Sign in to follow this  
WD40

Relegation Battle 2010/11

Had this recommended to me on YouTube and what a fantastic example of what a relegation battle should be. Down to the last day, all teams scrapping and fighting. Not one rolling over and getting tummies tickled.

We know we won’t win the league or get Europe but at least show a bit of fight and pride.

https://youtu.be/QJB-tMCEBxc

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Had this recommended to me on YouTube and what a fantastic example of what a relegation battle should be. Down to the last day, all teams scrapping and fighting. Not one rolling over and getting tummies tickled.

We know we won’t win the league or get Europe but at least show a bit of fight and pride.

I refer you to the relegation battle of 2004/2005...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I refer you to the relegation battle of 2004/2005...

Wasn't that when no one was down on the last day, and at one point during the afternoon, every single team from the bottom 4 was in 17th place?

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Wasn't that when no one was down on the last day, and at one point during the afternoon, every single team from the bottom 4 was in 17th place?

Yes, when we started the day in 17th (after an amazing run, but with costly results at Palace and Southampton away) and then decided to concede 6 at Fulham.  Going down with a whimper is in our blood.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Just watched all this. Says it all that I can never ever imagine Norwich being in this position. Even if we were, we'd absolutely crumble.

Forever going down without a fight. 

Some of you obviously aren't old enough to remember Dave Stringer heading a late winner against Palace in the penultimate game of 1973. There were 37,000 there to see it and it will probably remain the biggest crowd I've been in at Carrow Road. 

If you didn't fight in a Ron Saunders team you didn't play. That is the only time I can remember us being seriously threatened by relegation and surviving

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Some of you obviously aren't old enough to remember Dave Stringer heading a late winner against Palace in the penultimate game of 1973. There were 37,000 there to see it and it will probably remain the biggest crowd I've been in at Carrow Road. 

If you didn't fight in a Ron Saunders team you didn't play. That is the only time I can remember us being seriously threatened by relegation and surviving

Thank Christ we didn't have VAR in those days .............I was in the South Stand,level with the penalty area,and there was a blatant push by one of our players on the Palace defender marking DS and leaving him with a clear header on goal 🤗🤗

Happy days 🥳

1 hour ago, C.I.D said:

..I was in the South Stand,level with the penalty area,and there was a blatant push by one of our players on the Palace defender marking DS and leaving him with a clear header on goal 

I was there too, but don't believe you, players never did that sort of thing then!

😇

• Haha 1

What a night that was and probably one of the very last times On The Ball City was sung properly.