Badger

This is what you wanted isn't it?

10 minutes ago, chicken said:

Like people insisting, and continuing to do so, that Webber said he only gave/gives 90% effort whilst working for the club... which despite having been proven to be wrong continue to carry the narrative.

Has there been an announcement from the club or Webber that I've missed Chicken? How has it been proven wrong? What did they say? Has he cranked the dial up all the way to 92%?

OTBC

21 minutes ago, chicken said:

Or perhaps on to nothing.

I have criticised the club, just not to the extent of others. I'm just not someone who wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I have even said that it may well be time for a change of ownership - you just won't get me slagging anyone off as a method to try and persuade people or to concoct some unnecessary nonsense to justify it. Simple reason is money, nothing else. The club isn't poorly run, badly run etc etc etc. Fact is it is incredibly well run on the budget it has - that's pretty much solidly evidenced too.

There is a lot of criticism at the moment, some of it fair, some of it not.

Like people insisting, and continuing to do so, that Webber said he only gave/gives 90% effort whilst working for the club... which despite having been proven to be wrong continue to carry the narrative.

It's also worth noting that it's not like I haven't been vocal earlier in the season, after 4 games, after 5 games, after 'x' games etc etc etc.

Agree or disagree with @TeemuVanBasten, I think it's fair to say we've locked horns all season for having differing views, though we have also agreed at times, more so of late.

No idea what this is about, but I seem to be on the same page as the majority at the moment and that is a very odd feeling, in fact its why I've been on the quiet side, don't quite know what to make of it all 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

You have seen some of the stuff that they published within the group. It denigrates our fans and some of the material aimed at the the owners, I suspect is of questionable legality. It is unquestionably poisonous.

Some of those members will be posters on here. The post won't be as explicit, because this is a moderated forum, however the intention is the same.

My point is (as @TIL 1010 has also made above), these are private groups and it’s not ‘poison’ to those within the group as you would be like minded before joining. If their posts started appearing on my wall to see then yeah I get you point, but there not.  Now if you saying that verdant anti delia’s shouldn’t be allowed to try and convince others of their point of view in a moderated forum and within the rules then that’s not great. Ban the extremists at one end of the argument and you have to ban the opposite end too and you may find your login no longer working!

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

That is an assumption by you and it could be true but it may also be not but you appear rigid in your view so why not name them.

Because whilst I am certain that there is an overlap of membership of these groups and this message board, I am less certain about particular individuals.

For example, given the similarity of some of your posts (regarding rumours etc) I had wondered if you were. However you have assured me that you are not and I trust you in this. 

Nevertheless, I find it unimaginable that a group trying to influence City fans, would not have posters on this message board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Has there been an announcement from the club or Webber that I've missed Chicken? How has it been proven wrong? What did they say? Has he cranked the dial up all the way to 92%?

OTBC

Did you read said article in full? If you had, it is very clear from the question and his answer that he was talking about work-life balance. This is actually backed up by his wife, Zoe Ward, own comments elsewhere a season or so before about how football is not like any other job in that it takes up much more of your time.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No idea what this is about, but I seem to be on the same page as the majority at the moment and that is a very odd feeling, in fact its why I've been on the quiet side, don't quite know what to make of it all 🤣

I feel like we have probably played the part of Statler and Waldorf this season, starting at opposite ends of the argument and then meeting in the middle at the end, or something like that. They'd swap positions, start agreeing, end disagreeing etc etc etc. Though we are by all means, not the only muppets on this forum! 🤣

image.jpeg.a42c4eb2a08acc53bac16a9509f830a5.jpeg

My point was that I'd been fairly vocal most of the season, it's not like I am suddenly throwing down a fresh opinion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Nevertheless, I find it unimaginable that a group trying to influence City fans, would not have posters on this message board.

Toned it down somewhat from your previous post where you claimed with a big degree of ceertainty that ' some of those posters will be members on here '.

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

Did you read his statement? If you did, are you accusing him of lying?

Lol this is ridiculous. 

Nothing is proven. I don't know the bloke and I don't know the people who he's accusing. 

Is Brandon William's going to turn up for a formal investigation and shout in the officials faces:

"Have you read my statement?? Are you accusing me of lying??"

Due course doesn't work that way. 

5 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lol this is ridiculous. 

Nothing is proven. I don't know the bloke and I don't know the people who he's accusing. 

