Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

It's embarrassing. But does anyone care?

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

It’s a £300m side vs a £50m side… what are Norwich supposed to do without external backing exactly?

They could try and defend, looks like Smith couldn’t organise a **** up in a brewery

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

They could try and defend, looks like Smith couldn’t organise a **** up in a brewery

Yes, I remember when Dean Smith arrived and some of us were sceptical, his supporters used to argue that at least he'd sort out our defence.

Exhibit A for the prosecution - the last few games.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, city4eva said:

With Grant Hanley and Brandon Williams as the best defenders he can call upon and no defensive mid at all?

51 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well that brings back the argument of playing for your wages. Yes, they should bother.

Why? They get the wages anyway and Norwich are relegated whatever happens. Even if they put the effort in, they are far worse players than West Ham. The fans and the club staff have all given up anyway so what’s the point in exerting yourself?

Genuinely, what is there to motivate these guys any more?

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Why? They get the wages anyway and Norwich are relegated whatever happens. Even if they put the effort in, they are far worse players than West Ham. The fans and the club staff have all given up anyway so what’s the point in exerting yourself?

Genuinely, what is there to motivate these guys any more?

The glory of 19th place!

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Sorry but have to disagree there.. they have beaten some top class opposition in Europe. 

Yeah, but it's a cup run. Just because it's in Europe doesn't change the nature of a smaller team beating bigger teams against the trend by playing well in a few high stakes games. It happens in the FA Cup every other year.

If they do it again then I'll happily put my hands up and say that I have underestimated then, but it's probably a flash in the pan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

It’s a £300m side vs a £50m side… what are Norwich supposed to do without external backing exactly?

That’s not even taking into account wages

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Yes, I remember when Dean Smith arrived and some of us were sceptical, his supporters used to argue that at least he'd sort out our defence.

Exhibit A for the prosecution - the last few games.

Confidence is shot. If the players he has are broken, he doesn’t stand a chance. The players have let him down IMO

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Confidence is shot. If the players he has are broken, he doesn’t stand a chance. The players have let him down IMO

Who’s fault is it if they’re shot of confidence? Smiths been here for six months, he’s trained them, he’s got a massive team to help him and yet he’s got less out of this team than Farke did with his full Premiership league side two years ago under lockdown! At least Farke got a few decent results against good sides, Leicester, Man C, Spurs to name three. I can’t buy into player letting him down, he’s paid a good wage to get the best out of this squad and has failed to. He’s as much to blame as the players and if he can’t get them playing it’s going to be a tough season coming up as most of these ****e players will be here next year by the sounds of Smith’s comments.

Had a birthday today and a choice :

1) Beat myself up with a 160-odd mile trip to Carrow Rd to watch that shower of s*it serenaded by East End knuckle-draggers all game long, or

2) A nice day in ' Sunny Hunny ' overlooking the sea eating delicious fish and chips after a nice bracing walk along the cliff.

I can tell you that Hunny was looking pretty good.....

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

33 minutes ago, Indy said:

Who’s fault is it if they’re shot of confidence? Smiths been here for six months, he’s trained them, he’s got a massive team to help him and yet he’s got less out of this team than Farke did with his full Premiership league side two years ago under lockdown! At least Farke got a few decent results against good sides, Leicester, Man C, Spurs to name three. I can’t buy into player letting him down, he’s paid a good wage to get the best out of this squad and has failed to. He’s as much to blame as the players and if he can’t get them playing it’s going to be a tough season coming up as most of these ****e players will be here next year by the sounds of Smith’s comments.

He inherited the lack of confidence. 
Your cherry picking of Farke’s results is interesting. He won 6 games ever in the premiership.

Until he has had a preseason and transfer window or two you can’t judge his impact fully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

Until he has had a preseason and transfer window or two you can’t judge his impact fully.

But we don't have a manager any more. Dean Smith is head coach. Webber brings in the players and the head coach has to work with what he's given.

Ok, a pre-season of coaching the players will help him make his mark. But Webber will select the players he has to work with.

5 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Fantastic achievement aside, a cup competition where you mostly play vs farmers in the early rounds and then get to go back to dicking on amateurs on a weekend is different from facing billionaire dream teams every other week. It’s easier to raise your game for a couple of 1 off ties vs good sides in the later rounds. Celtic, Fulham and Boro have also gone far in that competition recently.

Rangers in their current form would be easily relegated from the prem.

