Badger

This is what you wanted isn't it?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Both parties went too far including Mr Webber. 

My question was whether anyone on here supported the verbal abuse of Webber? We both know that they did.

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A senior poster on this forum said in a post last week that things could get a bit tasty after the game. Perhaps a bit of a silly thing to say..... 

I could be wrong but i am assuming you are aiming that in my direction so may i suggest you revisit the thread ' PinkUn State of the nation ' and take another look at what i actually said about what would happen yesterday. Stating that ' things could get a bit nasty ' is using poetic license.

Btw check out the replies to the tweet

hes got the pats on the head from the United fans just like wee Billy got the pats on the head from the Chelsea fans.

mission accomplished 

• Like 1

I'm not really aware of the politics on the site as I don't post that much, but what did or didn't happen to Brandon William's seems to be used as nothing more than a spring board in this thread to go after fellow posters. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

And now it goes to the national press.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brandon-williams-instagram-norwich-manutd-26917196

"Norwich fans are reported to have waited outside Carrow Road after the game, made threats towards the full back and then followed him home which is a deeply worrying development. But the England under-21 international's representatives have now issued a strongly worded statement praising the majority of Norwich fans as he has received messages of support but a minority appear to have singled him out after a difficult season for the club."

Well done protest organisers! 👏

Sorry but trying to dig at some of the negative posters on here as somehow to blame for this is nonsense.

The players and staff should count themselves lucky they play for our fans. You put this group in front of West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds, even ****ing Brighton fans and they’d be getting a hell of a lot more **** than they are from ours. Let’s be clear about that. 

To try to blame posters as ‘asking for this’ or ‘getting what they wanted’ just because they boo’d off the team a couple of times and shouted a couple of swears words from the anonymity of the stands, clearly does not equate to supporting, enabling or wanting fans to target and harass individual players away from the football pitch. Really really poor angle for your post Badger. 

I find the constant need to go at our fans inaccurate and pathetic. Rather than blaming the fans on here who are totally understandably ticked off at one of the most disappointing seasons in our history maybe you should blame the idiots who did this in the first place? It’s laughable that this is where you chose to point your finger first as opposed to the twats themselves!

I for one am sure as **** that absolutely no one on here wants to see that kind of thing.

Honestly tired of sticking up for our fans at this point. These posters who have such a low opinion of our fanbase, it’s absolute nonsense.

We have some of the nicest, tamest, supportive fans in the country, even the negative ones on here are 10x more polite than the foul and extreme abuse other teams’ fans wilfully throw around on their forums. 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Literally like me as an alcoholic (I’m not) having a bad regression because my mate had a single pint in the pub and blaming it on him. 🤣

How did he know the people that were “following” him were Norwich fans?

did they have an inflatable canary on the roof?

the only explanation is it was Norwich fans?

not mistaken identity? Not him just imagining it?

some of you guys wouldn’t make particularly good detectives…

“looks like another open and shut case chief!”

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Oh and don't pretend you don't approve of what they did - there have been many on here for months telling us how angry they were! Well you've go want you  wanted. Don't try to disassociate yourself from what you wanted!

Are you talking here about the massive thread about booing being okay or not? Otherwise I’m not really sure where I can remember fans condoning any kind of abuse. Or is booing from the stands considered abuse to you? In which case you must be new to football…

I personally haven't seen people on here calling for others to abuse players or staff, but maybe I have missed it? If so, they're not genuine supporters. There are ways to show frustration and this is clearly not is. Very strange OP though, are you suggesting those posters on here not happy woth the direction of the club at the moment support and relish on players potentially getting followed home? 

Lots to unpack here I see...

1- it goes without saying that following a player home after a game is psycho behaviour that barely anyone would endorse. I hope those involved enjoy their lifetime bans from the club, they've earned them.

2- I'd love to understand what Badger has seen on here that constitutes spreading hate. I'm assuming it means being critical of the club or players but some examples to back up these histrionic claims of radicalisation would be nice.

51 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Is the charge here the people that allegedly abused Brandon after the game and allegedly followed him home have been loitering here on the Pinkun forum; ingesting hatred and calls to violence which has led them to allegedly do this? That is patently ridiculous if so.

🤣🤣🤣

Just now, king canary said:

2- I'd love to understand what Badger has seen on here that constitutes spreading hate. I'm assuming it means being critical of the club or players but some examples to back up these histrionic claims of radicalisation would be nice.

I bet talking about the discussion we had about whether booing is or isn’t okay…

1 hour ago, Badger said:

You might not be able to organise a protest properly so why not pick on individuals?

I'm sick of the half-wit fantasists who think that there are easy solutions to being a yo yo club. The vast majority of fans would be quite happy for you to stay away.

Oh and don't pretend you don't approve of what they did - there have been many on here for months telling us how angry they were! Well you've go want you  wanted. Don't try to disassociate yourself from what you wanted!

