Sign in to follow this  
fredherring

Sorenson

So he's not the new messiah after all then pinkun posters? 

Shocker. 

He's a championship squad player. 

But it does highlight why we have failed. 

We didn't invest in our midfield. 

It doesn't protect the defence, link up play, or provide goals and threat. 

We needed to fill gaps and upgrade, but did neither. 

Oh and sold buendia. Buts that's a different matter. 

Not one single midfielder on our books is good enough to start the championship next season. 

So we need three new midfielders just to even fill the hole. 

Ridiculous situation, that's not Dean smiths fault. 

Webber out.

I think he did ok considering he had the Krankie ‘playing’ beside him. 

Gave away a penalty......didn't screen the defence......got dragged away from his man/space covering Gilmore......think he made one or two tackles rather than the 30 or so he should have made. Apart from that he was brilliant. If Sorensen's the answer I'd hate to think what the question is.

I thought he did OK in a game we never ever got to grips with. Kante only averages about 3 tackles p.g. and he's the best in the business, Lungi had 5 today. He also topped total passes, one more than Gilmour, who managed zero tackles.

Water gun in a firefight unfortunately.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I thought he did OK in a game we never ever got to grips with. Kante only averages about 3 tackles p.g. and he's the best in the business, Lungi had 5 today. He also topped total passes, one more than Gilmour, who managed zero tackles.

Water gun in a firefight unfortunately.

Kante does'nt need to tackle more than that as his reading of the game means he's 2 yards quicker in thought and actions.

• Like 1

I was at the game and watched him quite closely. I would say he was our best player today, hardly put a pass wrong and was calm under pressure. Very, very unlucky with the penalty

At half time I posed the question to a few friends also at the game and they all felt he was our top performer. I accept the standard was not set too high. Rupp looked good when he came on as well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I was at the game and watched him quite closely. I would say he was our best player today, hardly put a pass wrong and was calm under pressure. Very, very unlucky with the penalty

At half time I posed the question to a few friends also at the game and they all felt he was our top performer. I accept the standard was not set too high. Rupp looked good when he came on as well

If I was to write an example of confirmation bias, this would be a pefect example to give.

4 minutes ago, Jimthechip said:

If I was to write an example of confirmation bias, this would be a pefect example to give.

Why thank you very much for comments and approval. May I humbly point out you had a spelling mistake in your sentence?😉  

Lightweight, anonymous. Not sure he put in a tackle. Then gave away a pen

McLean isn't Prem quality but our midfield is drastically lacking in physicality and workrate (yes  even more so) without him in the team 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Lightweight, anonymous. Not sure he put in a tackle. Then gave away a pen

McLean isn't Prem quality but our midfield is drastically lacking in physicality and workrate (yes  even more so) without him in the team 

Thats the catch 22 situation we've had in midfield this season!

I'll agree with his many detractors that McCleans not Premier standard (like the squad as a whole! obviously) but the reason hes been a regular is cause he offers physicality, mobility and an aerial presense that no other midfielder can! - Indeed if every TV Chelsea fans favourite Gilmour had those qualities he might be useful!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Why thank you very much for comments and approval. May I humbly point out you had a spelling mistake in your sentence?😉  

Problem of trying to type on my phone with fat fingers. 😐

50 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Also an incorrect use of tense. If means that the conditional tense should have been used - if I were...

Why the need to criticise him?

I’m not surprised if he had a bad game considering he has barely played since he got injured against Watford. Hardly fair to judge him on that. 

And generally he only plays when carelessly thrown into the deep end with zero preparation (again like today) - yet he’s more often than not performed very well under the circumstances. Whether thats being chucked in a completely new position away at Brentford when Quintilla (?) is injured on the day of the match, or filling in at centre back at home to Man United.

The only time he’s featured this season have been as a result of 2/3 or more central midfield injuries and plenty of times he’s played he’s made at least as strong if not a stronger case for why he should be in the team. Maybe if he were actually given a chance to build some rhythm / momentum his levels would improve? 

But he’s never been given that reward of a genuine starting place in the team, or any kind of run of games. And at the same time we are allowing Chelsea to use us as their guinea pig for Gilmour’s sh1te ar5e performances, which might one day help to further his career / increase his value at another team but certainly means **** all to us this season. 

And if the persistent use of BG wasn’t bad enough, why the **** would you not play Sorensen after your other loanee CM (who also hasn’t played well since august) comes out and publicly says he has no interest in staying after this season. 

Its pretty neglectful that’s he hasn’t been given more of a chance this season, particularly in the face of what has been the most uncompetitive, passionless, talentless array of midfielders (relative to the league they are in) I have ever witnessed for NCFC. You could forgive it if these first team players were firing, but we couldn’t been further from that. You’d think Smith would’ve maybe tried something different rather than throwing the same dried out ****e at a wall again and again and wondering why it doesn’t stick (in the CM areas).

Sick of the sight of some of these players now to be honest…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, East Rider said:

Not sure I'd agree with this at all, beyond being unlucky for the penalty. Thought he was a bit naive in some of his movement and pressing which gave West Ham too much space. 

Still he was better imo than Gilmour and PLM who were both entirely absent. 

The thing that struck me was the inconsistency of Sorensen, Gilmour, PLM, Dowell. All showed some good stuff but just as often misplaced passes or fannied around and got pushed off the ball by a stronger player. Yes, Sorensen too. Playing as they are now, none look like championship winning players. To me, Rupp looked best of the midfield on yesterday's showing. 

Thought he looked very comfortable on the ball, moved it quickly and accurately 

Interesting how people see what they want to see. Sorensen had a lower pass % than Gilmour, despite Gilmour trying more forward passes. 

And I don't rate Gilmour.

15 hours ago, fredherring said:

So he's not the new messiah after all then pinkun posters? 

Shocker. 

He's a championship squad player. 

But it does highlight why we have failed. 

We didn't invest in our midfield. 

It doesn't protect the defence, link up play, or provide goals and threat. 

We needed to fill gaps and upgrade, but did neither. 

Oh and sold buendia. Buts that's a different matter. 

Not one single midfielder on our books is good enough to start the championship next season. 

So we need three new midfielders just to even fill the hole. 

Ridiculous situation, that's not Dean smiths fault. 

Webber out.

Personally I didnt see the game. But he has come in out of the blue, so I'd be surprised more so if he played a blinder. Accountability needs to happen this season before a refresh of the complete squad can happen.

• Like 1

Sorenson wasn't the worst and certainly not the best.....Pukster and big Grant earned their salary....The rest of the squad were 'meh' bar the intro and short performance of young Springett which was definitely encouraging.....

• Like 1

Needs a run in the team next season to develop into that role and hopefully make it his own. 

I wouldn't read too much into youngsters coming in and making an impression amonst this sh*tshow. Their enthusiasm and any sort of positivity in their play generally marks them out when viewed alongside the rest of our team at present. See also Rowe. They may end up being good enough but I think both are some way from starting at first team level. 

• Like 1