Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

Official attendance today ?

What was the official attendance today ? I can’t find it anywhere, given that there were thousands of empty seats

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Non attending seats still count as attendance. 

I always thought they did? So what was todays ?

Would say around 24500 at start

5500 at 90 minutes 

• Haha 1

Definitely loads of empty seats near me. I have a strict no leaving until the final whistle rule but after 44 years of being a season ticket holder I left on 85 minutes. 

We need a reset of some kind. Farkeball thrown out with the bath water and nothing left but emptiness. 

Today’s attendance should actually be called the pretendance.

It’s the figure (and all clubs do it) reported for fans who’d actually purchased a ticket for the game, irrespective of whether they actually go to the game, or not.

Probably much more meaningful in the past when season tickets weren't such a feature or when perhaps they did count the number of times the turnstiles clicked.

It is what it is: the club can’t resell tickets once sold (unless returned) so that figure has to be the official attendance.  To an extent it makes little difference if people are there or not: Stuart Lee once did a bit on it - said he was more than happy if no one showed as he still had the ££ and didn’t have to do the show!

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is what it is: the club can’t resell tickets once sold (unless returned) so that figure has to be the official attendance.  To an extent it makes little difference if people are there or not: Stuart Lee once did a bit on it - said he was more than happy if no one showed as he still had the ££ and didn’t have to do the show!

Indeed so it was much better when spectators could just turn up and pay on the day. Contract culture promotes laziness and lack of commitment.

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Indeed so it was much better when spectators could just turn up and pay on the day. Contract culture promotes laziness and lack of commitment.

Indeed it does. Supply and demand.

The size of our ground means season tickets will probably always sell out in the champs or PL now and that leaves a scramble for the remaining few. Add a few more thousand seats in and I suspect the attendance would drop like a stone considering our utter pathetic performances this season. 

Football supporters attending premiership games should now be paid to attend. Global capitalism has made fans extras in an expensive drama. All workers should be paid a fair rate. Fans are needed, so have the power of Labour. 

Is it that difficult to count the number of turnstile clicks as the official attendance? Even the media gantry above the Jarrold was half empty. I would guess 24,000 in the ground including 3,000 Hammers. We don't need a bigger ground, just better players and manager.

Stayed till the end and had a chat with friends in the car park for 5-10 mins.

There was hardly any additional football traffic when we left, If you came into the city I don't think you'd know a prem league game had finished 15 minutes before.

In fact, was eating KFC overlooking the sea before Canary Call had finished!  Unheard of 🙂

Edited by Google Bot