Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Time to make a point not to go to the last home game

Just now, nutty nigel said:

They were by the stand.

TV Crew in front of them?! 

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He actually said 50-100 people but then rob and Chris on Facebook live later said 200-300 so there is no accurate number, however good on those who where there, had I been able to attend as normal I'd have been there with them. Enough is enough.  

There is absolutely no way that there was 200 people!

Nearly half the crowd disappeared when a steward came out to tell the autograph Hunters that the players were coming out of a different entrance.

TIL will be on later to tell us there was about 5000 though😉

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If those who normally go protest by not going will those who never go protest by going?

Expensive day out from 🇧🇷  Nutty. Anyway did you have a good day out with the family. Forget the final result . 

Horace.

I’ve been saying it all along

lets just all go to the pub when the games on

sends A message. City covered in yellow and green and an empty ground

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve been saying it all along

lets just all go to the pub when the games on

sends A message. City covered in yellow and green and an empty ground

Unfortunately it won't happen.

The clappers have been gazing into Mrs Smith's eyes for too long and will happily to and support her ambitions of top26 and cheer as we get out of this nasty league yet again. 

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He actually said 50-100 people but then rob and Chris on Facebook live later said 200-300 so there is no accurate number, however good on those who where there, had I been able to attend as normal I'd have been there with them. Enough is enough.  

Surely people with a vested interest wouldn’t inflate the figures, would they?  But even taking 200-300, that is hardly anything to write home about, out of 25-26k who were there today.  

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

About 50. Honestly, there were more people in the club shop 🤭

The resentment and frustration towards our dear leaders is growing Badger. Try a poll on here, you might be surprised. 

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

Nearly half the crowd disappeared when a steward came out to tell the autograph Hunters that the players were coming out of a different entrance.

Quite. Not one single person turned up prematch,  that includes the organisers themselves. 

Admittedly I left slightly early but there were only 4 or 5 people hanging about who had any real interest in 'protesting.

From what everyone else has said, there were about 50 actual people intentionally there, the rest were trying to get through to go home.

As I said, less than 0.5% of the attending fanbase.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

The resentment and frustration towards our dear leaders is growing Badger. Try a poll on here, you might be surprised. 

Not enough for them to show up to a planned protest,  the organisers themselves included.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Unfortunately it won't happen.

The clappers have been gazing into Mrs Smith's eyes for too long and will happily to and support her ambitions of top26 and cheer as we get out of this nasty league yet again. 

I take it that you joined in with the protest today ?

Just now, Mengo said:

Expensive day out from 🇧🇷  Nutty. Anyway did you have a good day out with the family. Forget the final result . 

Horace.

Thanks Horace

You wouldn't say a good day but I'd still rather be there than not so we find a way to make the best of it.

It's tough though. Two years ago it didn't seem real. This time the reality of it hurts. But I'll be back for Spurs and back again for my Heinz Varieties 57th season in August 💛💚🙃

Didn't hang around outside this week but Tilly was still there when I left. You could enjoy cross examining him. He may even have taken notes in his pocket book🙃

Just now, hogesar said:

Not enough for them to show up to a planned protest,  the organisers themselves included.

It’s growing Hoggy, maybe more will join in after the Tottenham match. I’ll see and hear for myself on Wednesday how folk are feeling. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Of course there is. It has been a disastrous season  - everybody is frustrated. Hardly surprising of the owners cop some flack.

Pozzo isn't flavour of the month on Watford either.

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I take it that you joined in with the protest today ?

Had I been able to attend as normal then yes I would...

As it happens I've been unable to attend with my season ticket which I've had since 98 (at 5yo) (my uncle has been using it in my place if you must know).... because I've been dealing with Cancer treatment since last September and recently surgery to remove what's left 👍

• Like 1

Wouldn't getting the match delayed send a louder message than people not turning up? Especially if spurs are still in contention for champions league place as it will gain national coverage. Even more so if our game finishes late and creates further implications. It'd only need to be something simple like the beach ball protest Charlton did a few years ago. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I dont think they announced it in stadium. Far more empty seats around me in lower barclay than usual though...

They seem to have ‘forgotten’ to announce if for several of the last games. I think it must have been around the 25k mark - there were considerable gaps in all of the stands. 

