Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop14

Boycott the Spurs Game

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s pretty much how it works at a match, I guess you start all the pro club chants at Carrow Road ? 

Hes waiting for the camera man in front of him to start one............He's right behind him! 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm renowned for it in 'the blankets'.

So what have you actually done to try to effect the changes you want? I think it's a fair question?

What can any average fan do other than voice their displeasure? Of course you want a list that probably includes me personally finding new ownership. I don’t think Delia’s the sharpest tool in the box but even she knows plenty want her gone now. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What can any average fan do other than voice their displeasure? Of course you want a list that probably includes me personally finding new ownership. I don’t think Delia’s the sharpest tool in the box but even she knows plenty want her gone now. 

But where have you voiced your displeasure? Have you contacted anyone at our club? Written to a newspaper? Waved a bed sheet? 

Now there's a thought. Take a bed sheet on Wednesday. It will be noticed. Probably make the papers. Could even be shown on TV! Just an old sheet and marker pen. What have you got to lose?

28 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hes waiting for the camera man in front of him to start one............He's right behind him! 

I always knew that cameraman would come in handy for something.

Edited by nutty nigel
Typo

2 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

If we really want to hammer home how disgruntled, upset, and angry we are at the state of the club, we all need to boycott the last home game of the season. Dean Smith said a few weeks back that he can’t see any apathy in the stands. We need to ensure that he, along with Mr Webber and Delia/MWJ, are under no illusions that apathy is rife and we’re done with the embarrassment.

Besides, who on earth wants to spend a nice, late Spring Sunday afternoon watching our pathetic excuse of a football team get demolished by Spurs? I can’t think of a more joyless experience. If you need a dose of football that weekend, go find a local Sunday league game to watch, it will be infinitely more rewarding.

A former manager of ours during the wilderness years of the mid to late 00s once said that the biggest problem with this football club is that no matter how bad it gets, there’s still 25k+ fans in the ground week in, week out. Let’s change that for Spurs.

Haven't gone to the last 2 home games and won't be going again. Struggling to have any enthusiasm for wasting my weekend and ending up in a bad mood. Even those I share my season tickets with haven't wanted to go in my place. 

Thousands will stay after the Spurs match to applaud the players and coaches for their efforts this season. Responsibility for our failure is not theirs nor is it that of the DoF. Simply, our business model does not support the necessary quality to be competitive in the PL. Going forward the greater risk is that our business model will not support competitive second tier football, especially in a world of  reduced parachute payments (for which our business model arguably bears some culpability but that is another debate). Indeed, the level of ambition and football competitiveness it implies is entirely aligned and consistent with the vast majority of attendees at Carrow Road. Come August the ground will be full again and clapping will be to the fore much like it will be after the Spurs game.

Edited by Highland Canary

I don't have a ticket for spurs game and no way I am paying £43 for one. I did go yesterday but only as I had a freebie. Fair play to ticket holders for turning up - I would never tell people they should stay away. That said it think the empty seats - second half yesterday - will be making a big impression. I have no info at all but a hunch that some serious reflection is ongoing, along the lines of 'Are we the team to start afresh with another grand multi-year plan?'. Well, let's see, but if ever there is a time to be putting a bit more pressure on (even if lacking a clear vision of what change is wanted), this is it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Green Canary said:

I don't have a ticket for spurs game and no way I am paying £43 for one. I did go yesterday but only as I had a freebie. Fair play to ticket holders for turning up - I would never tell people they should stay away. That said it think the empty seats - second half yesterday - will be making a big impression. I have no info at all but a hunch that some serious reflection is ongoing, along the lines of 'Are we the team to start afresh with another grand multi-year plan?'. Well, let's see, but if ever there is a time to be putting a bit more pressure on (even if lacking a clear vision of what change is wanted), this is it.

I'm sure you're right and I am confident we will see some sort of change.

But, as for putting pressure on, wouldn't it be better to buy the ticket and not use it?

I'll be going. Important to suffer the bad times as well as appreciate the good. I hope everyone leaves before the lap of honour though, I certainly won't stay for that.

If the players want to show some appreciation then I would suggest they start by showing some effort on the pitch.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm sure you're right and I am confident we will see some sort of change.

But, as for putting pressure on, wouldn't it be better to buy the ticket and not use it?

I had already put my seat on buyback. Does that count as boycotting or do I need to take the seat off buyback and then not go?😍

• Haha 1

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

I had already put my seat on buyback. Does that count as boycotting or do I need to take the seat off buyback and then not go?😍

I think someone needs to purchase it - but not go! 

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Definitely can't be a boycott if the seat's on buyback.

No pain no gain...

• Sad 1

The club already has your money if you're a season ticket holder, they won't care whether you actually turn up or not. The only thing that'll make the board sit up is if season ticket sales fall through the floor, and they start losing money, so can't see much point in boycotting.

4 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

The club already has your money if you're a season ticket holder, they won't care whether you actually turn up or not. The only thing that'll make the board sit up is if season ticket sales fall through the floor, and they start losing money, so can't see much point in boycotting.