Is Brandon William's going to turn up for a formal investigation and shout in the officials faces:

"Have you read my statement?? Are you accusing me of lying??"

Due course doesn't work that way. 

This isn't a legal forum though. And what you posted suggested that it wasn't true. Or that Williams wasn't telling the truth. Or that it hadn't been suggested someone actually followed him home or started to.

His statement clearly states that. Yes, an investigation has been launched, but I don't think it has been launched to look into whether he is lying or not... which is a bit of an odd stance to take. The club is surrounded by CCTV and it would have taken five minutes to review that and know whether he had left the ground followed or not.

5 minutes ago, chicken said:

This isn't a legal forum though. And what you posted suggested that it wasn't true. Or that Williams wasn't telling the truth. Or that it hadn't been suggested someone actually followed him home or started to.

His statement clearly states that. Yes, an investigation has been launched, but I don't think it has been launched to look into whether he is lying or not... which is a bit of an odd stance to take. The club is surrounded by CCTV and it would have taken five minutes to review that and know whether he had left the ground followed or not.

To be fair, there is an inbetween.

He could have believed he was being followed home, but actually mistaken in that belief.

He doesn't have to be either correct or a liar, he could be incorrect but not a liar. 

Absolutely disgusting if he was followed home, but that doesn't make the OP any less odd, I very much doubt anybody has ever sat here thinking "I wish somebody would follow Brandon Williams home after a game", bit abstract isn't it?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair, there is an inbetween.

He could have believed he was being followed home, but actually mistaken in that belief.

He doesn't have to be either correct or a liar, he could be incorrect but not a liar. 

Absolutely disgusting if he was followed home, but that doesn't make the OP any less odd, I very much doubt anybody has ever sat here thinking "I wish somebody would follow Brandon Williams home after a game", bit abstract isn't it?

I think I need to sit down... you've just given me the me treatment and I'm not sure how to take it. 😄

You are of course right. However, I think taking the opposing view rather than the neutral or supportive position probably isn't good sport at this point. At the least it's clear he was harassed as he left the ground, and was intimidated enough to believe they followed him. Not good either way. It's that sort of behaviour which means things like players being able to come out and give autographs after will become more difficult which is just sad for the young fans and those who like to meet the players.

31 minutes ago, Badger said:

Because whilst I am certain that there is an overlap of membership of these groups and this message board, I am less certain about particular individuals.

For example, given the similarity of some of your posts (regarding rumours etc) I had wondered if you were. However you have assured me that you are not and I trust you in this. 

This just all comes across as a bit weird at worst and almost paranoid at best.

You're potentially right that members of those groups may be on here. But you've got next to zero proof and clearly no actual claim as to who those posters may or may not be. So you've appointed yourself witchfinder general, putting up ranting posts about 'this is what YOU WANTED!' and try to make people justify themselves to you about posts from a private Facebook group they very likely have no idea about.

You've even claimed that some of those posts may cross into illegality, however you're defining that. If you truly believe its that serious then chucking aspersions and groups of people on here isn't the right way to go about it.

29 minutes ago, chicken said:

Did you read said article in full? If you had, it is very clear from the question and his answer that he was talking about work-life balance. This is actually backed up by his wife, Zoe Ward, own comments elsewhere a season or so before about how football is not like any other job in that it takes up much more of your time.

So nothing new then Chicken. Just your opinion -  fair enough. 👍

Was hoping for a smoking gun; must have been loaded with blanks - a Webber special? 😉

Bang Gun GIFs | Tenor

OTBC

All ill say is not all the Delia Out protestors followed Williams home.

But its pretty obvious that all the people who followed Brandon home were Delia Out protestors.

7 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

So nothing new then Chicken. Just your opinion -  fair enough. 👍

Was hoping for a smoking gun; must have been loaded with blanks - a Webber special? 😉

Bang Gun GIFs | Tenor

OTBC

Not really my "opinion" if it's correctly reading and quoting a written piece is it?

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're potentially right that members of those groups may be on here. But you've got next to zero proof and clearly no actual claim as to who those posters may or may not be. So you've appointed yourself witchfinder general, putting up ranting posts about 'this is what YOU WANTED!' and try to make people justify themselves to you about posts from a private Facebook group they very likely have no idea about.

You've even claimed that some of those posts may cross into illegality, however you're defining that. If you truly believe its that serious then chucking aspersions and groups of people on here isn't the right way to go about it.

I'm glad you've got that off your chest KC.

