CANARYKING

Alternatively boycott the” lap “

I can't see them doing it this season surely, not with the current discord between the club and the fans

Edited by AJ

No banners, no protests, no boycotts, it's our club.

We all know what the problem is. Delia might be obstinate, selfish, bossy or whatever, but she's surely not that thick-skinned. The "message" has surely trickled through by now.

It is not all about the money for many of us wanting change at the top, I should imagine. The club has become stale, risk averse and over-cosy to the extent that it now has Chumps written all over it. When we see that lovely old pair glorifying in various stands in various magnificent stadiums throughout the land on our screens, without fail,  at every single match, it is difficult not to formulate that 'oh so comfy image' and a sure reason why we seem to have become somewhat of a laughingstock within the game due to our pathetic efforts when faced with the quality of the  Premier League. A league that supporters of all clubs would virtually die to be involved in.

Of course, any new input into the top echelons of the club might well include the fact that more vital funds should automatically become available. It could hardly mean less, after all, but that needn't be the be all and end all of the matter.  Cobwebs have accumulated, a deep clear out is needed with fresh air pumped in. Febreeze alone is not enough, especially as fan alienation has crept in.

Delia's reign has not been without its highlights. Much has been the kind of fun that supporting a football club is all about, but everyone and everything has that ubiquitous sell-by date.

The improvements at Colney have been outstanding and spot on, and the much maligned Stuart Webber deserves so much mention in all that has evolved there. Our youth production has surpassed that of most.

Let these now be  lasting  'monuments' to our pair  of old codgers. It's not a small achievement, for sure.

It's just a pity that a gleaming new Delia Smith Stand could not have been that recognition.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If they do a lap after the Spurs game somebody at Carrow Road will not have been reading the room.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If they do a lap after the Spurs game somebody at Carrow Road will not have been reading the room.

If we lose 4/5-0 again (which is looking very likely) then I can't imagine there will be many fans left anyway

Judging by the state of some of the threads on here, I would strongly recommend they don't do it this season!

Ideal opportunity for the kids ( and some adults) to hold up a piece of card with    “can I have your shirt please “

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ideal opportunity for the kids ( and some adults) to hold up a piece of card with    “can I have your shirt please “

Sometimes it helps to remember how we all were as kids. I hope they still do the lap of appreciation and those who don't like it just leave at FT to go shout at doorways. Everyone gets what they want, job's a good un🙃

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Sometimes it helps to remember how we all were as kids. I hope they still do the lap of appreciation and those who don't like it just leave at FT to go shout at doorways. Everyone gets what they want, job's a good un🙃

I dont always agree with your posts NN - But in this case I do, 100%. 

Choices. we all have them. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I dont always agree with your posts NN - But in this case I do, 100%. 

Choices. we all have them. 

100 %  There  will be some who wish to show appreciation to the team/ club ... no problem with that. As Nuttyo put it so succinctly  , there will be some who wish to shout at doorways.... fair enough too.  There also will be some that do neither, who dont feel the club deserves applause, yet also don't see the point in mobbing club staff after the game, as that is what it will be , guaranteed to sink to the lowest common denominator. Disgruntled fans, some with a few on board , cos ya know , booze ' aaaalways improves the atmosphere'.... and the level of rational discourse.

Standby , as the post mortem will read something like .... fans get chance to be shouty for a bit, . Demands not met. Only they are surprised.They go home. Carry on demanding on the internet. NCFC carries on  with its business. 

Of course fans should have the opportunity  to voice their concerns, just dont think itll have much effect , just as the celebrations just one year ago had little effect on the way the Club was run.

Shout , Cheer , Huzzah!!, Boo

Or pi55 into the wind .

Its up to you.

But just remember expectations are just disappointments  waiting to happen.

Its is tough though when the Club mantra is    ' ignore the noise'............ and you're the noise.  😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

But just remember expectations are just disappointments  waiting to happen.

Amen to that Corkio! That's a great line👍

Those that want to be obnoxious about an end of season  moment and use it to vent their anger or whatever are missng the point. I mean it's just a lap to acknowledge the fans. To show thanks to them for their support.

If we have done well in a season it's a celebration for all, if we have done badly, it's a gesture of thanks to the supporters for their support in a difficult season. Either way it's a "we are all in this together" moment.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Amen to that Corkio! That's a great line👍

Funnily enough i got it from a depressed alcoholic. His other wise words were... ' we'll  see'. Needless to say his outlook wasnt  too positive at the time. He's a lot better now .

