Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

It's embarrassing. But does anyone care?

Look, look West Ham are a good side. Top 6 team, very good international players etc etc. Yet at the same time they have not won in 5 matches straight and have just come a few days ago from getting beaten black and blue by a team 13th in the Budnsliga and half their team are clearly walking injured and tired yet they come to Carrow Road, pass it around, have a laugh and just tap it into the net a few times and now they arent even botherring celebrating when they score as to them this is all clearly just a training match to get them ready for next season and are  prrobably rubbing their hands together at half time thinking about how many more they are going to get to score with such ease in the second half.

And it's awful to watch, it's  embarrassing.There is nothing to this club right now. No passion, no identity no decent passing or shooting.. Just nothing at all. It's like watching a pre season friendly of some pub side playing against Liverpool or something. Not a single one of our players seems to care either, just heads down saying nothing not talking to each other just no doubt thinking about what team they are soon to be sold to.

Embarrassing. But the question is- Does anyone at the club care? I'm still waiitng for a 'club statment' of some kind. Come on Delia, come on Webber. Just say something, anything. Le'ts be aving you and all that. Stop being cowards and come out and say something.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Look, look West Ham are a good side. Top 6 team, very good international players etc etc. Yet at the same time they have not won in 5 matches straight and have just come a few days ago from getting beaten black and blue by a team 13th in the Budnsliga and half their team are clearly walking injured and tired yet they come to Carrow Road, pass it around, have a laugh and just tap it into the net a few times and now they arent even botherring celebrating when they score as to them this is all clearly just a training match to get them ready for next season and are  prrobably rubbing their hands together at half time thinking about how many more they are going to get to score with such ease in the second half.

And it's awful to watch, it's  embarrassing.There is nothing to this club right now. No passion, no identity no decent passing or shooting.. Just nothing at all. It's like watching a pre season friendly of some pub side playing against Liverpool or something. Not a single one of our players seems to care either, just heads down saying nothing not talking to each other just no doubt thinking about what team they are soon to be sold to.

Embarrassing. But the question is- Does anyone at the club care? I'm still waiitng for a 'club statment' of some kind. Come on Delia, come on Webber. Just say something, anything. Le'ts be aving you and all that. Stop being cowards and come out and say something.

She only wants to talk when the goings good. Have you bought a copy of Delia’s book? It will cheer you up no end. 

Listen to the crowd, look at some of the posts on here, no people don't care, it's why we're seen as a wet, passion less club by others 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I didn't care enough to stay for the second half. 94 I got my season ticket and until this season I've only left early a handful of times and when I've had to get somewhere. This season has broken me tho. I think I've finally had enough. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I didn't care enough to stay for the second half. 94 I got my season ticket and until this season I've only left early a handful of times and when I've had to get somewhere. This season has broken me tho. I think I've finally had enough. 

Yep its been the worst experience ... can not wait for it to end!

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Yep its been the worst experience ... can not wait for it to end!

Most fed up and least bothered I've been at a game since that Charlton cup game which turned out to be roeders last!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

It’s a £300m side vs a £50m side… what are Norwich supposed to do without external backing exactly?

At least try and look organised! Smith is an absolute joke of a manager, he’s really turned a poor side into a very poor side, Webber doesn’t give a hoot and our owners are happy enough!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

At least try and look organised! Smith is an absolute joke of a manager, he’s really turned a poor side into a very poor side, Webber doesn’t give a hoot and our owners are happy enough!

Really makes you wonder what the h3ll is going on.

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nobody gives a hoot, that’s the crux of it. This club aren’t cut out for the top level and accept it.

Smith is here for a cushty job, probably get top half next season and keep his job on the proviso of “consolidating”. Before the club fade away to championship mediocrity.

Its all pretty pointless investing any emotion into supporting the club really.

• Like 2

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

Nobody gives a hoot, that’s the crux of it. This club aren’t cut out for the top level and accept it.

Smith is here for a cushty job, probably get top half next season and keep his job on the proviso of “consolidating”. Before the club fade away to championship mediocrity.