What a cabbage and ignorant view of Rangers achievement. If this was Norwich we’d be still creaming our Y-Fronts for three decades or more. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

But we don't have a manager any more. Dean Smith is head coach. Webber brings in the players and the head coach has to work with what he's given.

Ok, a pre-season of coaching the players will help him make his mark. But Webber will select the players he has to work with.

No there is a transfer committee which Smith will be part of. The reason Webber had such a hands on role this time was because our recruitment head was on gardening leave all window until he left.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What a cabbage and ignorant view of Rangers achievement. If this was Norwich we’d be still creaming our Y-Fronts for three decades or more. 

We probably would be, still think Rangers with their current squad would easily get relegated from the prem. makes their achievement all the better. That’s what the initial arguement was. Their £12m put together squad isn’t good enough to survive a 38 game prem season.

My further point was that it probably helped their Europa cup cause the fact that most of their weekend games were vs the likes of Hamilton and Falkirk. Easier to rest legs for them than say West Ham

6 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Could you really be arsed if you were them though? Especially Gilmour and Williams who’ll be off back home in a fortnight anyway. I’d imagine some of them have lost all confidence in their ability as a professional player. Placheta for example looks like he wouldn’t even get in my old school team based on what I’ve seen this season from him. Btec Yanic Wildschut.

The worst of it all for me is that 3 man midfield. Whatever combo is chosen is absolutely miles off what is required to compete at prem level.

Completely agree , placheta has to be binned off😗

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Had a birthday today and a choice :

1) Beat myself up with a 160-odd mile trip to Carrow Rd to watch that shower of s*it serenaded by East End knuckle-draggers all game long, or

2) A nice day in ' Sunny Hunny ' overlooking the sea eating delicious fish and chips after a nice bracing walk along the cliff.

I can tell you that Hunny was looking pretty good.....

Is that really how low we've sunk , when sunny hunny is the preferred option, my god , 😢

Did anyone observe a single Norwich player who looked as if he was playing for his position, his career or his personal pride? This kind of characterless display can only originate from lack of  leadership at the Club. What was Webber thinking when he employed Dean Smith ? I wouldn’t follow him to the corner shop! No ideas, no motivation, no character. How can a Club with such a good vibe at the end of last season in twelve months be turned into such a disaster?  Stuart Webber may have been instrumental in achieving two promotions from the Championship, but in one year he has demolished the Club as a supportable entity. Who in their right minds will pay their hard earned to be insulted by the dross on display this season? 

• Like 1

I had been watching and supporting NCFC for 63+ years as a season ticket holder, and following Covid, the last debacle in the EPL, and promotion, and the owners self supporting mandate which was only ever going to end in tears as it clearly has,, I gave up my season ticket, as I quite simply refuse to put more money into a lame duck which the owners mandate now quite clearly shows has happened! Do I care about NCFC. They will always be a big part of me and my life, but as a club they are just miles behind everyone!

3 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

Did anyone observe a single Norwich player who looked as if he was playing for his position, his career or his personal pride? This kind of characterless display can only originate from lack of  leadership at the Club. What was Webber thinking when he employed Dean Smith ? I wouldn’t follow him to the corner shop! No ideas, no motivation, no character. How can a Club with such a good vibe at the end of last season in twelve months be turned into such a disaster?  Stuart Webber may have been instrumental in achieving two promotions from the Championship, but in one year he has demolished the Club as a supportable entity. Who in their right minds will pay their hard earned to be insulted by the dross on display this season? 

Must admit I'm no fan of Smith and honestly don't think he is the right man for the club - certainly not at this time when we are in crisis and need some bold and brave management.

However, it's interesting how he is loved at Villa and perhaps more importantly there is a whole host of players who speak very highly of him. I expect, however, this is mainly due to him being a decent chap... but we don't need a decent chap we need someone to revitalise the squad.

18 hours ago, Tommo said:

With Springett and then Placheta coming on, it really doesn’t look good for Tzolis being here beyond this season

I think Placheta is the worst player i've ever seen play for us, and thats saying something. He is absolutely, utterly appalling and I never want to see him play for us again. 

16 hours ago, beanbag said:

I doubt anyone will see Delia, she only is seen when they are winning. If they were up at the top of the Premiership this year you could not keep her out of the media, plastered all over the front page of the EDP and several inside pages too and doing an interview on Look East, waving her yellow and green scarf.

I saw her Thursday tea time getting off the train at Stowmarket at 17.25, some guy picked her up in a red car!  She was wearing a very sow face 😑 lol