Edited by wcorkcanary

On 10/05/2022 at 07:38, BroadstairsR said:

No banners, no protests, no boycotts, it's our club.

We all know what the problem is. Delia might be obstinate, selfish, bossy or whatever, but she's surely not that thick-skinned. The "message" has surely trickled through by now.

It is not all about the money for many of us wanting change at the top, I should imagine. The club has become stale, risk averse and over-cosy to the extent that it now has Chumps written all over it. When we see that lovely old pair glorifying in various stands in various magnificent stadiums throughout the land on our screens, without fail,  at every single match, it is difficult not to formulate that 'oh so comfy image' and a sure reason why we seem to have become somewhat of a laughingstock within the game due to our pathetic efforts when faced with the quality of the  Premier League. A league that supporters of all clubs would virtually die to be involved in.

Of course, any new input into the top echelons of the club might well include the fact that more vital funds should automatically become available. It could hardly mean less, after all, but that needn't be the be all and end all of the matter.  Cobwebs have accumulated, a deep clear out is needed with fresh air pumped in. Febreeze alone is not enough, especially as fan alienation has crept in.

Delia's reign has not been without its highlights. Much has been the kind of fun that supporting a football club is all about, but everyone and everything has that ubiquitous sell-by date.

The improvements at Colney have been outstanding and spot on, and the much maligned Stuart Webber deserves so much mention in all that has evolved there. Our youth production has surpassed that of most.

Let these now be  lasting  'monuments' to our pair  of old codgers. It's not a small achievement, for sure.

It's just a pity that a gleaming new Delia Smith Stand could not have been that recognition.

Its not beyond the realm of possibility that Delia or her husband, or both, could still own this club in 15 years. 

That would make them 95, the same age as the Queen. The Queen's husband died at 99.

We could have a long way to go yet.

22 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Yep, some kids had to wait around with the protestors for their signatures. Id hope the lap of appreciation would be a safe place for the kids to get close to the players.

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, some kids had to wait around with the protestors for their signatures. Id hope the lap of appreciation would be a safe place for the kids to get close to the players.

And they say comedy is dead.

Clearly another woke kid who was taught that failure was just an alternative to success at school.

8 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

And they say comedy is dead.

Clearly another woke kid who was taught that failure was just an alternative to success at school.

Jaysus and Mary on a Tandem!!  At what age is it a good idea to mix kids with sweary, possibly aled up protesters? Ive a good idea , lets send all u14s to the Ukraine  frontline so they can see for  themselves what humans can be like.  Sometimes your efforts to be controversial make you look brainless, are you Buhbyanothername ?

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah....It's a cruel world out there....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Yeah....It's a cruel world out there....

Ffs Mellooo , alongside  Noraho in opinions? Thought you  were above that, just cos its Hoggo , no need to have a dig ....or do you really think its a good idea to mix juveniles with possibly quite miffed ,vocal protesters. Says quite a bit if you do.

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Ffs Mellooo , alongside  Noraho in opinions? Thought you  were above that, just cos its Hoggo , no need to have a dig ....or do you really think its a good idea to mix juveniles with possibly quite miffed ,vocal protesters. Says quite a bit if you do.

Well it is a cruel world out there.....Even more so now that I've been told that Santa and the Easter Bunny don't exist....

(I hope no kids are reading this)....

Still got the tooth fairy though....put a pre molar under my pillow she took my teggy and she left an IOU for 50p.....

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Well it is a cruel world out there.....Even more so now that I've been told that Santa and the Easter Bunny don't exist....

(I hope no kids are reading this)....

Dont they? You have obviously  never met Alice in Wonderland either. You havent lived. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Dont they? You have obviously  never met Alice in Wonderland either. You havent lived. 

No, but I've met our Majority Shareholding Duo in 'La La Land'....

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

It had an expensive gold filling as well?.....

So , negative gains then ? You must have been a very bad boy to upset the fairies.  You do know theyre related to Santa and the Easter Bunny?, deny one , deny them all. I suggest a large dose of Fly Agaric ...... all will be revealed. image.png.bacc586db4cccee0d2835a7f3776d11f.png

Edited by wcorkcanary

I was making Tom Caxton home brew at 13 and floggin' bottles of it to the kids on my estate....

I put a dash o' lemonade in the bottles that the under 12's bought though....I do have a conscience....