Schalke

Bologna

Viking (is a Monday nighter so a long-ish weekend)

Zurich W

Everton (want them to win so Leeds are put in more peril)

Monaco (my pick Nutty)

That leaves Motherwell! And all I can think of here is to take a pound (or two) off one of the sets of 6 for a long shot gamble😏...however if this ever came off I can agree it would be an historic result. Therefore, I can't see it happening but let's at least believe it might.

Hope you have luck too @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

We need some luck too in this depressing season. I'm going for a Springett goal because that will cheer a lot of us up.

Thanks for these Sonyc and big thanks for the extra two sets. I love how you've set them up and I really think all three sets have a great chance. Here's how they work out...

Set one placed Bet 365 where the potential return is £35.38...

Celtic *EP*

1/6

12:15 Sat

Ansbach

1/10

13:00 Sat

Leipzig *EP*

1/4

14:30 Sat

Porto

2/11

18:00 Sat

Auxerre

2/5

18:00 Sat

Tottenham *EP*

1/3

12:00 Sun

Set two placed with Bet 365 where the potential return is £109.33...

Dortmund *EP*

1/2

14:30 Sat

Jeonbuk

7/10

08:30 Sun

Feyenoord *EP*

2/5

13:30 Sun

Werder Bremen *EP*

1/4

14:30 Sun

AC Milan *EP*

3/4

17:00 Sun

Inter Milan *EP*

2/5

19:45 Sun

The third set with Bet 365 where the potential return is £159.11...

Zurich W

1/20

13:30 Sat

Monaco *EP*

1/5

20:00 Sat

Bologna *EP*

7/5

11:30 Sun

Schalke *EP*

11/10

14:30 Sun

Everton *EP*

21/20

16:30 Sun

Viking *EP*

2/9

17:00 Mon

And finally we found a couple of quid for Motherwell which has a potential return of £34...

Motherwell *EP*

16/1

12:15 Sat

The games marked **EP** will be classed as having won if our team takes a 2 goal lead at anytime.

Good luck Sonyc and all you PUPs🤞🍀💪

Zipper has been bold and gone for a Norwich win. We’ve beaten them already this season and you never know… (we probably do)…

However, my account has been credited with £3 in returned stakes from the Leicester game, so, I’ve lumped it on Norwich to win. Hope this is ok, Nutty? I’ll send you the £3 for the pot anyway. 

AB63DD12-6184-45BD-BE26-B908F8B821A7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1