1. Do I really need proof to suggest that's some members of the Delia out organisers also post on here? Are we not allowed to conjecture? Do you genuinely believe that a group trying to influence City fans does not post on here?

2. Which posters have I cast aspersions at? (Except for Hans, who I got wrong and have apologised twice for. Three  times if you count a previous apology.)

3. As for being "witchfinder general" I have tried to avoid naming individuals, because, of course, I have no proof. How can I on an anonymous forum. What I had not expected, was that this reticence to name individuals, would lead to the absurd allegation that I am attacking all posters. Goodness, if you look at the copies from the Facebook group  putting up the material that I think is objectionable, I even went to the trouble of protecting their identity. Some witchhunt!

4. Do you think the messages that I copied to show you were acceptable? 

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

But its pretty obvious that all the people who followed Brandon home were Delia Out protestors.

I think that you have got this wrong. I think that it was arranged by Mick Dennis as a piece of counter espionage to put the wholesome, cuddly Delia out protesters in a bad light.😀

Edited by Badger

Just now, chicken said:

Not really my "opinion" if it's correctly reading and quoting a written piece is it?

Reading a piece of writing and then formulating a collection of thoughts about said piece? 🤔

Yes. That's what an opinion is Chicken. 👍 

Anyway! It's time for bed. I need to give 💯% at work tomorrow. No slacking!  😉

OTBC

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

images (1).jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Reading a piece of writing and then formulating a collection of thoughts about said piece? 🤔

Yes. That's what an opinion is Chicken. 👍 

Anyway! It's time for bed. I need to give 💯% at work tomorrow. No slacking!  😉

OTBC

Sure... though we are talking about context of a piece here, as in, what was actually written. Not interpretation... 

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Badger, whilst I'm not always in agreement with your posts, I've always had you down as an intelligent, level headed kind of chap. However, for whatever reason you've had an an absolute mare on this thread imo. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

So you think that what was posted on the protesters site was ok do you?

Yes Badger, that's exactly what he's saying.

6 hours ago, Badger said:

You might not be able to organise a protest properly so why not pick on individuals?

I'm sick of the half-wit fantasists who think that there are easy solutions to being a yo yo club. The vast majority of fans would be quite happy for you to stay away.

Oh and don't pretend you don't approve of what they did - there have been many on here for months telling us how angry they were! Well you've go want you  wanted. Don't try to disassociate yourself from what you wanted!

Personally, I think picking on young players (or any players for that matter) and shouting abuse at them is pretty stupid. I bit like this thread.

You never win an argument by calling someone a xxxx.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Unless of course you’re playing the ‘what am I’ game and the clue is, a pi55 poor attempt by Australians to make an alcoholic beverage 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Absolutely embarrassed himself tonight but he won't admit it. Amazing how many on here just can never admit they are wrong.

Only Mick Dennis is allowed that privilege... to be fair to Badger he is normally quite rational.. we all have our moments.

50 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Well to be fair on him, I think that he should be allowed to declare his own opinions. However, I'd be surprised if anyone would want to publicly admit support for some of the things that I copied and posted from the site.

Obviously people are welcome to challenge this and explain why they think that these posts are good and helpful.

Edited by Badger
Clarification

43 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Personally, I think picking on young players (or any players for that matter) and shouting abuse at them is pretty stupid. I bit like this thread.

Thank you KF👍

7 hours ago, Badger said:

So you think that what was posted on the protesters site was ok do you?

I'm saying you're reaching a bit claiming that those on here who can be vocal, I'm one of them condone anyone following a player home, we don't. 

As for the FB page, the point was made it's a private group so unless you're a member, which I'm not how have you had access to their posts? It's a private group so none of us would be the wiser until you brought them up, do I condone them? Not bothered either way it's just people spouting off to get likes and shares (seems it worked) it's not the same as following a player home (as Buh said, if that is actually what happened). 

As for the abuse Webber got, again gone about in slightly the wrong manner, as was his part in it too, as they devalue their message by getting personal but I fully believe they had the right to protest to him. 

I think you're slightly missing the point of why so many think you've been a tad silly here. 

6 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Le sigh 🙄

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

6fiz3m.jpg.60ff4b09c1addbcc14d267555b300148.jpg

Implicitly believing a loanee with a story like Swiss cheese and throwing fans under the bus with no evidence and I’m the fool? Yeah, alright mate. You aren’t exactly the worlds greatest detective are you.