Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

So who do you go get?

Again, put yourself in either Delia, SW, or ds' shoes and what would you do? 

Your realistic transfer or personnel targets?

Robins anyone? 

Woy as dof?

What about proven champ players Dwight Gayle or alike? Aden flint? Jamal back? Josh Murphy? Not saying we should go back but just what would YOU do?

For a Start . SW needs to take off his normal 👞 shoes , Put on his mountaineering boots and head up Everest as quick as possible. Go Now.

• Like 1

Look for any player with a PA of plus 180 and suitable CA. Restart the game if I looked set to be relegated or had too many injuries and  manage a certain Suffolk based club whose players I would release on frees and would replace with a load of crocks for extortionate wages.

That's how football works right?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Robins anyone? 

Woy as dof?

What about proven champ players Dwight Gayle or alike? Aden flint? Jamal back? Josh Murphy? Not saying we should go back but just what would YOU do?

Rob Newman Director of Football

Would then be up to him whether he wants to work with Dean Smith or somebody else.

Delia & Co have no business appointing the manager, they just need to worry about the Sporting Director / Director of Football, and setting that persons budget for the season, the current one isn't committed and has under performed.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

4 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Look for any player with a PA of plus 180 and suitable CA. Restart the game if I looked set to be relegated or had too many injuries and  manage a certain Suffolk based club whose players I would release on frees and would replace with a load of crocks for extortionate wages.

Yep. Good old PA and CA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1902 said:

I used to get the editor but wouldn't use it to cheat for my team, only to utterly ruin Ipswich.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Isn't that exactly what Paul Lambert did? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rob Newman Director of Football

Would then be up to him whether he wants to work with Dean Smith or somebody else.

Delia & Co have no business appointing the manager, they just need to worry about the Sporting Director / Director of Football, and setting that persons budget for the season, the current one isn't committed and has under performed.

Yes and Cooper as coach if Forest don't go up.

After the utterly disappointing season, with large hike in prices, poor DOF performance, his utter disrespect to the club and fans by his action and statement that he’s only here because Delia begged him and he’s only prepared to give us 90%, Smith inability to set up a team, know his best players or to motivate the player to the cause……they should all go!

Delia shown she’s far too old to be heading a club by giving too much power to those directly under her who use it to focus on climbing mountains rather then focus on the club, so if Tom is to be next in line, fine let him lead, retire to the supporters lounge and let a younger guy with possibly more dynamic personality and probably attune to the fans! Fist change, Tom in charge, second if Neal Adams is being groomed to take the DOF after Webber now is a great time, he’s a club legend, knows the media and has been doing a good job with youth loans, second change, last Smith is a lovely guy, he doesn’t fit this club, he’s the type of manager who can get high salary spending clubs up, Villa, but fails on a budget, winning manager and one who does it on a budget, knows how to get a team playing well and has links to our club, Robins, third change.

That way those who want a change from the top get it, Webber gone and Smith too, this solution might not be popular with some but it should appease pro Delia and anti Delia fans alike and gives the club fresh momentum to move forwards under the same structure but fresh ideas! Just my view on a viable option and one which I believe gives us the best chance of promotion. Our players obviously haven’t taken fully to Smith and there’s not going to be wholesale changes as we can’t fully fund it!

Edited by Indy

We’ve missed the boat on Robins, absolutely would have been the man (in my opinion) joking apart, Norwich and Robins would work so well together. 

1 hour ago, NeymarSmith said:

Robins anyone? 

Woy as dof?

I wouldn't be signing any of those players you've listed there.

• Like 1

Jack Stephens on a free from Southampton would be a good CB for championship , if the promoted sides don’t fancy taking a punt on him 

it’s clear we need some voices / leaders on the pitch and dressing room so I imagine Dean Smith will look at some of his former villa players, perhaps Hourihane to add that to the squad 

1 minute ago, Tommo said:

Jack Stephens on a free from Southampton would be a good CB for championship , if the promoted sides don’t fancy taking a punt on him 

it’s clear we need some voices / leaders on the pitch and dressing room so I imagine Dean Smith will look at some of his former villa players, perhaps Hourihane to add that to the squad 

Hourihane??? That's a joke right

11 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Hourihane??? That's a joke right

I hope it is but the way our entire club is a joke at the minute it wouldn’t surprise me at all

20 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Twine for a start.. mk dons staying in L1 next season. He will be easier to pry away from them now 

I agree about Twine and I would also get a Liam Manning as coach 

Young, Norwich born and bred and gets his team playing the right way. Said to have developed Declan Rice and seems to have brought on Twine massively.

While we’re there we might as well get Liam Sweeting as a 3 for the price of 2 as Sporting Director

I’m joking a bit as I don’t know a huge amount about Sweeting but he’s the sort of person I think we should be interviewing to replace Webber. Young (he’s only 33!!) and from outside the club with fresh ideas to build on Webber’s legacy

Appointing Adams as a continuity candidate (which I think they’ll do) or even bringing back Farke as SD as some people are saying just means more of the same

It would be a big gamble of course, but much more fun than I fear it will be under Smith and Webber/Adams  

22 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Cooper hasn’t yet shown he can build a team of club bought players. Great if you don’t mind a load of loanees. 

I'd still fancy El Ghazi, who's had a nightmare time since joinig Everton. Good grafter and pitches in with goals from midfield, something we've lacked all season 

21 hours ago, Bert said:

Would love to see Chris Hughton as DoF

Are the authorities aware that you have escaped from the secure institution again?