Ive already paid in full for mine. Can I postpone my boycott (if applicable) for a season? 

Seriously I agree if youve paid it makes no difference to the club / board if you attend or not. 

I thought about joining the ' disgruntled throng' protesting yesterday after that ho-hum deflating game - and miserably exited the stadium and started to make my way to the area of noisy discontent as I reminisced about those 'Chase Out' protest days ....

I then noticed as well as the local media in attendance that Norfolk's Finest Bobbies were filming the so called minuscule minded, ungrateful, boorish, sad, selfish, ill informed rabble...

Mmh, right ok...I then quickly came to my senses and thought.....'I really don't wanna criminal record or have my precious DNA taken - or to feature on the next episode of Crimewatch UK or that Criminals Caught on Camera series'....'Therefore, (and as I'm a fine upstanding law abiding model citizen and have a reputation to maintain).... "I really mustn't get involved!"....."I'll no doubt be stitched up like a kipper by the law and probably heaven forbid, be put in the same cell as Boris Becker!"....(I bl00dy hate tennis)...

So I then stopped dead in my tracks....Uncannily and to my surprise 'and you ain't gonna believe this folks'....Right there within my touching distance were Nutty an' Big Dunc who then passed me as they headed away from that rebellious ranting rabble....

I then had an epiphany moment....

Hang on...these two blokes are true fans, they're Pa an' Son family and are also respected Pink un posters and members of the NCFC 'Yellow Army Family.' They follow an' support our club whatever. They're loyal supporters, they know the score, been there, seen it an' done it - they have probably also got the T-shirts to prove it...They're certainly not like them so-called ungrateful supporters, some stood on the wall with a manky bed sheet, being all rather shouty an' total belligerent buffoons....Those pathetic protesting oiks are just the minority and haven't a hope in hell of instigating change....The Fools!

I paused and smiled as Nutty (nice cap) an' Big Dunc (sunglasses perched on polished pate) went past the burger caravan and disappeared out of my line o' sight.....I waited a while listening to the sporadic shouts and the rebellious rantings of the disgruntled, an' thinking that this protest is as embarrassing as today's performance on the pitch....I shook my head and thought 'Hey, I'm not wasting my valuable pub an' social time here, the sun is out - and my 'Guinness' is a callin'.....   

I then spun around and with determined purpose strode away distancing myself from the protesting pimple heads and made my way down Wherry Road....I soon caught up with Nutty an' Big Dunc and I was just about to say 'hello' and introduce myself and thank them for making me see the light and it was then....

I had another epiphany moment....

"Hang on Mello....Now just you whoa there boy....WTF are you doing?"...."These two are Delia luvvin' NCFC Board and Club apologists who probably dislike you and your ilk with a passion!"....If there's no friction, no rivalry, no personal spats or no indifference...then this forum will just probably dry up an' disappear?.....

"Pull yourself together man and think where this could lead to?"....I then immediately put my head down and quickened my pace and breezed past the Pink un Pater and Son...."Phew I dodged a bullet there, I should have stayed at the protest and  been shouty and raging and directing my ire at the current state of the club....That Guinness would keep, they can have my DNA and being on Crimewatch or Crims on Cam would give me some cred with the Norwich Norty set and all the ladies love a wrong 'un....Oh, and maybe a cell with Boris Becker wouldn't be all that bad - as he could teach me German and improve my back-hand and serve....Well anyway it's too late now - but maybe I'll take an old manky bed sheet with anti board comments daubed on it down to Carra on Sunday 22nd May against Spurs?...

DELIA OUT! BOARD OUT! WEBBO OUT! AND GET YOUR YA-YA'S OUT!..... 

11 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I thought about joining the ' disgruntled throng' protesting yesterday after that ho-hum deflating game - and miserably exited the stadium and started to make my way to the area of noisy discontent as I reminisced about those 'Chase Out' protest days ....

I then noticed as well as the local media in attendance that Norfolk's Finest Bobbies were filming the so called minuscule minded, ungrateful, boorish, sad, selfish, ill informed rabble...

Mmh, right ok...I then quickly came to my senses and thought.....'I really don't wanna criminal record or have my precious DNA taken - or to feature on the next episode of Crimewatch UK or that Criminals Caught on Camera series'....'Therefore, (and as I'm a fine upstanding law abiding model citizen and have a reputation to maintain).... "I really mustn't get involved!"....."I'll no doubt be stitched up like a kipper by the law and probably heaven forbid, be put in the same cell as Boris Becker!"....(I bl00dy hate tennis)...

So I then stopped dead in my tracks....Uncannily and to my surprise 'and you ain't gonna believe this folks'....Right there within my touching distance were Nutty an' Big Dunc who then passed me as they headed away from that rebellious ranting rabble....

I then had an epiphany moment....

Hang on...these two blokes are true fans, they're Pa an' Son family and are also respected Pink un posters and members of the NCFC 'Yellow Army Family.' They follow an' support our club whatever. They're loyal supporters, they know the score, been there, seen it an' done it - they have probably also got the T-shirts to prove it...They're certainly not like them so-called ungrateful supporters, some stood on the wall with a manky bed sheet, being all rather shouty an' total belligerent buffoons....Those pathetic protesting oiks are just the minority and haven't a hope in hell of instigating change....The Fools!

I paused and smiled as Nutty (nice cap) an' Big Dunc (sunglasses perched on polished pate) went past the burger caravan and disappeared out of my line o' sight.....I waited a while listening to the sporadic shouts and the rebellious rantings of the disgruntled, an' thinking that this protest is as embarrassing as today's performance on the pitch....I shook my head and thought 'Hey, I'm not wasting my valuable pub an' social time here, the sun is out - and my 'Guinness' is a callin'.....   

I then spun around and with determined purpose strode away distancing myself from the protesting pimple heads and made my way down Wherry Road....I soon caught up with Nutty an' Big Dunc and I was just about to say 'hello' and introduce myself and thank them for making me see the light and it was then....

I had another epiphany moment....

"Hang on Mello....Now just you whoa there boy....WTF are you doing?"...."These two are Delia luvvin' NCFC Board and Club apologists who probably dislike you and your ilk with a passion!"....If there's no friction, no rivalry, no personal spats or no indifference...then this forum will just probably dry up an' disappear?.....

"Pull yourself together man and think where this could lead to?"....I then immediately put my head down and quickened my pace and breezed past the Pink un Pater and Son...."Phew I dodged a bullet there, I should have stayed at the protest and  been shouty and raging and directing my ire at the current state of the club....That Guinness would keep, they can have my DNA and being on Crimewatch or Crims on Cam would give me some cred with the Norwich Norty set and all the ladies love a wrong 'un....Oh, and maybe a cell with Boris Becker wouldn't be all that bad - as he could teach me German and improve my back-hand and serve....Well anyway it's too late now - but maybe I'll take an old manky bed sheet with anti board comments daubed on it down to Carra on Sunday 22nd May against Spurs?...

DELIA OUT! BOARD OUT! WEBBO OUT! AND GET YOUR YA-YA'S OUT!..... 

Went past the burger van? Are you sure? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Went past the burger van? Are you sure? 

Nutty walked behind it....dunno, I lost sight o' Big Dunc?....

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Nutty walked behind it....dunno, I lost sight o' Big Dunc?....

It’s only a matter of time until the three of you are sharing beverages and seated together to cheer the City on. 

Simplest way is to go to the game and leave before the “ lap “ or when the seventh goal goes in.

I simply haven’t got the emotional energy to go to the spurs game.

it’s a sad state of affairs where the stow market 2 have taken the club 

I’m not going to the Spurs game. Not because I feel the need to “boycott “ the fixture to send a message to the Owners and Directors. What would be point? They are not listening. No, I am not going to the game because I have had enough of watching that total dross served up as entertainment. Really have better ways to be kept amused. 

Going anyway - Hospitality paid for by a THFC supporter 😀

There's a lot of things wrong with the club but I still love it and boycotting the game will achieve nothing. After all, when we do get the offer of sponsorship, we turn it down for 'ethical' reasons - so you get what you deserve. A Top 26 side that is financially run well. Just needs the management and some of the players offloaded, not the owners.

That, or some dubious foreign entrepreneur with a shady background in arms dealing or the sex/drugs trade looking at a takeover for a 'laundry'.

• Haha 1

I can never quite understand the need for demonstrations or suggestions of boycotts.I am pretty sure that everyone at Carrow Road are well aware of the opinions of supporters for this sorry season

Besides there are two teams on the pitch and much as I support city I also appreciate the qualities of our opponents.

I imagine the game will follow the same pattern as most of the other games that we have had to watch and city will once again disappoint but I will look forward to seeing Kane ,Son and Moura etc.

• Haha 1

We should make a stand by really making a point - silent clapping followed by a stern look, that should do the trick the board would really know how angry we feel,😀

If this game had empty seats the club would still not worry they have got wanted to go down and do it all again . We had good players here so why not keep them and we would have been in the premier league next season.

26 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I can never quite understand the need for demonstrations or suggestions of boycotts.I am pretty sure that everyone at Carrow Road are well aware of the opinions of supporters for this sorry season

Besides there are two teams on the pitch and much as I support city I also appreciate the qualities of our opponents.

I imagine the game will follow the same pattern as most of the other games that we have had to watch and city will once again disappoint but I will look forward to seeing Kane ,Son and Moura etc.

With Kane, Son and Moura etc. on the pitch it could end up being a cricket score.

21 hours ago, Bert said:

I simply haven’t got the emotional energy to go to the spurs game.

it’s a sad state of affairs where the stow market 2 have taken the club 

From the look of lack of fans in the last match you're not the only one and I don't blame you

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

From the look of lack of fans in the last match you're not the only one and I don't blame you

Would you consider boycotting matches Cambridgeshire? 

• Haha 1