BroadstairsR

Best Individual Performance

5 hours ago, duke63 said:

I think it was an FA Cup game and Cyrille Regis scored an abolsute screamer to win the game. It may well have ended up as goal of the season as its often replayed.

It was goal of season, I was right behind the goal.

Hucks against Cardiff. Eadie against QPR. Holt (and Wes) against the Binners . MacDougall against West Ham. Watson and Bruce against most teams . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Hucks v Cardiff and Marshall v Newcastle both stand out for me.

Naismith v Liverpool too...

Trybull v Leeds 

The best ever I can remember was against us in 1989 or 90 i think... Franz Carr ripped us apart as Forest beat us 6-2

8 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Wes wrong footing the entire opposition defence to score, can’t remember who we were playing

vs Burton Albion or Rotherham in a 3 1 home win. My favourite was Efan Ekoku's 4 goals vs Everton 1993

Edited by Mbokani
error

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Also, from a similar era, Dean Ashton's hat trick against Southampton just before he left us was a phenomenal performance.

Although Huckerby v Cardiff is up there, this is the one my mind went to automatically.

At the time there was a lot of will-he, won't-he and that performance was so intense that him staying became just a laughable prospect.

Harry Kane before Harry Kane. 

5 hours ago, Segura said:

Marsh was superb that day but soon looked liked a rabbit in the headlines and Tracey was even worse. 

Memories if that season still make me shudder, we looked so poor towards the end but still went down on 43 points.

If only Gunny had stayed fit

We blew it so many times in the second half of that season.

I particularly remember us throwing away both a 1-0 home lead against Man City, and worse, being 2-0 up at West Ham, conceding injury time equalisers. Even one of those as wins would have seen us safe.

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

We blew it so many times in the second half of that season.

I particularly remember us throwing away both a 1-0 home lead against Man City, and worse, being 2-0 up at West Ham, conceding injury time equalisers. Even one of those as wins would have seen us safe.

Some horrible memories there, whilst I accepted the sale of Sutton, the subsequent sales of Ekoku and Robins to rival teams were ridiculous and cooked our goose that year along with Gunnys injury.

The fact it then took us nine years to return really emphasises what a ****show 94/95 was.

10 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ah, that game 

Amazing, that was a cracker - my first I think.  Got me hooked

2 hours ago, Segura said:

Some horrible memories there, whilst I accepted the sale of Sutton, the subsequent sales of Ekoku and Robins to rival teams were ridiculous and cooked our goose that year along with Gunnys injury.

The fact it then took us nine years to return really emphasises what a ****show 94/95 was.

Indeed, things were looking quite comfortable around Christmas. Then freefall. The squad was in the process of being dismantled. The end of this club's best ever period and imo that particular relegation has had lasting repercussions which continue to have an impact on NCFC's development all these years later. (Has it been that long?!)

• Like 2

Paul Gascoigne for Spurs at Carrow Road. They were playing in a cup semi final the following week and he was determined to prove he was fit. I've never seen a performance like it at Carrow Road. 

• Like 1

Not the best, but a very good performance - Fraser Forster away at Charlton, promotion day. Made some brilliant saves.

I remember Keith O'Neill ripping some team in red apart when I was a kid. Not old enough for memories of Martin O'Neill, however!

Recently, Vrancic v Leeds away was something else. Historically, Hucks v Cardiff comes to mind and going further back, Iwan v Scummers when he scored a brace.

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Paul Gascoigne for Spurs at Carrow Road. They were playing in a cup semi final the following week and he was determined to prove he was fit. I've never seen a performance like it at Carrow Road. 

Remember it well. I sat in the south stand that night and Gazzer took the ball out of the sky at one point . I swear there was a tiny ripple of applause around me from the home fans 😂

• Thanks 1