Its all pretty pointless investing any emotion into supporting the club really.

Sad that we’ve started to feel this way, maybe it really is time for a change at the top!

With Springett and then Placheta coming on, it really doesn’t look good for Tzolis being here beyond this season

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

It’s a £300m side vs a £50m side… what are Norwich supposed to do without external backing exactly?

Rangers side, in a European final cost £12m. A better DoF and an owner with higher ambitions than top 26 would help.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Well that's the problem. It's football generally which is rubbish.  Money has created such an uneven playing field. Thru out the pyramid. So many teams either don't compete or load on the debt for a shot at promotion.  Rotherham for example are just like us a league down. A bit too good for league one but not good good enough to compete in the championship. Other teams probably hate us in the championship as we're basically bullies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Rangers side, in a European final cost £12m. A better DoF and an owner with higher ambitions than top 26 would help.

Fantastic achievement aside, a cup competition where you mostly play vs farmers in the early rounds and then get to go back to dicking on amateurs on a weekend is different from facing billionaire dream teams every other week. It’s easier to raise your game for a couple of 1 off ties vs good sides in the later rounds. Celtic, Fulham and Boro have also gone far in that competition recently.

Rangers in their current form would be easily relegated from the prem.

Edited by Tetteys Jig

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sad that we’ve started to feel this way, maybe it really is time for a change at the top!

It was time about 10 years ago if we ever hope to smash through the glass ceiling of the premiership relegation zone

• Like 1

First time I’ve ever lost interest, sad to say it but there it is. The fire will be back for next season….I hope!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Fantastic achievement aside, a cup competition where you mostly play vs farmers in the early rounds and then get to go back to dicking on amateurs on a weekend is different from facing billionaire dream teams every other week. It’s easier to raise your game for a couple of 1 off ties vs good sides in the later rounds. Celtic, Fulham and Boro have also gone far in that competition recently.

Rangers in their current form would be easily relegated from the prem.

Sorry but have to disagree there.. they have beaten some top class opposition in Europe. 

• Like 1

It’s just so inevitable…

I predicted we’d lose 3-1 and I thought that was being optimistic, sucks being right.

Sooner this seasons over the better but can’t say I’m looking forward to the summer rebuild other than a change is needed, just nothing indicates it will go well.

40 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Try at least and not sack a coach and bring in someone worse.

33 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Sorry but have to disagree there.. they have beaten some top class opposition in Europe. 

They’d still get relegated easily from the prem with that squad.

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

One thing is just play with a little passion would have helped 

18 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

One thing is just play with a little passion would have helped 

Could you really be arsed if you were them though? Especially Gilmour and Williams who’ll be off back home in a fortnight anyway. I’d imagine some of them have lost all confidence in their ability as a professional player. Placheta for example looks like he wouldn’t even get in my old school team based on what I’ve seen this season from him. Btec Yanic Wildschut.

The worst of it all for me is that 3 man midfield. Whatever combo is chosen is absolutely miles off what is required to compete at prem level.

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Could you really be arsed if you were them though? Especially Gilmour and Williams who’ll be off back home in a fortnight anyway. I’d imagine some of them have lost all confidence in their ability as a professional player. Placheta for example looks like he wouldn’t even get in my old school team based on what I’ve seen this season from him. Btec Yanic Wildschut.

The worst of it all for me is that 3 man midfield. Whatever combo is chosen is absolutely miles off what is required to compete at prem level.

Well that brings back the argument of playing for your wages. Yes, they should bother.

Delia's head is in the sand, Webber doesn't speak to plebs, Dean Smith comes out with banal platitudes and shows not a hint of overall vision or anything beyond the kind of mediocrity which would keep a team like Preston in the middle of the Championship (no offence, Preston - I could have chosen any number of average but decent Championship clubs).

I doubt anyone will see Delia, she only is seen when they are winning. If they were up at the top of the Premiership this year you could not keep her out of the media, plastered all over the front page of the EDP and several inside pages too and doing an interview on Look East, waving her yellow and green scarf.

• Like 1