Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Time to make a point not to go to the last home game

2 hours ago, For the future said:

This is the only way the club wake up as to the bad treatment to the fans as this attitude from the our club is bad.

As a Norfolk bor through and through there is no way that I am going to pay for my seat and not get full use out of it (I am a ST holder), and I doubt the club will give me a refund..........

Just now, Making Plans said:

As long as 25,000 keep turning up regardless, nothing will change.

Fans fault. Or the fans who go. It may help when we get some new blood in the stands next season. Then we'll know.

40 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

EDP reported that there was 200 there. 

Possibly, but not in the protest! There was a whole lot of fans, many from West ham waiting for the players to come out and a load of spectators like me waiting to see what would happen + Police and stewards. I'd say there was about 50 protesters.

A bit of a damp squib really. 

756177475_Protest1.thumb.jpg.11312d974bbcf064a846b5a37537cb97.jpg

Edited by Badger

200 seemed about right which at 0.5% of the attending crowd implies we have a capacity crowd of 40,000 today.  Perhaps we dont need the new ground at the UEA 🤣 Would be interested to know what % that 200 would be of the fans that were still in the ground at 80 mins though, I got to the ground for the protest at about that time and I thought the game was already over by the amount of people outside the ground and making their way towards Bracondale.  

On top of the 200, the number of people joining in on the way out of the ground but didnt stay would have vastly inflated that 200.  Unfortunately, the general mood around the place seemed to be apathy.  Which in itself is a sad indictment of where we are as a club. 

Those still bizzarely clinging to the notion that Delia is our saviour and not to be questioned are thankfully fewer than they used to be.  Even Nutty's posts that seemed to be banal but had an undertone of disdain for anything anti-Delia are just banal now.  Hoggy is still admirably clinging to the sinking ship, trying his hardest to discredit those that do shout out.  As difficult a position that is to defend at the moment, my suspicion is that he's actually an Ipswich fan and he goes back to Ipswich message boards talking about Agent Delia.  Honestly, witht he general mood around the message board and elsewhere, I thought there'd be more protesting.  Perhaps the vast number that left early didnt want to hang around or its just apathy which will eventually bear out with season tickets not getting renewed.  Either way, all is not good and root and branch change is needed.  I suspect that won't happen until a prolonged stay in the Championship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Badger said:

Possibly, but not in the protest! There was a whole lot of fans, many from West ham waiting for the players to come out and a load of spectators like me waiting to see what would happen + Police and stewards. I'd say there was about 50 protesters.

A bit of a damp squib really. 

756177475_Protest1.thumb.jpg.11312d974bbcf064a846b5a37537cb97.jpg

I think the general apathy is the overall feeling.. a dreadful season and a realisation that this is the best we can be with our model and current owners. 

The issue with Delia and Winnie, regardless of what side of the fence you sit on is at 80 years of age they're just too damn bloody old to be in charge of a top 26 (their words) professional football club. 

So they don't want to sell, ok that's their choice, wrong choice to not actively seek new owners imo, but still their decision to make.

They as we know plan on gifting their shares to young Neppers, well in that case don't wait until you're dead, get on with it now, if they've such confidence in the lad then do it now and see what he's all about, or are they genuinely scared he'll stuff things right up and don't want to be around to take the flack? 

It’s inevitable that Neppers will end up selling indiscriminately to the first tosspot who comes along and offers anything. He’ll face so much stick and not have any of his own money to put in, or any desire to do anything about it. It’s a complete poisoned chalice of an inheritance, That’s why I can’t understand why D&M haven’t actively looked for a decent buyer while we’ve been a reasonably attractive proposition.

Interesting to see so much ageism amongst a minority. Nevertheless I do respect very left wing thinking, those against nepotism, of course they have never received and will never leave anything to any members of their family ever. 

5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But plenty showed up to the one after the game didn’t they? 

Hopefully the board will take note for once

Really.

I saw it. Basically a few kids with a sheet. Plenty did not show up.

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

As long as 25,000 keep turning up regardless, nothing will change.

Well, I have done my bit. I haven't attended a single home game this season.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BarclayWazza said:

200 seemed about right which at 0.5% of the attending crowd implies we have a capacity crowd of 40,000 today.  Perhaps we dont need the new ground at the UEA 🤣 Would be interested to know what % that 200 would be of the fans that were still in the ground at 80 mins though, I got to the ground for the protest at about that time and I thought the game was already over by the amount of people outside the ground and making their way towards Bracondale.  

On top of the 200, the number of people joining in on the way out of the ground but didnt stay would have vastly inflated that 200.  Unfortunately, the general mood around the place seemed to be apathy.  Which in itself is a sad indictment of where we are as a club. 

Those still bizzarely clinging to the notion that Delia is our saviour and not to be questioned are thankfully fewer than they used to be.  Even Nutty's posts that seemed to be banal but had an undertone of disdain for anything anti-Delia are just banal now.  Hoggy is still admirably clinging to the sinking ship, trying his hardest to discredit those that do shout out.  As difficult a position that is to defend at the moment, my suspicion is that he's actually an Ipswich fan and he goes back to Ipswich message boards talking about Agent Delia.  Honestly, witht he general mood around the message board and elsewhere, I thought there'd be more protesting.  Perhaps the vast number that left early didnt want to hang around or its just apathy which will eventually bear out with season tickets not getting renewed.  Either way, all is not good and root and branch change is needed.  I suspect that won't happen until a prolonged stay in the Championship.

Presumably you're only pretending to be stupid, but I've not defended anything today, just pointed out a protest was organised pre match and no one turned up including the organisers,  and post match the pictures and witness accounts suggest about 50 actual protestors with some casual observers, West ham fans and others trying to get home thrown into the mix too.

Considering we had just lost 4-0 and they had a whole week of organising and drumming up interest,  it suggests the overwhelming majority of the fanbase aren't interested in actively outing our owners.

I'm sure if a viable alternative made themselves known that might change, but thats never happened to date.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Considering we had just lost 4-0 and they had a whole week of organising and drumming up interest,  it suggests the overwhelming majority of the fanbase aren't interested in actively outing our owners.

I think that's where you could've finished your sentence...

• Haha 1

It will be our last chance to see the team before it is put up for sale as a job lot in a "bargain bin" in  Poundland. buy any one get one free 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Happy clappers will show their discontent by giving the players just one clap of the hands and some stern looks, that should show the board how angry they feel.

8 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Happy clappers will show their discontent by giving the players just one clap of the hands and some stern looks, that should show the board how angry they feel.

Im hoping to tut loudly. 

• Haha 1

After the Brentford game which I left with 20 minutes to go I was done with this season, if the players don't care enough to run and scrap and fight then why should I bother? It's not a protest against the regime or management for me not going again this year, it's because the players mentality is so poor, feeling sorry for yourself and hiding shows a losers mentality, they don't deserve the support. Pukki still runs, Hanley still sticks his body on the line but the rest have given up so I have as well. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann