Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

You know what? Fu£K Dean Smith…

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Rowe? Springett today? That’s 2 youngsters come through but don’t let the truth get in the way of your hatred for him 

Did you acquire any straws from that clutch?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Rowe? Springett today? That’s 2 youngsters come through but don’t let the truth get in the way of your hatred for him 

He's put them on the pitch, yes. But that's somewhat less than Farke did with several of our youngsters. He improved and developed them. No sign of any player improving under Smith (with the possible exception of Idah, but he didn't play enough games before his injury to make a confident decision on that).

I'm not a great Smith fan, but he walked into a dire situation, with a squad and invested players who clearly were nowhere near good enough. He was asked to keep us in this league, and then given ZERO pounds to help strengthen the squad in Jan, with Board showing little desire to try to stay in EPL

I really think squad needs a complete overhaul, and Smitb given at least the chance the build his team from top to bottom, and not told he's got a small budget so will have to work with the players he's got. These players are showing little desire. Go and get fresh blood and players who want to play for the manager

• Like 1

All I would say is with each performance like today, the pressure rises on getting off to a flyer next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And then when our team is sitll **** and loses every match we sack the next manager? And then sack the next next month? Don't turn us into Watfod, now jog off and regognise that it's not the manager but the players that need sacking

How many games have you been to at carrow rd? 

that was ****  no passion no effort **** defending can’t score 

yes the players need looking at but Smith isn’t the man for the job

• Like 2

Strikes me that Dean Smith likely took over with assurances from Delia and Co that he'd be safe if we got relegated. Let's be honest - what were his chances of keeping us up with the squad he inherited? Minimal. Does he deserve a transfer window to build his own squad? Just about I'd say. But as others have pointed out, he's not going to be able to completely overhaul the squad and bring in another 7/8/9 players. Is the nucleus of our squad good enough to bring us back up again, Dean Smith in charge or not? Have to say I'm on the fence.

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Exactly. Farke's Prem relegation was dreadful at times but his squad was assembled with pennies, you could see what we were trying to do and the players looked like they were putting a shift in and cared even during that 10 game behind closed doors sh!tfest.

Smith's team has been utterly abject.

• Thanks 1

Can I point out that our system means the players will never be the coaches choice or his "own squad". That's the point of the DOF system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, For the future said:

It’s not the manger just sell all these players and put in players who want to win matches and wear the Norwich City shirt with pride.

Excellent points. You should be Sporting Director.

Smith has done nothing to suggest he is not  utterly abject at every aspect of management. 

Tactics - directionless, no idea of what we're trying to achieve, stubborn selection of players who are pathetic every game they play together (Kenny/Billy).

Subs- Just today he bought frigging Placheta on. Ruined our chance to win at Old Trafford with the horrific choice in replacements. Never has a sub he's bought on positively impacted our points taken from the game.

General attitude - attitude towards the fans stinks. He's willfully ignorant and buries his head in the sand. He isn't honest, always blags a positive spin on everything and that annoys me when there is so obviously nothing to be positive about.

I don't know how he isn't under more pressure. Awful appointment and we won't act until it's November and we're 12th.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Herman said:

What has he actually done in the months he's been here? No players have improved, no youngsters have come through or been utilised properly, minute memorable performances and no positives to take forward. It's rubbish and you all know it.

44 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

And let's not forget Idah, who clearly improved under Smith.

3 hours ago, rock bus said:

He’s arguably now performing worse than Farke.

As a club we are in a total mess, I can’t quite comprehend how it has gone so wrong so quick.

could be a very difficult few years coming up 

I agree - it’s had to see where there is any form of progression this season. We look unfit, tactically and positionally inept, and play like a bunch of strangers. 

I get everyone is frustrated and I'm not going to quibble with that. I also didn't watch today, I said previously I'm finding it hard to find anything to get excited about nowadays.

My one comment would be that generally, every team that's losing a game of football by four goals looks like they don't have passion and don't put in the effort. That's because they are nearly always so far behind the play that running like a maniac would do little and they are late to everything that could be seen as a 50/50. 

It's usually a positional or tactical issue caused by just being worse than your opponent rather than a genuine lack of commitment. Anyone who has played a team way better than them kinda knows this deep down, you get run rings around and don't know where to go or what to do.

Maybe I'm wrong, as I said, I didn't watch, but that's my general feeling about this kind of comment.

*Not that "our players are so bad they look like tired amateurs" would be of much comfort.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i agree some managers stay 3/4 years some stay 6 months if it is not working then we must change things 

what worries me most is we were told a DOF would allow us to change manager if he left for what ever reason and another could easily slot in with the same style that the players were used to etc 

seems Webber F.......... That up just like the summer signings 

we have ripped up all the good work Farke did instead of improving it 

Wasn't it said if a manager leaves the DOF would "bring continuity"...... Well we've been continually shÌt... So I guess it worked 😉

3 hours ago, komakino said:

Agreed. If & When Smith gets his own squad together, then we will see if he is having a positive effect.

Dean Smith had his own squad at Villa which he had built up over  3 seasons and they still lost to WHU 0 - 4 so don't expect too much. Probably one of the reasons he got saacked there. Cannot see any style to our play from game to game.

Totally uninspiring manager. Anyone know what the pay off would be to get rid of him?

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i agree some managers stay 3/4 years some stay 6 months if it is not working then we must change things 

what worries me most is we were told a DOF would allow us to change manager if he left for what ever reason and another could easily slot in with the same style that the players were used to etc 

seems Webber F.......... That up just like the summer signings 

we have ripped up all the good work Farke did instead of improving it 

Exactly this IMO.

This isn't Delia's, Farke's or the players (at least those of them who have won 2 Championships titles) fault - this miserable season is 100% Webber's fault and he should be the one to go, although I'd be quite happy to see DS go with him - a poor and panicked appointment who has made the players look far worse than they are.

• Like 1

Straight talking required. Dean Smith was employed to shift the dial over to a positive direction, otherwise we could have just stuck with Daniel Farke. But Dean Smith has NOT improved our squad’s performance. Not one bit. So his appointment was a failure. Stuart Webber owns that huge mistake. You could argue that the squad was just not good enough no matter who was in charge. Once again, it was Stuart Webber who sold Buendia and spent the Club treasure on poor replacements. Stuart Webber owns that huge error. Stuart Webber has proven his massive talents are not equal to the task of improving the Club’s standing under the current model. Perhaps he is better suited to walking up and down hills for challenge and charity? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Im not going to go to war with a guy with his hands on his pockets with a mug of tea in his hands sipping it like it’s his pre-bedtime Horlicks.

Done with him

Hands in his pockets or holding a mug of tea? Which is it?

1 hour ago, Richard Richard said:

Strikes me that Dean Smith likely took over with assurances from Delia and Co that he'd be safe if we got relegated.

I’m not convinced that Richard Richard is overly serious - but just to assist the “assurance” is a 2 1/2 year contract signed last November . 
If he gets the boot - well you can work out the rest . 

2 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Hands in his pockets or holding a mug of tea? Which is it?

I’ve never heard it called a Mug of Tea before. But I am a bit old fashioned . 

If somebody has the game recorded can they please have a look at the pre-match footage of him standing there drinking from the mug chatting away to David Moyes like he’s collecting the morning f&£king paper…

nothing says “im comfy as f@£k and not putting in any effort” like a warm beverage from a mug on a football touch line 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Its not about doing a Watford, its about having an incompetent in place. He was bought in to keep us up and the results have been awful and hes stripped away our identity. What more damage do you want him to do? 

What identity did we have with Farke at the end?

The side needs a complete rebuild, and I'm not sure Smith is the guy I would throw my lot in with to do that. However, it must be take into account that the man who should theoretically be leading a rebuild doesn't seem all that committed to the club. 5 years ago when Webber walked into the club he soon realised things were sour and needed fixing. Has he got the blinkers on to the faults as they have come under his watch? Or had he essentially checked out of the role towards the back end of last season, in preparation for him to step aside as his contract was up? Whichever it is, he now needs to appreciate the size of the task ahead, and either get to work on putting a squad together that will compete at the top end of the Championship (something he has shown himself to be good at) or accept that he doesn't want to do this anymore, and walk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’m not convinced that Richard Richard is overly serious - but just to assist the “assurance” is a 2 1/2 year contract signed last November . 
If he gets the boot - well you can work out the rest . 

The trouble with the 'assurance' of a 2 1/2 year contract (when taking over a side in our position at the time) is that it relieves the incoming manager of any significant pressure to perform. Seems overwhelmingly like it was an appointment with next season in the Champs in mind. Probably the reality but difficult to accept for fans with lingering hopes of a turnaround in fortune. Almost like Delia and Co said "It's OK Deano, keeping us up would be a bonus but we know we're going down anyway"....

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

All I would say is with each performance like today, the pressure rises on getting off to a flyer next season.

That’s the concern - I’ve been a regular for 40 years and the number of ‘fast starts’ we’ve had in that time is few and far between.  Imo he has to be given a decent chance, one he’s certainly not yet had with the squad he inherited.

Edited by Branston Pickle

image.thumb.jpeg.bbacbba8f3edf52333ab1e5f519cfc5d.jpeg

here it is. This is not a guy who gives a f&£k

and, yes, I know it’s a Norfolk dialect Mug. It’s not what’s on the mug it’s the fact he’s drinking from a mug.

casual as f@£k

may as well have been wearing a nightgown

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

I'll answer that for him, none, nada, zilch, not one single minute.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

image.thumb.jpeg.bbacbba8f3edf52333ab1e5f519cfc5d.jpeg

here it is. This is not a guy who gives a f&£k

and, yes, I know it’s a Norfolk dialect Mug. It’s not what’s on the mug it’s the fact he’s drinking from a mug.

casual as f@£k

may as well have been wearing a nightgown

Maybe he has a cold or flu symptoms and it was maybe a Lem-Sip he was drinking 😉🤣 or even better maybe a whisky or two.

Edited by Mengo