Surely the board will have noticed that by about 70 minutes the ground was half empty and the home section of the South stand was only about a third full 

By my estimate at kick off only about 21 or 22000 were present

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

As it happens I've been unable to attend with my season ticket which I've had since 98 (at 5yo) (my uncle has been using it in my place if you must know).... because I've been dealing with Cancer treatment since last September and recently surgery to remove what's left 👍

Somethings are more important than football - Godly. I wish you well and a speedy recovery

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, astro said:

They seem to have ‘forgotten’ to announce if for several of the last games. I think it must have been around the 25k mark - there were considerable gaps in all of the stands. 

1 minute ago, detroit94 said:

Surely the board will have noticed that by about 70 minutes the ground was half empty and the home section of the South stand was only about a third full 

Dont forget non attending seats count as attendance. 

Edited by Greavsy

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'm very sorry to hear that at. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

This is the problem: what actually is it people want - just a ‘blind’ change for the sake of it, however it may turn out?  What would a poll actually ask?  

As Badger says, it’s been a disastrous season and everyone is frustrated.  But no one can guarantee that we’d be in the PL or any more successful with different owners. And it is not just about getting rid, who replaces them? 

Re the attendance, it will be close to sold out - it’s a fact that it is tickets sold that count. If you don’t turn up it’s largely irrelevant if you have a ticket as you should be counted as there, they can’t just sell a seat that’s sold. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is the problem: what actually is it people want - just a ‘blind’ change for the sake of it, however it may turn out?  What would a poll actually ask?  

As Badger says, it’s been a disastrous season and everyone is frustrated.  But no one can guarantee that we’d be in the PL or any more successful with different owners. And it is not just about getting rid, who replaces them? 

Re the attendance, it will be close to sold out - it’s a fact that it is tickets sold that count. If you don’t turn up you should be counted as there, as they can’t just sell a seat that’s sold.

A statement in itself too, people have paid for those tickets and don’t bother attending. Of course health issues account for a small number but many can’t take any more of this no show season. 

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Thanks Horace

You wouldn't say a good day but I'd still rather be there than not so we find a way to make the best of it.

It's tough though. Two years ago it didn't seem real. This time the reality of it hurts. But I'll be back for Spurs and back again for my Heinz Varieties 57th season in August 💛💚🙃

Didn't hang around outside this week but Tilly was still there when I left. You could enjoy cross examining him. He may even have taken notes in his pocket book🙃

Never give up Nutty. An example of an original true football supporter. I would say you have put it into context though. Last time it didn't seem real, but this time the reality does hurt 💔

We go again .

Desculpe 😔

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Strangely expectations drop if the change happens. Right now top 26 isn't good enough. If the change happened the expectations would soon drop if we didn't bounce straight back.

When Chase went the expectations didn't include PL anymore, they soon became getting to 50 points to stay in the champs. And when we finally finished in the top six we became Delia's Barmy Army even though we finally lost in Cardiff.

But we made it under Worthy so expectations were raised again. Worthy out happened and suddenly expectations dropped back to those 50 points to stay in the champs. We didn't even manage that.

We bounced back again with the same owners and expectations rose again. Now Top 26 isn't good enough and the only way it will be is if we get the change that enables expectations to drop again.

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Quite. Not one single person turned up prematch,  that includes the organisers themselves. 

Admittedly I left slightly early but there were only 4 or 5 people hanging about who had any real interest in 'protesting.

From what everyone else has said, there were about 50 actual people intentionally there, the rest were trying to get through to go home.

As I said, less than 0.5% of the attending fanbase.

Well I went along to have a look and bumped into Tilly and we had a chat about all things Yellow and the sad state of the club. A lot more than '50' from what I saw and I would be very surprised if a much larger number didn't assemble after the final game.  

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Lots of empty seats in The Library.

But then the average age is pretty high there.

Could have just been a busy weekend for the grim reaper.

Well the so called fans of the Snake Pit certainly made a point about half a dozen left at the end of the game

Edited by daly

47 minutes ago, detroit94 said:

I couldn't make it today, but the TV certainly picked up on the empty stands, Efan Ekoku commented on it too. I suspect the board are quite happy that it wasn't on UK TV 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

EDP reported that there was 200 there. 

Perhaps we should all go, and when Spuds bang in their fifth goal just before half time, we should all turn our backs to the pitch, and tut very loudly