Sign in to follow this  
Monty13

Huckerby

57 minutes ago, Mike w said:

Hucks always said it at is was. Great for him to stand up and say all this.

Great player for us and only got him because someone helped fund him I believe

Huckerby has always said he’d never have signed if he knew how he’s wage was being paid. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Huckerby has always said he’d never have signed if he knew how he’s wage was being paid. 

Good job he didn't know then isn't it 🤣

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Good job he didn't know then isn't it 🤣

Hard to believe that Huckerby didn’t know his wages were being subsidised by a local businessman the newspapers were full of it

What Huckerby said is only what has been stated here for the last few months 

54 minutes ago, daly said:

Hard to believe that Huckerby didn’t know his wages were being subsidised by a local businessman the newspapers were full of it

What Huckerby said is only what has been stated here for the last few months 

It was mentioned in his autobiography, published in 2011.

Could be that the press at the time was about Carl Moore helping pay the transfer fee, wages might have been less clear?

Huck's is one of our 3 guests at our free fans forum next Wed so a chance to ask him these questions 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hucks was binned recently as a matchday host in The Gunn Club without explanation and replaced by a nobody with the charisma of a wet lettuce.

🤔 interesting 

On 11/05/2022 at 16:55, Monty13 said:

Anyone listen to Michael Bailey’s podcast?

In case anybody is wondering how they can listen to this, its on YouTube (free)

50 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

🤔 interesting 

I reckon Mark Rivers won't get an invite to the club anytime soon....

10 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I reckon Mark Rivers won't get an invite to the club anytime soon....

He will have to watch matches on a stream.

11 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

🤔 interesting 

Huckerby used to be in The Gunn Club before the match and give the team news at 2pm just as it had been announced but this new chap whoever he is turned up in there at the last game at 2.30pm just as everybody was leaving to go to their seats in the stadium.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Huckerby used to be in The Gunn Club before the match and give the team news at 2pm just as it had been announced but this new chap whoever he is turned up in there at the last game at 2.30pm just as everybody was leaving to go to their seats in the stadium.

Was Robert Fleck at last match, which was a 2.00pm kick off ? Thought Flecky was well received ? 

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Huckerby was a very poor host, a number of people complained. I spoke to the new man v West Ham and asked him why he waited so long to give team news at the previous match - his first. He said he was asked to hold back until the live tv match had finished. I can assure you he was there well before 2 for both matches so far. 

28 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

Huckerby was a very poor host, a number of people complained. I spoke to the new man v West Ham and asked him why he waited so long to give team news at the previous match - his first. He said he was asked to hold back until the live tv match had finished. I can assure you he was there well before 2 for both matches so far. 

Misinformation then Richard by another poster on here who told me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Was Robert Fleck at last match, which was a 2.00pm kick off ? Thought Flecky was well received ? 

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

7 hours ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Yes he was well received. Club should do more for former players. Needs freshening up, same faces

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You just can't trust these posters...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He said he was followed after games inimitable times. Very sensible views. Always remember celebrating his strike at Highbury, think we lost 5-1, I was in the North Bank with my boss (Gooner), super goal. 

16 minutes ago, corbs said:

He said he was followed after games inimitable times. Very sensible views. Always remember celebrating his strike at Highbury, think we lost 5-1, I was in the North Bank with my boss (Gooner), super goal. 

4.1 I think. 

On 12/05/2022 at 14:51, TIL 1010 said:

Hucks was binned recently as a matchday host in The Gunn Club without explanation and replaced by a nobody with the charisma of a wet lettuce.

I saw him leaving the Gunn club shortly before  the West Ham game, he was in a whistle etc but obviously I can’t say if he had just been sacked or not, or which flora or fauna had replaced him if so.

So to clarify, rather than Huckerby's criticism of the club to be trusted because he is an employee, in fact it is open to serious question because he was recently sacked by the club...🤓