Nobody on here condones this kind of behaviour Badger. Whoever is responsible should be prosecuted if they have broken the law and the club should take their own actions against them as well.

If you truly believe posters on here have been instigating violence or anti-social behaviour, can I ask why you haven't reported it to the administrator of the site or even the police? Which posters are you even referring to? I've been critical of quite a few of our players and Webber - am I on your list?

Fans criticising players/managers/sporting directors/owners is par for the course in football, and especially on a football forum. There won't be a single poster on here who hasn't at some point had a go at another fan or an employee of the club on here. Let's be honest here - you regularly belittle and insult other posters on here you don't agree with - is that kind of abuse OK then? I've sometimes crossed that line myself as well.

By insinuating that posts on here have directly caused what happened to Brandon - which you have no evidence for - you will simply have the affect of curtailing free speech. If fans want to criticise a player, a sporting director or even the pope no-one should be kowtowed into silence.The law allows us to debate. The law allows us to disagree. The law allows us to insult. It does not allow us to harass and threaten others as has happened to Brandon and I hope those that have done so get what they deserve. 

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I'm not really aware of the politics on the site as I don't post that much, but what did or didn't happen to Brandon William's seems to be used as nothing more than a spring board in this thread to go after fellow posters. 

Yeah, we get variations of this sort of post most times we have a bad season, although usually its more 'fans are a disgrace for not supporting enough' LDC type stuff, rather than claims people on here endorse intimidation or harassment. 

Usually what happens is a poster who was very positive going into the season needs to take out their frustration but can't bring themselves to criticise the club as that would involve an admission they got it wrong so instead they last out at the fans. Always fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger said:

You might not be able to organise a protest properly so why not pick on individuals?

I'm sick of the half-wit fantasists who think that there are easy solutions to being a yo yo club. The vast majority of fans would be quite happy for you to stay away.

Nobody supports this behaviour. It’s unacceptable if he was abused as appears to be the case. 

But equally you also cannot disassociate the situation from the leadership vacuum that has followed relegation and the Webber interview because it has caused a spiralling toxicity that has not been headed off or confronted/diffused in the way it should have been. A decent chairman or CEO prevents or manages this growing situation. Instead, all that has happened is the drawbridge has gone up and Dean Smith and the players have been left bearing the brunt of fan frustration that is really aimed elsewhere but some people can’t control themselves and will lash out at the first target that presents itself/the wrong targets. 

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

And now it goes to the national press.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brandon-williams-instagram-norwich-manutd-26917196

"Norwich fans are reported to have waited outside Carrow Road after the game, made threats towards the full back and then followed him home which is a deeply worrying development. But the England under-21 international's representatives have now issued a strongly worded statement praising the majority of Norwich fans as he has received messages of support but a minority appear to have singled him out after a difficult season for the club."

They didn’t “follow him home” though. He doesn’t say that. This kind of exaggeration (as happened with the Gilmour chants at Palace) does not help matters either. 

Slightly off topic but this is now gathering national coverage. Delia won't stand for all this negative press for much longer; I suspect we will have a statement from the top brass this week  

28 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

People on this board harrasing and targeting certain posters..? Say it anit so. Surprised site rules have not been updated regarding this, happens far too often.

• Like 2

Anyone overstepping the mark and breaking the law deserves to be punished and following someone home and threatening someone as they get into their car is certainly that.

However criticising members of the board and calling for their jobs after an abysmal performance this season in vocal protests is fair game.

Strange that people cant make the distinction between the two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, priceyrice said:

I suspect we will have a statement from the top brass this week

Hmmm, along the lines of "Keep calm and carry on" (Will this do? check for spellings, add OTBC, family club, Everest challenge, committed to bounce straight back up...add padding, bah, blah, blah. Ed). 🤣

Apples

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

image.png.2347de891a450acdaac5bcc87e485446.png

Actually your right, I just read this post and went and assassinated John Lennon.

Embarrassing blub fest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Usually what happens is a poster who was very positive going into the season needs to take out their frustration but can't bring themselves to criticise the club as that would involve an admission they got it wrong so instead they last out at the fans. Always fun.

Lets put this to the test.... 

Chicken might provide a good example here during the Villa game thread when relegation was confirmed:

On 30/04/2022 at 16:55, chicken said:

Well, some folks will finally get the wish they have wanted since Christmas and our relegation confirmed.

I hope some have a little wobble of their heads and ask themselves why they have wanted this for so long?

Enevitable, bitter, disappointing, but I have been embarrassed mainly by the small, online vocal few, who have been on a witch hunt since game 5.

So what he actually meant was:

On 30/04/2022 at 16:55, chicken said:

Well, Webber and Delia will finally get the wish they have wanted since Christmas and our relegation confirmed.

I hope they have a little wobble of their heads and ask themselves why they have wanted this for so long?

Enevitable, bitter, disappointing, but I have been embarrassed mainly by the group of players who have been on a pitch  unt since game 5.

I think you might be on to something here.