• Haha 1

Putting myself in the clubs position, I'm getting back to the core model pretty sharpish.  I wouldn't sign anyone except CDM's.   We need to sort out the talent most untapped yet!  

Send the loans back early or just set them aside,  There would be some complete honesty and transparency with the fans, including acknowledgement of failures then an outline of how we make this model work properly.    I’d analyse the scouting system as a major priority and ensure what went wrong is put right.    I’d identify who can’t compete in the EPL (Zimmermann, McLean, Platcheta, Rupp, Sargent, Gibson, Hernandez (sadly) Hugill and McGovern) and get active on selling them / moving them on asap… would keep Giannoulis, Dowell, Lees-Melou likely as back-up as have no faith they could make the step up; up to them then to prove their ability.    Yes, we will no doubt suffer some losses on our investments.

The next three players we'd sign would all be central defensive midfielders of varying experience, who can anticipate danger and all having some bottle, energy and drive.   Aftre that we need some set-piece ability. 

Learning lessons, we have some fundamentals : -

1)      wouldn't be loaning any players, especially in the championship and only experienced ones in the Premier League to add to what we have.   Stars like Olly Skipp wouldn’t be preventing development of our own and leaving huge holes we couldn’t fill!

2)      There wouldn't be an unwritten rule that players can expect to leave if they get good, they'd be encouraged to play for us and repay the trust.    They'd leave on our terms, when it makes sense…. Buendia didn’t leave on our terms, it didn’t make sense.

3)      I wouldn’t buy this ‘if your not happy’, it would be ‘you signed a contract, lets get to work’.

4)      We’d have a more robust / competitive playing style and they’d be much more savvy / street wise!  That would run through the club. 

5)      On promotion we would have built a capable squad and the only additions would improve the group, not replacements and none of them would have no experience, our club is full of quality that has no experience.    None of the loans offered that and Tzolis, Rashica and Sargent have never even played England.  That wouldn’t happen again. 

6)      We would be p*ssing off the EPL for the right reasons, lobbying against VAR and the rules since they’ve ruined the game.  

Would keep the spine of Krul, Gunn, Hanley, Byram, Rashica, Pukki and subject to assurances Cantwell, having thrown his phone in the Wensum, I’d give him one last chance and get an experienced CDM plus two to develop.   Then bring through the youngsters Tzolis, Rowe, Idah and Omobamidele, McCallum, Mumba, Springett and plenty others..    

I’d tell Deano and Shakey to forget promotion next season in favour of opportunity to youngsters and to develop a 20-man squad over two or three years and if they are less than 100% in, they can go.   Then its between Farke ( he’s not good enough for the EPL but he’s also never had the tools to succeed either, and he could learn into it) or someone else who can develop players, is brave and could fit the bill! 

I still believe that done well, this model could succeed, so I wouldn’t compromise it like we have done.   We’ve just got the scouting badly wrong, the loan system and we're too soft and in truth neither promotion have we been ready.  That can’t happen again. 

It's too late now. As much as I think he has been dreadful so far, Smith does at the very least deserves some time and a transfer window to rebuild to his own style

I would look to handing over the club to fresh blood and ideas and make a point of actively looking for that... I would immediately remove Webber, as the trust between him and the fans is gone (Rob Newman would be a good shout) and I would look to install a strong chairman to help focus and improve the performance of the staff at the club.

After all those years in charge they deserve to put their feet up and just enjoy match days.

• Like 1

Smith is a good manager who has been improving as his career has gone on, it got stale for him at Villa but that happens, often times players just need a new voice and new ideas which is why he had his 5 game losing streak there and it's also why I'm not as against sacking managers like most people seem to be.

Let him have a summer to get some of his own players in to develop a system then judge him. The other names like Robins and Martin would be a backwards step, they are just lesser versions of Farke and we now know as a cast iron fact that possession football does not work for us in the PL with our budget so what would be the point? 

Webber I'd like to see given a chance to sign some players for a different manager. To be a Farke player you had to be a quiet, nice lad who can pass and move but not a lot else, hopefully for Smith he'll sign a few more stronger characters who like a battle and have more pace and physicality. If he messes up this summer however though then I'd want him gone, no idea who would replace him though, Adams' record when signing players as our manager was very mixed. 

Barry Bannon, experienced, good passer, can take a decent free kick, won't cost the earth. Driving force for Wednesday this season. You buy the players to suit the league you're going to play in, not the season after.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, daisy said:

Barry Bannon, experienced, good passer, can take a decent free kick, won't cost the earth. Driving force for Wednesday this season. You buy the players to suit the league you're going to play in, not the season after.

Twine at Franchise has been twice the player Bannan has and is a good 10 years younger.  Come on, you are a Blades fan really aren't you? 🙂 

On 08/05/2022 at 19:22, keelansgrandad said:

I don't think Cooper would leave Forest to come here, even if they don't go up. But you're right, he would be a wonderful choice. 

Probably doesn't matter because I really can't see the club ditching Smith. 

On 08/05/2022 at 20:37, Bert said:

Would love to see Chris Hughton as DoF

DoF = Director of Five (five at the back/five in midfield)?

Apples

42 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Twine at Franchise has been twice the player Bannan has and is a good 10 years younger.  Come on, you are a Blades fan really aren't you? 🙂 

I'm being realistic,  Twine would cost too much for us!!